“Budget hotel”
Review of Hotel Indochine

Hotel Indochine
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Hotel Indochine
Ranked #189 of 270 Hotels in Phnom Penh
africa
“Budget hotel”
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We stay at Indochine hotel for five nights. The room rates was reasonable and clean. Room facilities was good and basic. Would recommend to budget traveller and come back next time.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
singapore
Reviewed 16 December 2010

The Indochine Hotel is located along the riverfront and a short distance away from the newer and pricier Indochine 2.

I stayed at the Indochine Hotel on my last night in Phnom Penh after leaving my friends who were continuing their journey to another destination. As I would be leaving for the airport early the following morning, the USD10 for a single room seemed a good deal. Most hotels along the riverfront charge around USD17 for a single room / double bed. The Indochine 2 charges USD18 for single rooms.

The Indochine Hotel is a 2-storey property located along a row of shops and hotels. The narrow reception area appeared cluttered on first glance, with snacks and beverages for sale, a single computer terminal for guests (no WIFI provided) and the front desk. The receptioninst was friendly and brought me to view the room before I decided to stay here for the night. Bus and boat tickets and tours can be arranged here too.

Rooms are on the second floor. I was allocated room 203, which is a windowless room. I would say the size of the room was rather decent. Although the room is classified as a single room, there was a Queen-sized bed inside. The bed was rather 'lumpy' and not a spring bed. The single pillow was ok. Amenities include a wardrobe (which I suspect was a refurbished second-hand piece of furniture), airconditioning, a small tv with cable channels and an attached bathroom with hot shower. Generally, the room and bathroom were clean. I also arranged for a wake-up call the following morning at 6.30am. As there are no phones in the room, a staff politely knocked on my door the next morning.

The only downside to the room were cracks at the edges of the door. I could peer through the crack and see the hallway. However, this seemed to be an issue only with my room. Otherwise, I was not expecting much given the cost of the room.

In sum, the hotel is fine for non-fussy travellers on a budget. However,for a few dollars more, do consider staying at the Indochine 2 which has a better ambience and includes a daily breakfast set.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Small rooms (ensuite) but for $10 you can't complain. Situated on the river with lots of bars nearby. Go for a walk up and down and you'll find an agent booking tours wherever you want to go - Killing Fields, etc

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KryshMartin
dublin
Reviewed 26 July 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights. Nice friendly staff. Windowless small room was clean but there was a horrid smell off the bed. The room was attended to every day. Good tv with all the channels. Noisey at night due to other travellers . The walls are like paper but nothing that ear plugs wouldn't sort out. Secure and safe with excellent location on the waterfront. No wifi in rooms but comptuer in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cat2008Dublin
Hong Kong
Reviewed 24 February 2010

My partner and I picked this room only because it was in Lonely Planet. We stayed in an A/C room with the riverview for one night only - we couldn't stand the smell of the room, plus the noise of renovation that started at 7am!

My partner stayed at this hotel 10 yrs ago and he told me they haven't changed anything. So for the same price, better go to Indochine 2, which is cleaner, and good location too. We stayed at Indochine 2 for one night as well. Staff was polite, we could have our own safe, and 2 computers for guests' use. We felt comfortable there.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple