All reviews the river local market central market five star hotel stayed for nights hot water clean rooms air conditioning night market wifi riverside cambodia street palace mekong
Reviewed 28 January 2012

just have been in the place, the owner has changed, made up the rooms nicely, excellent nice and safe location, nice cuisine and they accept credit cards (3% charge) all in all recomendable hotel with rates from US$ 10 to US 25

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank ciencielos
Reviewed 22 January 2012

After hurriedly scanning through the reviews on Trip Advisor and seeing that they were mixed, I took a chance with this one and booked a twin fan room. After all, my friend and I just needed a place to crash between our bus journey from HCMC to Siem Reap. Big mistake. We were told that the only room available was on the fifth floor. Not a problem, until we realized the hotel didn't have a lift! Not that we're unfit--climbing those steps with our luggage just wasn't the most pleasant welcome at 10:30pm AND after a six-hour bus trip. As expected, the room was basic and I thought the sheets looked clean enough--until my companion spotted a strand of pubic hair on the pillow! I pulled out the top sheet and saw a massive yellowish stain on the bed linen. The bathroom mirror had a layer of dust so thick you could literally scrawl "I was here" on it with your finger. A dead spider welcomed us in the sink, whose drain was so clogged that after brushing our teeth we couldn't even wash our hands as it was overflowing with water! I don't know what the other rooms in this hotel are like but if you have other options, I'd stay away from this one.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jose Maria L
victor R, Directeur général at Angkor International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Customer,

We thank you for your comment.
After checking a key error gave you a room that was not for rent.
We ask you to forgive us and if you return to Phnom Penh we will charge a room available for the equivalent of $ 10.
cordially

Victor Remigi
Director

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Perfect hotel in the center of Phnom Penh. Friendly, generous and smiling staff. Good owner. He is taking care of the place and clients. Cheap rooms but really confortable. I usally prefer guesthouses and small places but really enjoyed this hotel! Close to : markets, fresh fruits, food, atm, river, pubs, restaurants, cafés, money changer...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank veronicolas
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Climbed, 3 floors to get to our rooms - NO LIFTS! Be mindful of your steps, the stairs are relatively spaced going to the 1st floor and becomes narrower to the higher floors.
Anyway, the hotel is centrally located (near market area) has big, comfy and tidy rooms, working A/C, hot showers, cable TV, wifi, clean sheets/beddings, friendly staff.. Alot of food stalls even phamacy nearby.
Tuk tuk abounds near the lobby and for 30 USD, Sony (068688069/Sony_150@yahoo.com), english speaking driver com guide brought my family of 6 to Killing fields, S21, Royal Palace, market and KFC!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tooray
Reviewed 4 January 2012

For our second stay at this hotel a new bistro and restaurant and renovated lobby.
This is vhy we recommend the Angkor International Hotel to anyone that goes for any tourists that goes to Phnom Penh> The reception staff is very friendly and elegant the room are large, clean, and well equipped. The cleaning service is good and smiling. The new restaurant is mervellous, outstanding, and cheap, and also animated by the french Chef Pascal>
The bar is open until late in the night. The atmosphere is warm and you are greeted as friends.
The owner is french and is alwaysat your disposal.
The room rates have not changed $20
Very good value for money

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends