“Maybe my last visit!”
Review of Kambuja Inn

Kambuja Inn
Ranked #81 of 335 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I have been to this hotel for years. At the beginning the experience was great but sadly things have deteriorated: the room smelled, some lights not working, no breakfast ( got a discount) and often there was nobody at reception.
Don't get me wrong. I was there during the off-season and was the only customer. Things may well improve. The owner told me that there is simply too much competition and I believe him

Room Tip: up-stairs maybe bets
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 March 2016

We had good experiences in March 2016. Good choise for that price. Good location in a peaceful street close to the attractions. Comfortable rooms and bathrooms but substandard cleanliness. Proper service.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

Based on reviews we had read before coming to Cambodia, we expected much more from this inn. In our room we found one towel for two people, half a cracked piece of bath soap in the shower, and one teacup to be shared between two. The first night after about 6 PM the establishment was deserted and we could not find any staff person. The second night we came in at 11 pm and found we were locked out and had to shout for quite a while before we could wake somebody up to let us into the Lobby. We were offered very little assistance in finding our way around in this foreign city. Perhaps if we had been to Phnom Penh before we would have a different feeling, but we were new to all of this and really hoped to get some help. We actually went to another hotel where we got a lot of help in finding someone to drive us around the city and we were very happy with their information.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

The building has character, and the owner and staff are friendly. Large family room that fits 3 or more is a plus. Unfortunately the place is dusty and needs a good clean. Seeing bats in the corridor/courtyard didn't help.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2015

I have been to this hotel many times over the years. I have been happy and kept returning.
This time - low season - I must have been the only guest. Never saw anybody at breakfast or reception. The hotel was most of the time under-staffed. At times nobody was at reception to give me the key and I had to call out and look for ANYBODY!
The room was OK with some minor issues.
It is a quiet location but the room I had was dark and the AC never worked to my needs. The gaps under the door( pencil size) means that you have to have the AC on all the time - which I hate.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business