See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 January 2012

A room with a balcony is great. Noise didn't bother me either. Hot water just a bit slow so try not to be in a rush for the airport. Definitely clean and safe.

Room Tip: Take a front facing balcony room. A room without a window would be sad any place, but it's clean.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I've traveled here four times in the past year and other than relying on an Irish name, it's in name only. I'm Irish decent and take pride in the nature of an Irish welcome in bars around the world. Yes, they have wifi, clean, food is okay, but hospitality and the 'Irish' feel is not there other than having a European style bar. I've been treated and experienced less than I would expect. Irish places are less a business and more family is my expectation.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Holamobile
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I paid USD54 for the deluxe room with balcony. Very poor value. Curtains would not close and had not being fixed properly to the rail.The room was not very clean and there was a slight smell in the bathroom. For this price the room furniture was poor - comfortable chair and an old broken wardrobe.On the upside the location is great and the staff are friendly .The small balcony is a plus. The wifi is good I'm sad to give it a poor review but with a little effort on the hotel's part this could have been a very positive experience. Would I stay there again ? No for few dollars ( I mean 5) I could stay at a really good hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank annaegge
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Very comfortable experience here and right smack dab on the river. Lovely staff and very attentive management. Wi-fi and flat screen tv in every room just terrific! In Phnom Penh, for me it's the best place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

If you want a clean and decently equipped room in Phnom Penh, particularly near the river, Paddy Rice works. It's not a luxurious spa-retreat but it's not bottom-of-the barrel, either.

I often do dirt bike riding in Cambodia and between trips I want to have a decent room in Phnom Penh. Paddy Rice will be my go-to place from now on. I got the top floor "deluxe" or whatever, the one with windows on two sides. Nice room and the price is fair enough, especially since it includes breakfast.

The music downstairs is outstanding, and stops at midnight so you can still get a good night's sleep.

Location is great if you want to visit local nightlife, as well.

Room Tip: Get one of the corner rooms, either 105 or 205
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo