“Don't bother ”
Review of Chez Joseph

Chez Joseph
Ranked #218 of 470 Restaurants in Vientiane
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Lebanese is my favourite food so glad to find that it was close to our hotel. However the menu did not inspire and was a mixture of Italian and a limited choice of Lebanese.
However decided to give it a go. The man serving was also cooking but only one other couple in and they were only drinking. The mixed starter consisted of some ok felafel and humus and some poor dried out pitta bread. I ordered beef shish but was told only chicken was available. Chicken is my least favourite meat but it was moist at least unlike my partner's chicken shawarma which was dry and tasteless.
The wine was fine. At 302,500 it was our most expensive meal in Vientiane and certainly not worth it.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This place was located very close to our hotel. The staff were very friendly and the food was fresh and tasted very nice. I like the on tap beer which was better than the bottle version. The Lebanese dishes were lovely as were the dips with pita bread.
The prices were very reasonable and we went back again. Good place to people watch also. Worth a visit

Reviewed 1 February 2018

I just left that horrible place. First of all, it's the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I write a negative comment about a restaurant and I'm usually a moderate person in my opinions. I have other things to do than write comments about restaurants (or about anything else), but this time I feel I HAVE to. I left many places disappointed - can happen - but never disguted like this. This Lebanese (?) restaurant in Vientiane serves you absolutely tasteless and basic food, in extremely tiny portions and so overpriced !! I was so hungry (and angry) after that I went to a local restaurant next door where I ate good and sufficient food for one third of the price of this restaurant ! Sorry but I have no pitty at all for that kind of place, it's clearly a SCAM. Hard to understand people gave good score to this place. To boycott at all costs !!!!!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Good honest food at reasonable prices and they make a great G & T.
At stereo level it's pretty noisy at night, but a great place to soak up Vientiane lifestyles.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is simply overpriced. The expensive chicken-shawarma was almost cold and didn’t even had the seize of a starter. The pieces of pita-bread were funny, so small with the babaganusch. The gin-tonics were almost alcohol-free. So, had to pay a lot and went to another place to finish our dinner. The good thing is that the taste of the food was okay.