“So so good.”
Review of Il Forno

Il Forno
Ranked #52 of 1,652 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: USD 10 - USD 180
Description: The latest addition after Il Forno Siem Reap, Traditional Italian Restaurant outside Italy where we serve authentic Italian food like our grandmothers used to cook. Main dining area and 2 large private rooms, smoke free wine bar and outdoor terrace available.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We've been lucky to come here twice recently and been the only people in the restaurant. With only us, service was fast. :) Pizza was excellent. Pastas are outstanding. Bruschetta, bread, and dessert all delicious. A special mention - they have the smoothest espresso I've found in Phnom Penh..so I ordered two. There is a bar upstairs I haven't tried....next visit!! :)

Antony Hamon A, Responsable relations clients at Il Forno, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Hello! Thank you for your opinion! And with great pleasure we welcome you to the bar! :)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I have been there on March 27th 2018. It was rather good: I had a pizza (not very original I admit).
The settings is pretty nice : very modern and minimalist. Maybe I would have expected something more intimate from a pizza place but it was okay.
The service was very good and plenty of options to choose in the menu.
Recommended for business.

Hello Yannick! Thank you for your opinion! See you soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We ate at so many places and on our last day in Cambodia we went for the first time to Il Forno and there we got the best food during our holiday :
The grilled vegetables as a starter were good. Then my wife had the chicken scallopina (or so) with mushroom sauce and smashed potatoes. She was in heaven !!!
I had the ghnocci with 4 different cheese in one sauce - very special and very good. It was better than most similar meals I ate all over Italy.
The atmosphere is very good and very stylish and the staff well educated and very friendly. So the owner of the place is guest-friendly too and on site.
The price for starter, the chicken meal and ghnocci meal, 4 glasses of wine and an Amaretto and Limoncello 63 USD. Every Dollar was worth the food.
Now we are very sad that we found this place on our last evening in Cambodia.
Good luck to the restaurant and the team.

Antony Hamon A, Responsable relations clients at Il Forno, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi Frank! Il Forno team is delighted to read your opinion! Thank you and see you soon !

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Good food, but slow service, my husband asked for whiskey, but they never replied what they could offer.

Hi Anja! Thank you for your comment ! We are sorry that the service was slow and note your comment. See you soon !

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We came here as we struggled to find local cafes around Phnom Penh and just wanted to eat quickly. However, the vegetable lasagne was delicious! They had a large selection of wines but we were on a budget so had the local beer which was also nice. Very nice atmosphere although we felt slightly under dressed, but the staff are also lovely. I think my lasagne was $8.

Hi Terri! Thank you for your comment ! We are happy to read that you have enjoyed our typical Italian cuisine! See you soon!