The Pavilion
Hotels.com
USD 253
Hotels.com
2,761 results
All reviewsprivate poolan oasiscomplimentary massageroyal palacetuk tukmain poolfour poster bedbusy citymain buildingfront gatesunset cruisethe hustle and bustlethe heart of the cityloved this hotelpassion fruit juicesiem reapsister hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I spent 5 nights here in a private pool room. Highly recommend this hotel for Independent style travellers.
The room was spacious and thoughtful details in room for guest comfort. Small stocked mini bar (reasonably priced), free bottles of water, robes, thongs for use in pool areas. I made full use of my great private pool due to the extreme heat. It was amazing.
Air con was a spilt system (perfect!) and there was also a ceiling fan which is ideal.
The breakfast was fresh every morning, great coffee and I just 'loved' the baguette bread. Perfectly cooked eggs every time. I had lunch here one day and it was delicious and cooked perfect and so reasonably priced. But I must mention the team who work in the restaurant. They were efficient and friendly every day. Breakfast was always a charming experience and something to look forward to because they created a nice environment for guests.
I had a 90 minute massage here it was great.
The gardens are just lovely and at night so pretty. I was also treated to fireworks, visible from front of hotel, for the Kings birthday on 1st night.
Outside hotel door there are several tuk tuk drivers who can take you anywhere. I used a couple of these guys and they were friendly and trustworthy. Phnom Penh is full on and tuk tuk is the best way to get around.
Note: pack your best bug spray. I live in Australia so I'm use to lots of mosquitos/bugs in summer, I have stayed in rainforests, the African bush and Aussie outback but the mozzies here are full on! There was a net around the bed and a plug in to help in room but you will still use lots of spray.
My only feedback is bathroom needs an upgrade the layout is not great.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
pavilionpp, Owner at The Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear GipsyGirl,
Many thanks for this kind review and compliments for our team! The bathrooms are indeed being renovated. Cheers, Alexis

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

This beautiful and well located hotel was a haven of serenity in the chaos of Phnom Penh. It was so lovely to return from a day of sightseeing to a choice of fabulous pools and the large cocktail menu! The rooms were spacious and elegant with beautiful bathrooms and the service warm and efficient. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Pidgefam
pavilionpp, Owner at The Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Pidgefam, Thank you for contributing in making this place so special too! Cheers, Alexis

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights here and we loved the service. The staffs are professional and passionate. Very convenient location and almost walking distance to everywhere you want to see! If we ever come back this is the place to stay!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
pavilionpp, Owner at The Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Seattlewoos, Thank you so much! Very kind words for the team! We look forward to having you back. Cheers, Alexis

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed in room 7 for 3 nights over a long weekend. The hotel is wonderfully green, creating a peaceful oasis right in the middle of the city. The rooms are old but as it is an old building we didn’t mind, it all adds to the charm.
The breakfast was excellent, the pools were peaceful and the service was great.
I appreciate that the hotel is adults only, after the bustle of the city it really makes a difference to be able to return to a calm environment.
The only complaint of the weekend was that upon arrival there were a lot of mosquitos in the room, this is not necessarily the hotels fault as mosquitos are inevitable when travelling in this part of the world. The issue was dealt with swiftly and kindly. I phoned the front desk and mosquito spray was quickly delivered to the room which fixed the problem.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Victoria P

Dear Victoria, Thank you for the kind review! Indeed, there are mosquitoes in Phnom Penh. We do garden fogging twice a month, install mosquito nets on the beds, give repellent at the poolside bar and reception as well as have anti-mosquito plugs in the rooms. Hoping to having you back here! Cheers, Alexis

Reviewed 11 May 2018

We stayed for three nights and had we not already have planned our next stop, I would have been happy to stay forever! The hotel has a wonderful atmosphere and the furnishings in the rooms mirror the local style elegantly - we loved the four poster bed and the large bathroom. Gardens and pools are also exquisite and radiate calmness.
The breakfast is served by the pool / gardens and offers a wonderful start to the day (it's all you can eat but cooked individually on order rather than a buffet - so much better to reduce food wastage!). And staying on the environmental theme - the hotel only has paper straws! Both these points really impressed us and we hope other hotels follow their lead.
The staff is very young but very professional and friendly (all speaking very good English). Each member appeared to take a general interest in the guest and were also happy to give us local tips / advice and just generally chat as and when you run in to them.
As for location the hotel is right next to the palace and most sites are within walking distance. If you do require a tuk-tuk there are friendly drivers permanently outside. The front desk can also help you with taxi / excursion planning if required.

We took up the offer of the free boat tour and were glad we did - the tour leaves you for half an hour on a river station which is also a floating hotel of their sister company, but there was no heavy sales pitch and the bar was well stocked to watch the sun go down on the Mekong. The tour guides were very friendly and were happy to answer all kinds of questions about Phnom Penh and Cambodia generally. It was a great evening and I was happy that the hotel organised this, so I didn't have to think about this for my to do list.

The only surprise (but not necessarily negative) was that there were families in the hotel, when we thought it was an adult only hotel. The hotel may wish to be clearer on this point to avoid problems in the future :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
pavilionpp, Owner at The Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Hello, Thank you so much for this comprehensive and positive review! Indeed, we only accept guests over 16 years old, but families with older children are certainly accepted. Cheers, Alexis