All reviews thai restaurant pool side margalla hills wonderful service five star the executive lounge coffee shop outdoor pool choice of restaurants quality of food government offices room service business trip no doubt breakfast buffet security measures excellent hotel
Reviewed 31 October 2018

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and daughter for one week. The staff was very professional, listening and friendly, from the maid up to the managers. We appreciated the food in Nadia and other restaurants, and the music too when eating. Complimentary laundry for two items per person per day was included. We recommend this hotel in Islamabad but avoid Marriott hotel in Karachi, which is not comparable and where we had a bad experience this year.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mtufail
RaheelS57, Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear Sir,

Greetings from the Marriott Islamabad.

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Islamabad Marriott Hotel through the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. I am very glad to know that you had a fantastic stay with us. We appreciate your kind compliments about our hotel, service and facilities. Thank you for your great support and it will be our pleasure to offer you another delightful experience at The Marriott Islamabad in the future. Your business is much appreciated and we’ll do our very best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Raheel Sheikh
Assistant Front Office Manager
raheel.sheikh@marrtiottislamabad.com

Reviewed 31 October 2018

My first time traveling to Islamabad, Pakistan and I was chosing between this hotel and another one. Since a lot of my officemates stayed at this hotel and they recommended, I opted to chose this one. The price is just about right.

I stayed for about 8 days (if I remember it correctly). I arrived very early in the morning in Islamabad and went straight to the hotel together with my officemates who picked me up from the airport. The location of the hotel is safe and how the entrance was designed was also safe. Though unlike other hotels where after going down your car you are at the lobby already, this one you would need to walk a few steps before reaching the lobby. Not too far though. The following day I also realized it was a good location because it's very near our office.

The hotel staff were very welcoming and I was happy they gave me a room with a fantastic view, room is facing the street and the mountains. I really like it that they respond to my questions very politely all the time. Though aside from the staff at the front desk and the lounge, the other staff rarely smile and greet guests but that's ok.

The room was clean and big enough for my luggages and I can still walk around with comfort. The sheets and pillows smell nice and soft too. The bathroom is clean and spacious.

I like it that there is a complimentary 2 pieces of laundry everyday, especially staying that long in the hotel I had to have some of clothes washed and pressed. And they all come back to my room smelling nice and clean. neatly pressed. It shows how well they've taken care of the clothes.

It's also good that there are different variety of restaurants at the ground floor aside from their main restaurant that serves Chinese and Japanese food.

Wifi is strong too! I used it frequently whenever I have to finish something before going to work or before going to sleep.

Some area of improvements:

1. Since I stayed more than a week, they should have taken notice of what time I would normally leave the hotel and request to have my room cleaned. There were a number of times that they will wake me up and disturb me only to ask if they can clean the room when I specifically mentioned the first few times that I usually go back to the hotel from office early hours in the morning so they shouldn't wake me up at 9am or 10am just to clean the room. I had to sleep. I've advised them to clean the room whenever I would go to work which is 3pm or 4pm. I remember calling the reception several times to let them know about my schedule.

2. Slippers. I had to request for slippers several times because the room didn't have any.Yes, I looked around but couldn't find one. After calling quite a number of times, that's the only time they brought me a pair of slippers.

Overall, it was a good stay. Not so bad. Price is just about right. Very safe. I had good sleep and was able to rest whenever I am back at the hotel. I will recommend this hotel if you're in Islamabad.

Room tip: Go with higher floor and mountain view.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Greetings from the Marriott Islamabad.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Raheel Sheikh
Assistant Front Office Manager
raheel.sheikh@marrtiottislamabad.com

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

We visited as a large family group last Easter taking a total of four rooms, ours was a junior suite. This certainly is a very grand hotel with lots of pomp and ceremony when you enter and a vintage Rolls Royce in the foyer that leaves you in no doubt that this is the place in the capital where the rich, famous and wanbabees mingle. The high security, whilst understandable, can get quite tiresome after a while. Afternoon tea and coffee is excellent but expect to pay international prices. We ate in both the buffet and one of the a la carte restaurants. The food was not up to the standard I would expect of a hotel of this quality and needs to be improved. Another problem is the staff who are not empowered to sort out any problems at all. We complained about the level of noise coming from the ac in our room but were told that the engineer could not find fault with it. There were signs in the rooms advertising 250 mbs internet download speed but when I did an Ookla speed test I got less than 10!
Not enough even to power my Nvidia Shield android TV box to access my iptv service. On a positive note, the hotel did have plenty of English language channels including premium movie channels. I did complain to the hotel about the advertised internet speed but was unable to get a coherent answer.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Slimran66
RaheelS57, Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Mr. Imran Y,

Greetings from the Marriott Islamabad.

I am writing to you regarding your stay at our hotel. I would like to thank you for taking time to write your feedback and it holds the utmost value for us. I would like to apologize for the service shortfalls that you encountered during your stay, as these are not the service standards we set for ourselves here at Marriott Islamabad. It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests nor provide anything less than the best in service and facilities. We take great pride in the level of service and attention to detail that we are able to provide to our guests and when their expectations are not met, we have failed in our primary endeavor.

I have highlighted your concerns to the concerned department also updated your profile notes, and once again, every kind of feedback from our guests is important as it enables us to work towards improving the quality of our services. I really appreciate you taking the time to bring up to our attention the challenges you have encountered. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Islamabad.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a nice location and looks luxurious. However my room was not as clean as I would have expected and hoped for. The service in the lobby cafe was abysmal. It was slow and because we were a female party of 3 it seemed as though they really couldn’t care less. It took 25 mins to get a latte and they were not busy. We had to go to the counter to order as they were relaxed about service. I could go on and on especially how it took 20 mins to put a sweet item on plate and walk over to our seating..... and that was after a reminder!!!
The hotel reception service was not good either. They had no idea where I could purchase a basket of Pakistani sweets (methi) from And I was passed from one person to another and after half hour I gave up and asked the taxi driver. The only lovely person there at reception was a lovely young chap called Faisan who was smiling and welcoming. The rest I would describe as quite surly :(

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank meena s
RaheelS57, Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Dear Meena S,

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Comfortable and clean business hotel.

Some of the real strengths are:
Security - there is a substantial wall around the place, and entry and exit is through strengthened rooms. There is a good sized armed guard outside, and (quite easy to miss) armed guard within the perimeter. The security team were alert and focussed on their work, and it all felt very safe indeed.
Service - the staff were great. I had a lot of interactions with the front desk team - who cheerfully battled on against their obviously rather trying computer software (it took the best part of an hour to transfer my colleagues room charges), but the team were friendly and helpful.
Rooms - clean and comfortable, obviously well maintained.
The Buffet - really excellent, particularly the Pakistani food; I mean, how can you get better than Chana masala and paratha for breakfast?

Lord Linlithgow's Rolls Royce (1922) is displayed in the lobby.

Some of the speciality restaurants could improve - but hey, if you go to Pakistan and go out to Chinese food, then you have to live with the best approximation - I was dragged their by colleagues, and it was ok, but the portions, and prices are massive.
The hotel offers you the ability to change money at reception, but the amount that you can do at any one time is limited. If you need a lot of cash to cover expenses, then you'll have to do a number of transactions.
Communication between the taxi company in the lobby and the front desk was always a bit hit and miss - but we always got where we wanted to be.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
RaheelS57, Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Ian J,

Greetings from the Marriott Islamabad.

Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. I appreciate that you took the time to write the things you enjoyed the most, as well as the areas we need to improve on.

Your business is much appreciated and we’ll do our very best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

With my best personal regards,