“Amazing and enlightening visit to MAG”

MAG UXO Visitor Centre
Ranked #8 of 88 things to do in Vientiane
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The UXO Visitor Centre provides visitors with an opportunity to learn more about the most bombed country in the world per capita, and about the work that MAG has been doing in Lao PDR since 1994 to save lives and support development for local communities by clearing the deadly remnants of the bombings.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I popped in to MAG after learning about it on my last day in Vientiane and I was so glad I did. Afyer visiting COPE already I wasn't sure how much more I could learn but there was so much information and inspiration. I had a great chat with the woman running the information desk and she answered all my questions about the organisation and the work they do, the teams who go out in the field and everything I could think of to ask. They also have free tea, coffee and water for visitors which is a nice touch. I was so inspired by my visit that now when I get home I want to raise funds for them and the incredible work they do. Fabulous organisation and excellent visitor centre.

1  Thank KiwigirlHol
All reviews
"perfect place to learn"
"everyday lives"
"heart warming"
"eye opening"
in 4 reviews
"definitely worth the visit"
"on display"
in 6 reviews
"bombs"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This Centre deserves 10 times more visitors. It’s incredibly informative and heart warming. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Vientiane; it inspires you to get more involved and tell your friends and family about this important issue.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

A little off the beaten path, the MAG UXO center highlights work being done by this non-profit to rid Laos and other war-affected nations of the lasting effects of near-constant air raids and bombing campaigns.

Staff is professional and proficient in English, and you will leave with a strong sense of the importance of their mission for the future of Laos and elsewhere. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

This is an excellent, well presented visitors centre in Vientiane providing interesting information on a 40 year old war which still has a devastating impact on the people of Laos today. I would highly recommend a visit and finding out more about the crucial life-saving work which MAG does in the country.