“Not a place for the timid”
Review of Le Cyclo

Le Cyclo
Ranked #129 of 276 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 28 October 2017

I treated the staff very well, good tips, fed them and offered cold drinks. Several sketchy types walking around my room at night, when I asked the front desk who these people were, they replied security personal. I was travelling alone and If I did not stand up to these "people" around my room at night, I believe I would have been robbed. Instead I would grab a apple and go out side and eat it with a huge knife, when the strangers walking around my room seen this, they dis appeared. Several things stolen from my room, but at this point, I left the hotel. A police report is a waste of time in Cambodia. I did not take a vacation to guard my room and stare down criminals to be left alone. I'm a big guy in good shape, if you are not, I would stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Christopher J

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Good clean room ,all the things you need, air con and fans, king size bed and single bed,mini fridge ,cabletv,wi fi,nice bathroom etc. All within walking distance to the Mekong river and attractions in downtown Phnom Penh. Stayed for a few nights before travelling onwards for $25 US a night. Stayed a bit longer on my 2nd visit and negotiated the price to $20 a night . Cyclo closes fairly early at night time so if you are out late at night youll have to knock loudly on the front door to wake up " security" to let you in and out .

Room Tip: 1st floor room on corner with spacious curved balcony was great.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2017

This was the first place we stayed at in Phnom Penh. It is a quaint hotel. The rooms were decently sized and the rooms and bathrooms were well looked after. There was no water in the jacuzzi which was a disappointment, but hopefully it is not permanently like this.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Nice room in good area. Good point to visit the town , all can be done on foot . Rooms are great, nice food at the bar/restaurant. Many french speaking customers . quit at night so you have a good sleep :-)

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Hotel is dated, damp, depressing and damaged. DON'T DO IT. DON'T GO.

The bathroom door was off its hinges.
The room smelled damp and musty
The walls had visible damp on them.
The aircon was barely working and after about an hour it started dripping on my head when lying in bed.
The entrance through the unused "restaurant" was a bit off putting.
no lifts
The TV came direct from 1987 (remote control didn't work.)
The WiFi dropped off all the time.
At night we had to open the window to keep the musty/damp smell under control but then we got the dance music from the guesthouse next door.
There was noise and banging from the rooms around us.
The staff seemed a bit grumpy too.

It was our last night in Cambodia and we had paid upfront so we saw little point in asking to get our money back.

(bad phone pics) - The toilet door in the pic has had the hinge moved down but in such a way that the door can't close. There was dirt on the toothbrush/soap shelf and stains on the bedding too.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2.1 km away
Mekong View Tower
Mekong View Tower
#225 of 276 in Phnom Penh

Been to Le Cyclo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Le Cyclo

Address: No 50 Eo , street 172 corner street 23, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Region: Cambodia > Phnom Penh
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Airport Transportation
Ranked #129 of 276 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Price Range: $23 - $29 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Le Cyclo 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Cyclo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Le Cyclo Hotel Phnom Penh