All reviews beautiful hotel wild rice zamana restaurant leading hotels of the world main restaurant room service diplomatic enclave secure hotel breakfast buffet luxury hotel rooms are large no doubt five star business trip health club business center hotel management
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for work, first room smelt bad, probably because of dampness. Carpets in the room and corridors were not only worn out but looked dirty.
Room equipment was obsolete, from the TV to Phone, to controls, etc. Adjusting hot water in the washroom was an issue.
Very substandard, unfortunate for this hotel to be consider the best of the worst in ISB.
I hope some new competition will force these guys to improve.
Security checks are on overkill, if you park at the bottom you have to go through two security check points which include frisking and scanning all bags / hand carry's, if you get dropped at lobby entrance you only have to go through one, does not making sense and is annoying, there should be just one(this is in addition to your car being thoroughly checked before entering the hotel).

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled on business
Michel_Galopin, General Manager at Islamabad Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the comments which I have read with concern following your stay at the Islamabad Serena Hotel.

I have reviewed your comments with great attention and be assured that we shall take the necessary measures to make your future stay the most comfortable and pleasant one.

We highly value our guests comments in order to improve our product for their comfort and enjoyment.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to "your hone away from home".

Reviewed 3 November 2018

The Serena is a modern hotel, well-designed in a slightly heavy, opulent style. (It reminded me of some of the Arabian-styled hotels in Dubai.) It sits in very pleasant and well-tended grounds, with good views of the hills. There is a health club with a spa, an outdoor pool, and a modern, well-equipped gym. There is a second outdoor pool, but this was closed for the winter when I was there.

My room was large and comfortable, in good condition, and with a well-equipped bathroom. WiFi was free, though the speed could be a little variable.

The breakfast buffet was diverse and generally excellent, though an evening meal in the same restaurant was perhaps a little disappointing. Staff were attentive and very helpful.

Overall, this was a hotel where I could relax in a pleasant place and feel looked after to a very high standard.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the warm comments following your stay at the Islamabad Serena Hotel.

The Associates and I were delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel facilities to the fullest as well as the buffet breakfast selection and the quality of the service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to "your home away from home".

Reviewed 31 October 2018

, I had to wait almost 25 minutes to get checked in. Granted, it was peak time, 7 pm, but they should deploy extra staff. Check-in should never take more than 10 minutes.. Service throughout the hotel was efficient and friendly and the Nazrana Lounge on the 6th floor was very nice for tea and scones. The hotel's public areas display many fine art works and antique furniture.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Michel_Galopin, General Manager at Islamabad Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your warm comments following your stay at the Islamabad Serena Hotel.

The Associates and I were delighted to read that you enjoyed to the fullest the hotel facilities and the service at our Nazara lounge.

I am sorry to read that you did not receive a fast check in service upon your arrival and be assured that our Front Office Manager has been fully briefed to avoid recurrence of such a mishap.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

After 2 years of convincing my partner to visit Pakistan with me, I could take no chances in her becoming disappointed and for my trip in Islamabad booked the #1 hotel available. I have previously stayed at other reputable hotels in Islamabad but the difference in class was visible from the very first moments.

I wrote to the hotel in advance to secure my complimentary transfer while I also informed them that it was my wife’s first visit and I wanted her first impressions were positive. Serena no doubt obliged. We were received immediately at arrivals by two members of Serena who were incredibly professional and friendly. Upon reaching the hotel (Once you get through some heavy security checks) check in was quick and straightforward and it appeared my email to them had been acted upon as we received a complimentary upgrade and then had a welcome cake and large bouquet of flowers in our room – great touch!

The rest of the visit was faultless. Mega comfortable bed, responsive staff, laundry service brilliant and a lovely atmosphere within the hotel. Security is good, door staff are incredibly polite and respectful.

Other than breakfast, I didn’t dine at any of the restaurants but breakfast itself offered a wide range of choices and was of a good quality.

The Serena met all expectations and I will only stay here for future visits to Islamabad. A great experience.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Michel_Galopin, General Manager at Islamabad Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear valued Guest,

The Associates and I were delighted to read that you enjoyed to the fullest the comfort of our hotel and that we were able to meet your expectation and provide to your wife an unique experience at the Serena on the occasion of her first visit to Pakistan.

I shall relay your detailed comments to all concerned to encourage them to carry on their good work.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to "your home away from home".

Reviewed 24 October 2018

I couldn't fault this hotel. One of the best I have ever stayed in. the staff here will go out of their way to help you. The interior design is lovely Islamic design in a modern style. I found it a quiet hotel and easy to sleep in, even with jet lag.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear valued Guest,

The Associates and I were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest and appreciated the hotel architecture and ethnic design.

Your kind compliments about the service will be conveyed to our staff to encourage them to carry on their good work.