See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2012

we only stayed here for a night and we had balcony in our room. bed is not soft.we were on the top floor. there's no elevator and the stairs on the top most floor is scary because it seems that ladder wood will gonna break.. the food is ok .. location is very good since it is very near to the palace , national museum etc. very french.. staffs are not that good in english ..

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed in Cyclo two days in April 2012 and have no complaints. The original room I was taken too was small, non-descript and had no balcony like the pictures. The owner readily upgraded me to a suite with balcony overlooking the side street which was great. I only had coffee at the bar due to the variety of other choices nearby but overall Cyclo is one or two steps above most of the other hotels in the area for not much more money ($25 per night through Agoda). It seems that the majority of guests during my stay were from France which is not surprising since the owner is French. It may be a bit old and rough around the edges but it also has character and it's not to difficult to imagine that this is Phnom Phen 2002 instead of 2012. In a good way.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony. If you book a suite understand that the upstairs room would be best reserved for kids, the ceiling is only about 6'.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The guesthouse is good located, in the backpacker street, very closed to the National Museum and the Royal Palace. Rooms are spacious and with big windows. The staff is friendly even if some of them could be more smiling. The room where I stayed was clean but the walls should had some traces of moisture.
The breakfast for $5 is good and hearty.
I think I'll come back there again for my next stay in Phnom Penh!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This was the perfect hotel to spend a week in. Rooms were really clean and spacious. We were on the top floor, so great views overlooking the city, especially since the hotel is on a corner and next to an active Wat. Balcony's and the roof terrace with jacuzzi were nice places to hang and catch up with your day or do some writing, whatever. Staff were helpful and the hotel is so accessible to many attractions and the river, without being right in the middle of the more cramped tourist hotels down the street in the heart of the old quarter. Yes the restaurant prices are a bit more expensive than other places but that is ok as who wants to eat at the same place everynight? Too many other delicious treats waiting. Breakfast however was really fine if you want a coffee and a really excellent and fresh croissant to get you going. Some people complain about stairs up to the top rooms but really, unless you are unfit or another good reason, who cares, the space and view is worth it, street watching is really interesting from above.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and loved it. Easy access to roof terrace.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I've stayed at Cyclo a few times now, and in a number of different rooms, $20. will get you a tiny room in the back, but it's good for one, especially if you've got stuff to do. Great cappuccinos. Lovely staff, very nice, casual, laid back. Good atmosphere. A month or so before that, I stayed there with my husband, room 7 was great -- I like the balcony and the proximity to the street. I've stayed in many other places in PP, this is by far the nicest, most convenient.

Room Tip: The ones on the curve are great! #7 is beautiful, nice bath, too.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business