All reviews the executive lounge top floor aroma restaurant khan shatyr open hours location is ideal the concierge level business trip spa area only negative point great location within walking distance lounge access nice corner room excellent place to stay decent gym superb hotel fitness center
Reviewed 11 December 2016

I've been staying at Marriott Astana few times on business trip. I had some expectation on the quality of the hotel and service, based on my expereince with other hotels and Marriott chain. The truth was that Astana's management doesn't make it to the expected level.
- I'm not happy with a qulity of the room - materials and finishig is just as in an average 2* hotels (see pics).
- I've experienced reception stuff being unfriendly to the guest
- I've used SPA once and been aksed to pay additional 12% if paid not in cash but thru creadit card.

I've provided these feedback to the hotel management directly at their website and via my corporate contacts, but haven't receive any indication on these issuess to be improved.

Bottom line - there are good value-for-money Hilton Gardens abd ParkInn. If you need something decent - wait for Ritz to be opened. You can also go Rixos/Radisson, but they also don't qualify for 5* (in my view)

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank kopilashvili
Mahuas-Philippe, General Manager at Astana Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing the Astana Marriott and your feedback.

I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you have faced during your stay. Please rest assured that I have since addressed the matter with the reception team for implementing corrective measures, as this is certainly not in line with our customer orientated approach.

As for the 12% VAT, I would appreciate if could contact me directly at p.mahuas@marriott-astana.com for further explanations from our side.

We do value your feedback as only like this we can address any challenges or concerns accordingly. I sincerely hope that these incidents have not completely marred your opinion of the Astana Marriott.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon and thank you once more for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

The Marriott is a very nice hotel right next to the park, malls and the ooera house. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Little problems are solved rightaway. And the concierge helps with restaurant reservations, taxis and organizing tours!
The rooms are comfy and big. The gym is well equipped and the spa area invites you to warm up after a cold day!
Really a nice hotel to relax and enjoy!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Mahuas-Philippe, General Manager at Astana Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2017

Dear Gunnar M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on the Tripadvisor and your kind words.

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you felt well looked after by our team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

A functional business hotel in a good location in Astana, spacious rooms, friendly and accommodating reception. Some fairly unusual problems for a Marriott, including an overheated room (it takes a while to figure out how to operate central heating system) and shower that drains very poorly and overflows. All reported so hopefully will be sorted for the next guests.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Alexander P
Mahuas-Philippe, General Manager at Astana Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Dear Alexander,

Thank you for choosing the Astana Marriott hotel and for sharing your experience with us and I do apologize for all the inconveniences you have faced during your stay.

Please rest assured that your comments have been noted and shared with our team for immediate improvement.

Please feel free to contact me at p.mahuas@marriott-astana.com for your next booking as I would be delighted to take care of your requests and welcome you back to our hotel anytime.

Thank you for your positive notes regarding the hotel overall.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

If you have to stay in Astana this is the place. the room was spotlessly clean and spacious, the staff were all very helpful and friendly and the breakfast had a variety of options form fresh fruit and omlettes cooked to order to baked goods and fresh juices.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Mahuas-Philippe, General Manager at Astana Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Dear Matt H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

I am delighted to know that your stay was comfortable and you have enjoyed our facilities and the service.

Please rest assured that I have since shared your positive comments with the entire team, as this is a wonderful way of recognizing their efforts of delivering exceptional guest experiences every time.

I do hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Astana Marriott is located in downtown Astana, just 5 minutes walk from famous Khan Shatir, the tent and big shopping mall. Hotel has a nice pool, Jacuzzi and sauna, tasty breakfast. Rooms are big, with wonderful view to the Astana skyscrapers.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Dear BaniaminPoghosyan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to know that you have had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our facilities and service.

I do hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back in the near future.