Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
USD 54
View deal
Free cancellation until 25/09/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
PricelineUSD 56
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed more than two weekend in the hotel at the end of July.
The six floor hotel is situated ca. 8min walking distance from Mekong River where you can find all the restaurants, pubs, the Morning Market is 2min walking distance from the hotel.
I think it is one of the best location in town.
The rooms are specious, equipped with desk, hi-speed internet, TV, minibar, safe and air-condition and dryer in bathroom. You can also find bathrobe and slippers.
The breakfast is very good, there is a big choice of food: chicken noodle soup, scramble eggs, omelet, fried rice, pork/ chicken sausage and toasts. Unfortunately every day is the same choice but taste good.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Sometimes we had difficulty with the communication in English but there is always somebody who can help with the translation.
We are not very happy about housekeeping. They do not clean room like in 4 star hotels. Sometimes they forgot to leave drinking water or towels, shower gel etc.
In the room the restaurant take-away menu is missing, there is also no information about check –out time, gym opening hours and dinner and supper time.
Generally it is good hotel and I would recommend it for business and pleasure stay.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed 21 April 2012

THE VIENTIANE PLAZA HOTEL, VIENTIANE, LAOS.

I stayed in this hotel for five nights from 24th to 28th March 2012 on a business trip.

This Vietnamese managed hotel is situated in the city centre; and it is one year old. It is in a complex that also comprises office and retail units. The hotel is within a ten minute walk to the river front where there are a lot of cafes, bars and restaurants. It has a beautiful, spacious and modern lobby. The front entrance area is made of glass. As you enter, the cool interior makes you feel like you have entered an oasis of tranquility.

My room was a superior single room on the sixth floor. The rate included buffet breakfast, for which you are given vouchers that have been date stamped. The room was a good sized one. The furniture is made of locally sourced timber, which looks and feels solid. There was a TV which had the main western channels like CNN, BBC, TV5, CCTV and regional ones from South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam etc. The room also had a mini bar, a fridge, and tea and coffee making facilities. The view from my room was ok. The mattress was on the hard side. I understand that this is the norm for all hotel mattresses. The pillows were very comfortable.

The bathroom was a bit on the small side. I could smell cigarette smoke from other rooms which comes in through the ventilation duct in the bathroom. If you are not happy about this – you can request a change of room. Unfortunately, the hotel is not yet a “No smoking” hotel. The bathroom had the usual amenities like shower gel, shampoo, shower cap, tooth brush and paste, razor, etc.

Breakfast is buffet style. There is an egg station where you can request how you wish your eggs to be done. Almost all the hot buffet dishes contain pork. The fresh fruit is a delight. Pastries and different kinds of bread are available. There is also local beef noodle soup available. Cold salads and slices of meat are also available. I did not have lunch or dinner at the hotel restaurant because there are cafes and restaurants not far from the hotel.

Wi-Fi is free and available in the rooms. Sometimes the signal disappears and it can take time for it to reappear. There are two lifts. The hotel does not have a fitness centre or any spa/health centre. There are two tennis courts.

The staff members are very friendly, polite and helpful. They look smart in their uniforms. The hotel management encourages feedback from the guests. The Manager Mr. Philip Owings and his Executive Assistant Manager, Mr. Dinh Diep are very approachable men who strive to ensure that the hotel operates smoothly.

This is a good hotel for business people. It is in a good location and room prices are competitive. It is a good place to meet for business meetings.

MAZ MANNAN 21st April 2012.

Room tip: Ask for a high floor room away towards the rear of the hotel.
Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Positives: This is a relatively new hotel. The rooms are nice, spacious, and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. Location seems relatively safe.
Not So Positives: It is a distance to get to the river area and good restaurants. The restaurant was so so - breakfast was horrible but our dinner the night before was good. Staff doesn't speak very much English - be prepare or you may be frustrated.

Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2011

My original booking was for a different hotel in Vientiane. But as soon as I arrived I could not stay there. The hotel was very old, far from the city center and the staff were unfriendly so I decided to go and stay in a hotel.

I took some brochure from the airport and I saw the advertisement of VIENTIANE PLAZA HOTEL. According to the discription and the friendly prices it seemed to be the place where I want to go. I have called their reservations and they said they have rooms available. I took a taxi and decided to go and check it.

As soon as I arrived there I knew I made the best choice. The hotel is very new and looks beautiful. It has a big lobby are with some caffe shop and free internet area.
I gave a very nice and friendly welcome from the reception team.

First they gave me a room on the 6th floor which was amazing! The bed was huge and very comfortable. Unfrutunately there was no safety box in the that room so I was moved to the 3rd floor to the same category room which had safety box.

The room was very nice and modern and the bathroom was equipped with all the necessery amenities and toilettries you need. There is a little minibar in the room as well.
I loved the free internet access in the room and the connection was very fast.

I only had some concern and issues about the food. They had nice restaurants but the menu was very poor. Most of the foods were not availabe as they didnt have an Executive Chef that time. I couldnt even oder a pizza which is very simple to prepare.
The food what I have ordered in the restaurant was totally different from the international standards and I didnt like the taste neither. I had to send back 3 different dishes as they were not even close to the tast and quality I was expected. Finally the restaurant manager stepped in and he managed to prepare me a nice delicious pasta.

Most of the time I was eating in the bakery shop which is located in the lobby area. They have very nice cakes and cookies. Upon arrival I received one complimentary welcome drink voucher which I could use in the same place.

The breakfast selection was good with lots of choice.
I went 2 times for dinner and I was the only guest in the restaurant. I felt like I am the only guest in the hotel. However I saw some other guests the next day morning during breakfast.

The staff were very friendly and all of them could speak English.

Special thank you for the Front Office Manager Ms. Maimany Sidala who was so kind and helped me a lot with providing information, arranging tours and changing my flight ticket. She was very professional and was always around to assist.

The hotel also provided a complimentary drop off to the airport. It was very easy not to worry about arranging a taxi to the airport in the evening.

I definately recommend anyone to stay in Vientiane Plaza hotel. You get the quality and the standard what you pay. I am sure you will be happy with it.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank feranora
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I have been staying at the Vientiane Plaza Hotel for the last two nights, having found it using Trip Advisor, and booking on Expedia. The deal was a pretty good one, and I liked the sound of it... That the hotel was brand spanking new. Reviewing it,
ortcomings, then try it out.

The staff have been totally welcoming, although it's rather as if a class of twelve year olds are running the place. They mean well but have no experience. Laos if for all intents and purposes cut off from the outside world, a I have been staying at the Vientiane Plaza Hotel for the last two nights, having found it using Trip Advisor, and booking on Expedia. The deal was a pretty good one, and I liked the sound of it... That the hotel was brand spanking new.

The staff have been totally welcoming, although it's rather as if a class of twelve year olds are running the place. Maybe that sounds more harsh than it is. They mean well but have no experience. Laos is for all intents and purposes cut off from the outside world, and this is reflected in the hotel. I am writing this from the breakfast salon, in august 2011, with Christmas songs playing in the background. ALL the staff are watching me ALL the time, as I am the only guest eating... Indeed, I think I'm the only person staying here at the moment.

The hotel is VERY clean. It's new and that's a good thing. Location, it's about a ten minute walk from the centre, but an easy and quite pleasing walk. The rooms are slightly small but quite fine. Most mod cons, including good quality bath robes, towels, tv and fridge. No safe though which is a bummer. You get the feeling they are fearful that people will steal anything they can get into their cases. Perhaps it's for this reason that there is an exhaustive menu card offering items in the room for sale... From the bed sheets to the hair dryer.

I did find the bathroom too cramped. And the bath has the taps exactly where you would lie and so actually lying down is hard, if not impossible. So is closing the door, as it's sooo confined. The strangest thing to me were the vast empty spaces. They are everywhere and inexplicable. In any other hotel, they would be filled with little gift shops or furniture... Or in the bedroom floors they would perhaps not exist a all... But this is Laos, and in Laos remember things are different. As a Communist country there really isn't a pressure to make cash. Which leads me to why such a hotel as this should exist at all. My thinking is that it has been built with a few million bucks donated by the international community. Or, if not that, it's part of a money laundering program. If my stay is anything to go by, it runs at a huge loss, unless I'm missing something, which I have a feeling that I am not.

Conclusion: stay here and be amused. nd this is reflected in the hotel. I am writing this from the breakfast salon, in august, with Christmas songs playing in the background. All the staff are watching me ALL the time, as I am the only guest eating... Indeed, I think I'm the only person staying here at the moment.

The hotel is VERY clean. It's new and that's a good thing. Location, it's about a ten minute walk from the centre, but an easy and quite pleasing walk. The rooms are slightly small but quite fine. Most mod cons, including good quality bath robes, towels, tv and fridge. You get the feeling they a trifled that people with steal anything they can get into their case. Perhaps it's for this reason that there is an exhaustive menu of all items in the room... From the bed sheets to the hair dryer.

I did find the bathroom too cramped. And the bath has the taps exactly where you would lie and so actually lying down is hard. So is closing the door, as it's sooo confined. The strangest thing to me was the vast empty spaces. They are everywhere and inexplicable. In any other hotel, they would be filled with little gift shops... Or in the bedroom floors they would perhaps not exist a all... But this is Laos, and in Laos remember things are different. As a Communist country there really isn't a pressure to make cash. Which leads me to why such a hotel as this should exist at all. My thinking is that it has been built with a few million bucks donated by the international community. Or, if not that, it's part of a money laundering program. If my stay is anything to go by, it runs at a huge loss, unless I'm missing something, which I have a feeling that I am not.

Conclusion: stay here and be amused.

Date of stay: August 2011