“Blue Tongue Hotel - No blues while staying here!”
Review of Blue Tongue Hotel

Blue Tongue Hotel
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here with my partner while on a holiday to visit a friend working in Cambodia. The cab driver initially had difficulty finding the hotel as the entrance was nondescript and very subtle. However upon locating the hotel, man were we impressed. The lobby was spacious, modern-chic and very inviting. Immediately the hustle of tuk tuks outside the hotel simply melted away and we were transported into a Balinese themed paradise.

Check-in was smooth and fast.

Room was well-done up and very spacious. Bed was big and comfortable. The air-con was really good as well. I really loved how the room was designed with the very big wardrobe to tuck away all our bags and clothes out of sight.

The shower room was of the "wet-style" where there are no shower curtains and the shower room is meant to be wet when you shower. The rain-shower head was ENORMOUS! And hot-water wasn't a problem.

The Hotel is quiet, peaceful and pleasant. My partner and I really enjoyed our stay at Blue Tongue. To my good friend's chagrin, the rooms had no individual telephones, so he had to call the reception desk and i had to come down to pick up the call.

Breakfast was EXCELLENT. The Mushroom Baguette was a real Thumbs up. Pity we didn't get to eat the breakfast for the remaining days we were there as we were often too tired or hung-over to wake up :)

Staffs were friendly and helpful too!

A real good value for money hotel!

Oh and it is within 5 minutes walking distance from the best club in Phnom Penh, which was St. Tropez (To the delight of my partner and friend) and midnight hunger pangs (Also to the delight of my partner and I) are no biggie as there are smatterings of 24 hour convenience stores around the area.

Check out was smooth, fuss-free and the hotel employs a tuk-tuk. He charges a little higher than the rest, but a little bargaining won't hurt :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlanXavier
There are newer reviews for Blue Tongue Hotel

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We spent 3 nights in this excellent Hotel. Well situated, you can do everything walking. Really clean, bathroom, sheets, everything is spotless. the service is excellent the personnel really kind and helpful. Very good breakfast included and they help you with all your reservations at really reasonable prices. I would definetely come back to this hotel and I really recomend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This hotel was excellent value for money. I stayed here for 2 nights with 2 friends, and we paid $45 for a triple room with three beds. The rooms was large and clean, the beds were extremely comfortable and the bathroom was decent. Breakfast was included and was very decent, while there is an on-site cafe which serves pretty good food. Staff were helpful and responsive. There is wifi throughout the hotel.

The hotel is located just off a busy street and is within walking distance to various eateries. You can also walk to the National Museum, the Royal Palace and the Central Market; however these are about 15-20 minutes away and might be worth the cheap tuk-tuk ride instead. There are some pick-up joints near the hotel, but it's really not a biggie. If you're not looking for that kind of fun, you won't feel threatened or pressured.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Was slightly wary of booking this place based on how bad the bad reviews on tripadvisor were, but as a slightly precautious single female arriving in a town famed for sex tourists, I felt I wanted to be somewhere a bit 'nicer' than the backpacker ghetto by the lake but without having to pay a massive markup. Was pleasantly surprised to arrive by tuk tuk from the bus station and see how clean and modern it was. Bedroom was lovely too and after having read reviews here, I was given a room by the lift and a couple of floors up as requested. Great shower. Fridge in room, staff were friendly, didnt encounter any coldness as described by some other reviewers. Breakfast fine, in fact I was grateful for the options as I am omelette-and-toast-ed out at the moment! The only downside would be that on my final day I woke up to find my arm covered in blotches and then later on I found a few more bites here and there. Put a bit of a downer on an otherwise pleasant stay but though I never found any evidence of where the critters came from, guests should probably be aware. I dont really want to mark down the hotel for my bad luck :(

Room Tip: As per other reviewers, get a room as close to the lift and as high up as you can - there's a li...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank PixieDoux
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We stay 3 nights at the hotel after reading its review. It's central in phnom penh and in a walking distance to some restaurants in the area. The hotel was very clean, beds are quite comfortable. The hotel is very near the Royal Palace and Silver Pogoda area so you can take a walk to the places. We enjoyed our stay and want to send our thanks to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business