Lowest prices for your stay
USD 42
View deal
Free cancellation until 01/05/21
Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews the river a king size bed rooms are large laos english
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2019

Hotel centrally located, within walking distances to numerous tourist sites and bars and restaurants.
Breakfast was ok, nothing special. No air conditioning in the lobby though!
On check-in reception staff have very little or no English at all. I tried to ask them for directions to various places, and they just gave me a map!
Room was on twin share basis and it was huge with a king size bed and one single bed, plenty space for two people.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 10 November 2019

My boss from Indonesia stayed one night in September and he said he like the hotel because the price was okay, so the next trip to Vientiane in october, he asked me to book New Rose Hotel. I found the phone number and asked for email address which i emailed and stated standard room for my 3 guests, meaning 1 room each. When my boss and other 2 companions arrived I asked how was New Rose Hotel, they said they were booked in triple rooms and price was too high. My boss said last time his room was a standard room and the price was lower...they only stayed for one night and needed to fly early in the morning so staying in a wide triple room with out breakfast and a high price is not that good. Overall, they said the hotel is good.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank taraki52
Reviewed 25 March 2019

The location of this hotel is perfect - next to great cofffee shops and restaurants and a quick walk to markets as well as the river. The breakfast is not ideal for a vegetarian but the eggs are good and so that worked. Each room is different - mine was great it had a double bed and then a separate lounge space.

Room tip: Ask for the beds you prefer (double or multiple single)
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2019

We had previously stayed here in the past and enjoyed our stay that time so we booked this hotel again. When we arrived staff was very friendly and we were allowed to check in even though it was before check in time. We were given a room on the second floor, but we really prefer rooms on higher levels so after walking into the room we decided to go ask to see if we could be moved to a higher floor. The shade was pulled shut in that room and I was only in there very briefly so I did not notice any details about that first room.

Staff was kind enough to move us to the fourth floor. However, when we walked into the room it was very disappointing. The room itself was spacious, but was not as clean as I would have liked. I initially noticed dust on the furniture, but assume it was just because they had not been expecting anybody to check into this room on this day. However, then I noticed actual trash, some sort of paper, under both the table in the seating area as well as under the desk. The carpet under the seating area was also had some debris. There were also some crumbs under the desk. I also noticed something spilled on the floor by one side of the bed, and was able to wipe it up with a wet tissue.

That indicated to me that nobody had swept/mopped the room after the last guest had left. Although the bed was made I was concerned that sheets had not been changed. I pulled the comforter back and saw hairs and other debris on the sheets.

I went and found a housekeeping woman and while I don’t think she spoke English, she did follow me into the room and she understood what I wanted. She was nice about it and came back with a new sheet, pillowcases and a comforter cover and kindly changed them for me.

We had already felt bad because we had asked for a new room, and now I had asked for new sheets so we didn’t want to complain about anything else. However, we discovered that the safe was useless as it was already locked, and the a/c had issues because the display on both the remote and the unit did not work so you could not tell what mode it was on or what temperature it was set at. The a/c did work fine, but we had problems regulating it without knowing the mode/temperature.

Unfortunately the cleaning issues extended to the bathroom as well, there was mold/mildew growing in the shower. Frankly the shower looked like something you would find in a budget guest house (a lot of damage and in need of renovation).

The bathroom floor was graded poorly and when you showered the water tended to go in front of the toilet and sink instead of actually down the drain. The woman who had changed the sheets for me also set out the bathmat for me in the bathroom, but the whole thing ended up flooded due to the poorly graded floor.

The next day we asked housekeeping to clean our room and they did. The room was cleaned much more efficiently, I had left the trash and the crumbs under the desk to see if they were cleaned up (they were). It did appear that the floor in the main room had been mopped as well. However, the mold and mildew were still present in the bathroom.

I did have an unpleasant experience once when returning to the hotel one evening. You are supposed to leave the key at the front desk when you leave so when I returned I asked for our key and I was told that there was no key for our room. I had seen my husband leave the key at the desk when we left so that did not make sense to me. Then the man at the front desk asked me if I was “living here.” I was actually somewhat offended by that (no I do not go to random hotels asking for keys to rooms that aren’t mine), but then he got a new card out and gave it to me. He also advised me to leave the key at the front desk next time I leave. I tried to explain that we did, which is why I had asked him for our key when I returned.

On the way to our room I was actually a little afraid about what I would find since it seemed possible that our key had been given to someone else (either that or it had been misplaced by staff). Well of course the new card didn’t work. As I was headed back down to get a key that would work I ran into my husband (who had been picking a few things up for the room) and the man at the front desk reset the key again (that time it worked).

I thought the breakfast was good and the location of the hotel is good as well. Most of the staff was very friendly and the rooms were quite spacious with a nice seating area. I saw lots of cleaning being done in the lobby every day, but unfortunately that standard of cleanliness was not applied to our room. Maybe it was an accident since we originally were placed in another room, but either way, guests should not be put into rooms that are not clean.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy D
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Everything here was very smooth and easy. The location is really good, just a block or two from a plethora of cafes and good restaurants. Our room was quite spacious and had a small balcony to sit on and enjoy coffee. Overall, a great place to spend a few days.

Date of stay: September 2018