Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Educational yet fun-filled tour in Nature

From the moment of pickup to the end of the tour, they made us feel most welcomed with amazing... read more

Reviewed 20 August 2021
178sachik
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Simply put: The best day I’ve had in over a year!

Hands down the best way to spend a day in Cambodia. Wildlife, nature, it doesn’t get much better! I... read more

Reviewed 26 July 2021
Q151DLdavids

Recommended experiences in and around Phnom Penh
from USD 15.39
from USD 23.00
from USD 49.00
from USD 15.39
More Info
All reviews behind the scenes sun bears feed the animals baby monkeys prosthetic leg large enclosures money goes buy bananas tuk tuk amazing animals an amazing experience animal sanctuary day tour zoo gibbons otters tiger
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

What an amazing experience we had at the feed the bears wildlife sanctuary. The day was full and action packed and I’m telling you all that you won’t be disappointed. The experience was so much better than a general admission pass on lots of levels. The reserve is over a massive area and our guide got us behind the scenes in most of the areas. Such a good cause and fantastic guides, so knowledgeable and so passionate.
A great day out and must do if your in the area.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We really enjoyed our day with the wildlife alliance behind the scenes tour! You meet a verity of ambassador animals which sadly cannot be release back into the wild and get a great idea of the brilliant work the wildlife alliance does here in Cambodia. Its a bit pricey but its 100% worth it and it goes towards a great cause. Our guides Kate and Vuth were absolutely brilliant! The lunch was great and no issues that I was vegetarian which was great. This tour is a great way to get up close and personal with wildlife responsibly. Highly Recommend.

Date of experience: August 2017
WildlifeRescueTours, Wildlife Alliance Guide at Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Hi Jessica! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center! You are absolutely correct in that every penny of the profit of this tour goes directly back to care for the animals that you were able to meet. I must admit that lunch is a favorite part of my day! It is never a problem to cater to most any dietary request with some advance notice. I will pass along your kind words to Kate and Vuth. Thank you so much for your positive review!
Safe travels!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

THE. BEST. DAY. EVER!!
this is worth every cent.
Plus 100% goes back to the animals. So much inside knowledge and hands on with some of the rescued animals. I fell in love with them all.
The people who work here, internationals and locals have a huge passion and knowledge for the animals. Please do yourself a favour and go and grab something from their gift shop.. It'll be your best day out ever too!

Date of experience: October 2017
WildlifeRescueTours, Guide at Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you so much for your support and your kind review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your day at the park. All of us here truly do have a passion for our work, and it is lovely to hear that you were able to appreciate the dedication of the staff. Your tour dollar donation goes directly to the animals in our care, and we just can't thank you enough. We couldn't do it without you! Safe onward travels!!

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Overall it is worth a visit as its a worthy cause with some wonderful animals and stories. However on arrival we were the only visitors parking at that time and we were accosted by about 5 groups of people pushing food for the animals into our tuktuk before we had even stopped. There were unofficial guides and people literally forcing food into our hands. We had to look hard for an official guide pushing through the crowds of people and monkeys who continued to follow us. Our guide was wonderful in the end who had been working at the rescue centre for many years. A few sellers continued to walk with us for around half an hour while we looked at the animals trying to sell us potatoes. We found it very intrusive.
After the sellers left us at the outer circle we were able to relax and enjoy the amazing animals. Our guide told us how some of the animals had been rescued. We were very pleased to contribute to the cause.
If we had known quite how harassed we would have booked an official tour. I appreciate that buying the food helps the local community but it was the most harassed we have been in SE Asia.

1  Thank Kate J
WildlifeRescueTours, Wildlife Alliance Guide at Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for your review and your support.
I am sorry to hear that you were followed by people selling food for the animals. Usually a polite but firm 'no' is enough to discourage them. I am sorry to hear that this was not your experience.
I am glad to hear that you were able to find a guide, and were ultimately happy with him and his knowledge of the park. As you saw first hand the park is very large, and there are not currently many signs that help you to understand the stories of the animals you see.
I hope that by the end of your visit you were able to learn about the animals and their care, and the work that goes into the park. Thank you so much for your support.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Met be three tour guys all amazing, sebade was great good fun and spoke lovely English.
We got up close with one elephant called lucky and also met luckys keeper. She was happy well looked after and fantastic to meet.
We then went on to meet three other elephants who again where looked after amazingly.
These elephants use food based rewards, no trekking and also treated amazingly.
We then went on to meet rescued tigers and monkeys but for me the highlight was seeing the otters. We then stopped for a traditional Cambodian lunch, which for me has been the best meal so far during my travels.
After that we went to the nursery to see the baby animals, right little characters and full of happiness.

Thank you for giving me such a amazing day you guys :)

Date of experience: September 2017
WildlifeRescueTours, Guide at Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience at Phnom Tamao! The elephants do love their treats and the monkeys are always so much fun! The otters are so comical to watch, always full of energy and running around! Thank you for supporting the work that we do for the animals!