“Great food, good value. ”
Review of The Shop 240

The Shop 240
Ranked #59 of 1,648 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: USD 3 - USD 8
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The Shop 240 is located on tree-lined Street 240 near the Royal Palace, it was our first outlet when we started in 2001 and it remains hugely popular. This colonial-era house has a peaceful patio out front, a wood-floored dining area inside, and a leafy eating area out back. Ceiling fans keep things cool, and a fresh supply of free newspapers in this oasis keeps our customers up to date with world events as they enjoy our Mediterranean-inspired menu. We have other The Shop locations on Street 102 and Street 337 in Toul Kork as well as The Chocolate Shop locations on Street 240 and Street 63.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After reading a few reviews I tuktuked down to this little spot with full intentions of the David Beckham (English style) breakfast. Great result, $13 includes the usual bacon, eggs, sausage, baked beans (unfortunately served cold - sent back and returned hot 60secs later) and tomato. The extra’s it comes with are the bonus - great espresso coffee with milk on the side, fresh orange juice, toasted crumpet (fantastic), 2 rounds of toast with butter, marmalade and a chocolate spread and finally a bowl of fruit with fresh yogurt. All in all $13 may seem expensive in Cambodia but this is probably the best value breakfast I’ve had for a long time. Really enjoyed in a nice, clean environment and attentive smiling staff.
Lots of other things on offer too, I will be back.

TheShopManagement, Guest Relations Manager at The Shop 240, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thanks for your review Kev, the team at The Shop 240 really appreciate it!! Look forward to seeing you again......

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Felt a bit weak and tired from the Cambodian heath, but the antioxidant juice from the shop was the perfect juice to feel fit and healty again! For lunch I had the goats cheese and grilled vegetables on olive bread. Everything tasted very good and fresh! Lovely to find some nice goats cheese in Phnom Penh. Staff was very friendly.

I'll defenitly come back soon!

Hi Griet, thanks for visiting The Shop 240. We do pride ourselves on providing the freshest of vegetables and fruits, and of course freshly baked breads everyday. Our goats cheese is imported and makes for a fantastic match with the roast vegetables on olive ciabatta. Look forward to welcoming you back again soon and don't forget about our CHOCOLATE SHOP next door!!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We went there a few years ago and had very nice meal, that's why we went there straight away after we returned, only sad to find out it's no long the same quality. The burger I had was tasteless and the bacon was so hard I couldn't even swallow, Salad is not fresh, and my husband's quiche was not fresh, inside was half cold. Even the staff is friendly and place looks nice, but food is totally different story. Won't recommend it.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

WOW, I can't beleive it's been nearly 2 years since my last visit for a meal here. Again, it was for breakfast. I had fried egg on crumpet with pepper ham; a bit small for the price, but very tasty. My wife had perfectly poached eggs with good thick toasted bread. My smoothie was outstanding; I know there were 4 fruits in it, but apart from banana I can't remember what.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

This is truly a terrific place for brunch/lunch. Even on an odd day, the place is packed and we had to wait for some time to get a table but it was all worth it.

Super fresh orange juice for one, delicious soup of the day (pumpkin) for another, while i settled for lemon soda. The Greek salad was fresh and crisp, the roast beef with tartar sauce & chicken/avacado sandwiches excellent.

After thoroughly enjoying the meal we tried their variety of chocolates and a pastry from the display. Although all were very good (i admit i have a sweet tooth, so some may find my exultations a bit exxagerated) but their Black Pepper Chocolate was outstanding! We were so overwhelmed with the subtle taste of pepper that we packed 6 boxes as gifts for freinds & family back home. As i write this a couple of months after our visit, i can take the liberty of adding that everyone loved the chocolates!

Definitely recommend a visit.

TheShopManagement, Manager at The Shop 240, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dearest,
We are very happy everybody in your group had a pleasant and satisfying experience at The Shop 240.
All your comments have been shared with the staff.
It is very rewarding when our customers feel our passion for our products.

Do come again ! :),