“recent family trip”

Positives:
excellent staff and service
excellent comfortable beds
very clean
very good food.free internet.excellent selection of lots of restaurants.chinease was excellent
Negatives:
wrong information given about room mini bar use.charged me for all items except drinks
one cockroch was found in my bathroom.very quickly removed though
the worst height toilet seat I ever encountered.I do not think even able bodied person can use such a low level toilet seat.This must be sorted.
Overall,excellent hotel in islamabad.will use again

Room Tip: try to book through their local business clients,will get cheaper rooms than stated price
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mjh r
Jan V, General Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Greetings from Marriott Islamabad. Thank you for taking the time to share your insight about your stay on tripadvisor.com
You have provided some great knowledge from experiencing first hand Marriott Islamabad and the features of our hotel. We are proud too of our over 25 years of the leading hospitality heritage in Islamabad. Having only taken over the helm of the hotel very recently, your feedback has provided me already a very good acumen what our hotel is from the guest perspective and will use this to further enhance our services and product. I hope I will be able to meet you in person on your next trip to Islamabad. Wishing you a wonderful summer ahead.

There are newer reviews for Islamabad Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I always liked Islaamabad as it was well planned. The MARIOTT hotel inspite of the pounding it took still remains as the best hotel in Islamabad. Well maintained rooms, excellent service are the hallmark of this hotel. Security is tight but the aomosphere is very lively.my rooms were facing the margala hills and it's amazing. All facilities are top class except the restaurant facing the reception....the food offered was not expected from MARIOTT. It was too much local stuff and heavy oily food was too many in the menu offered....not much of vegetable choices were available tool......otherwise this pricy hotel is perfect.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the margala hills.......
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank santoshke

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Marriott in Islamabad. The service was very good and the hotel is renown for the amount of restaurants they have (close to 6 I believe) It is the place where the local people come for a smart dinner. The Thai restaurant is particularly good. The chinese was less so. The internet is free in the rooms and in the lobby. The security is every good . Two comments: the rooms even if labelled smoke free they actually have a lingering smell of cigarette. Also since the corridors are not smoke free...the smell "enters" the room any way. The neighbours were noisy until past midnight and when I complained the offered to move me to another floor rather than facing the noisy client. I did not really feel like packing to move! The money machine in the lobby did not have money in it either so it was complicated to get local currency. The bar and the fruit were complimentary. It was highly appreciated that everyday I had fresh fruit and cookies. It would be useful if they added a kettle and some tea and coffee bags etc to the rooms. The massages, the spa and gym area were quite fine.

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor which I undestand is the only floor that is totally smoke free.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank DonaTita

Reviewed 31 March 2012

It's my first time in Islamabad so I won't be able to compare this hotel with the other hotels in Islamabad. However, just like any other Marriott hotel elsewhere, expect that service is good, gym and pool OK, and rooms spacious and complete with the necessary amenities since their rates are also a bit on the high side. What's more important if you go to places with security issues is to make sure that the hotel's security plan and facilities are top class and really good. I guess I am satisfied with how Marriott handles its security issues. You can say that it's really tight and sometimes it maybe a bit stressful going through all the checks and walking from the front gate up to the hotel lobby but it's worth it. As they say, better safe than sorry.

If you are a bit hessitant to eat out, the hotel has five restaurants so you can choose from 1) western; 2) thai; 3) chinese; 4) japanese; and 5) indian cuisine.
Apart from this, there is their main restaurant which serves ala carte meals and buffet. Food is okay but a bit overpriced. Breakfast buffet is also OK but their coffee is a bit disappointing (instant coffee I guess). Our rooms also do not have a coffee/tea set unlike other 4 and 5-star hotels

There's just one thing that I don't like. The hallways and rooms on the 3rd floor reek of cigarettes. You'll get used to the smell though after staying there for quite some time ;p

Overall, Marriott is a nice place to stay in if ever you find yourself in the Beautiful city of Islamabad.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank I-benget

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I have been traveling a lot in Europe and USA. Marriott Islamabad is worth staying. Hotel is secure. Beds are comfortable, good service, nice dinning with a lot of choices, good staff. For relaxation good indoor swimming pool and exercise room.
The cook " Mr. Mazloom", he was so nice to make fresh PARATHY every morning. Thank you.

I stayed with my family, had three rooms for one week. Will choose to stay again:)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Abdul T
Jan V, General Manager at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Warmest Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamabad
2.3 km away
5.4 km away
Best Western Islamabad Hotel
Best Western Islamabad Hotel
#14 of 23 in Islamabad

Been to Islamabad Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!