“The burgers are very good. But then, this is supposed to be a Japanese restaurant”
Review of Yakitoriya

Yakitoriya
Ranked #119 of 984 Restaurants in Astana
Price range: USD 13 - USD 18
Description: The Legendary Japanese network of This event is for the restaurant market of catering in the capital of Kazakhstan. Yakitoriya Network is known for its affordable prices and high-quality cuisine. We have worked a way up from small cafes to nationally favorite network.
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The sushi here is not great. It's edible for sure. But they need to up their game. The burgers are excellent especially considering their low price. There are some exception items on the menu (the Thai grapefruit salad is one). The atmosphere is good.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

the only nice thing about this place is location (along restaurants boulevard) and a beautiful roof terrace. The food is quite bland, tiny portions by any standards, hit and miss tbh.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

It is my first time in Astana, therefore I tried to explore few place for food. I visited Yakitoriya yesterday. Menu is well developed, includes basically Japanese cuisine, as well as couple of Italian things (pizza). They brew their beer, including cherry one. We ordered big sushi set, as well as soups and few other main courses. Service is rather good, food arrived rather quickly and all was really delicious. I also had a glass of nice red wine, colleagues had local beer. Prices are also acceptable and atmosphere in the place is really good.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The food is decent but the service is appalling. As I was having my first bite of food we were demanded -literally demanded- a deposit of 10,000 tenge ($30 approx.) per person for our dinner. I understand that they ask for a deposit, but to push for it while you are eating your food is just crass. I would have had no problem handing the deposit as we were being seated or even before that. Added to this, even though there was a surplus of waiters, the service was agonizingly slow. I have been to many places where there is a Go-go Girls show; the girls generally look like professional dancers and as if they enjoy what they do. At Yakitoria this is not the case. In fact, it felt exploitive.

1  Thank Norma C
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed spending our time at this place a lot.
Nice summer terrace, interesting menu, fresh tasty dishes, fast service.