Review Highlights
Value for the money.

I’ve taken Giant Ibis buses many times from Thailand to Siem Reap and to Phnom Penh. On time... read more

Reviewed 20 March 2020
expatchef
San Francisco, California
via mobile
Good bus with extremely helpful attendants.

Took this bus from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh CIty the other day. Most of the reviews here seem... read more

Reviewed 10 March 2020
GabrielV381

Recommended experiences in and around Phnom Penh
from USD 60.52
from USD 22.57
from USD 15.39
from USD 16.64
1,853 results
All reviews pastry bus company night bus siem reap bottle of water border crossing ho chi minh air con bathroom break reclining seats comfortable bus plenty of leg room lunch stop bus service wi fi free water hotel pickup
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 July 2019 via mobile

Had their service for HCMC to Phnom Penh and vice versa. They pick up from hotels for departure, give snacks on-board (pastry and bottled water), facilitate border crossing between vietnam and Cambodia, has wifi and usb charger on-board. Recommended.

1  Thank Ann L
Reviewed 6 July 2019 via mobile

We experienced different mode of transportation when we had our Vietnam-Cambodia trip and Giant Ibis Sleeper bus is one of our top pick! It's very cozy and have everything you'll need when travelling for long hours. It got ch arguing station close to your bed and have a big room for couples and singles on board. It may be a short 6-hour ride, but it was worth it!

3  Thank aragee08
Reviewed 2 July 2019

I’ve lost my bag in the bus and this company be so comprehensive and sent my bag in France ! Just for that, i’m Very thankful.
By the way, the bus is the most confortable I have never take until my travel in Asia (water and food include) ! I really recommended

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Benjamin R
Reviewed 1 July 2019 via mobile

My partner and myself spent the night approx 10hrs on the overnight bus. We were in the bottom beds 2A and 2B and its was relatively spacious, myself being 6ft 3" I had to sleep with my legs bent.
The bus left on time and arrived roughly when they mentioned. It left at 830pm and arrived about 715am.
For the first hr and a half the bus stopped a lot, one point loading frozen fish on for about 15 minutes.
The toilet wasnt in great shape with no toilet paper or wash basin.
Iv also see posts about them sticking to a 60kph speed limit, this wasnt the case and had them doing 100kph quite often.
Overall it was okay and I would use them again, we got there safely and with a half decent sleep.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 28 June 2019

Bought tickets in advance for my trip from HCM to Phnom Penh and from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap.

For my HCM to PP travel, it took longer than expected. We left HCM at 10am, arrived at the border around 12, switched to an older bus after crossing the border. Arrived in PP around 5pm. Bus was ok, no wifi though, even though their tickets say so. The bus we switched to at the border seemed smaller and older, so aircon was a bit weak. But that was fine, I am used to that. What annoyed me was the guy who unloaded our bags in PP just placed our bags on wet soil (it rained when we arrived), so my bag was wet. But their staff onboard was very nice and spoke English well.

For my PP to SR bus, bus was good, but wifi was a bit weak (ended up not using it). Travel was around 5 hours, which was the estimated travel time. Staff are very professional, our guide was speaking in both Khmer and English. I kinda felt bad for him because some of the tourists in the bus kept interrupting his announcements.

If you are booking for the same route in the morning, take the aisle seats because the right side will be hot due to the sun being on that side of the bus.

2  Thank Ariel D