“Excellent hotel”
Review of Hilton Baku

Hilton Baku
Ranked #5 of 116 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Great new hotel on the real Hilton level.
Impressive interior design and high quality room furnishings.
Friendly and helpful staff (even helped to solve the issue with the taxi driver willing to rip me off).

The only negative points:
- dirty windows ruin the excellent city views (I know Baku is dusty, but still even the windows in the TOP 360 bar were hard to look through)
- high cost of breakfast and internet access (yes, it's Hilton and those are Hilton prices)
- always the need to relogin to use the Wi-Fi
- waiters in the breakfast room always busy with themselves and not the guests - on the other hand guys cooking food always ready to help

Otherwise - just great experience becasue of teh cleanliness, location, views, comfort and overall atmosphere.
We also got a pretty good pricing (better than nearby hotels and better than other Hiltons in the region).
Will certainly return!

BTW - Baku is beautiful!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Manuel Avila A, General Manager at Hilton Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Dear Customer (Miramarks), thank you for having stayed at the Hilton Baku in December, and for providing your feedback. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the late response. I have read the comments countless times, and for some reason I did not reply to this one. We will be more than happy to welcome you back, at which time we can personally talk about WiFi access and other issues. Please do let me know once you have confirmed your booking. Kind regards.

Reviewed 10 December 2011

I attended business conference at Hilton hotel in Baku and was very impressed with high level and quality of services, professional personnel.
The arrangement of the business conference was also very good.
The food and the service in the restaurant are testy and quality with very polite, attentive and helpful restaurant personnel

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank SNR79
Manuel Avila A, Manager at Hilton Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2011

Dear guest, thank you for having stayed at the Hilton Baku, and for having posted your comments. I am happy to see that your very satisfiued with our faculities and services, and I can assure you that we will continue to invest on staff training to mainteain and improve all areas of service in the hotel. Meanwhile, we will be looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel, or to any of our Hilton family of hotels & resorts worldwide. Sincerely. Manuel.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

Hilton is another latest addition to 5 star hotels in Baku. However since it's newly opened, there were still many areas needing improvement. One major problem was insufficient heading which left rooms at 16-17 degrees in the evening, uncomfortable for most guests. There were also some other rough edges such as the elevator bank, which was laid out and operated rather illogically and made guests wondering, and the checking out processes were long and frustrating. Although it's a 5 star hotel, it decides to follow 3-4 star European hotel practices, thus doesn't provide pajama, slippers, and some toilettrys.

3  Thank YQTA
Manuel Avila A, Manager at Hilton Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Thank you for having stayed with us at the Hilton Baku, and especially for proving your feedback. Mine is late as I could no access the reviews before due to some technical difficulties. I have to agree that we have gone through a teething period that prevented us from delivering the high standards of service that have made Hilton the number one hotel brand worldwide. We are doubling up our efforts to ensure that we do so with immediacy.
We can discuss further via my business e-mail.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I arrived to stay in this new three week old property in Mid November , a very imposing and impressive hotel built overlooking the Caspian Sea and across the road from a modern shopping centre.
The problems started from when I entered the Hotel - they tried to charge a rate that was more than double that of my agreed rate - I was lucky I had printed off the agreement from Hilton , however in spite of this they reluctantly agreed that perhaps I was right.
The Lifts are the type you have to pre programme and they did not work all the time ! - I guess a little bedding down was required with the system , while the room was very nice - modern and had a shower and bath which had loads of space - no one made up the room the following day ! , the A/C made an awful noise , the windows moved in the wind - ( 16th Floor ) and the TV went on and off - when it wanted too - I mentioned all these points to reception - but no one was really interested ! - Two days was enough - I hope they sort out the problems - but they will have to show a little more interest when it comes to the guests - other wise they will just move with their feet - after all - lots of new hotels , but because of the visa restrictions - not lots of new guests !! - would nt rush back !

Room Tip: Stay away from the high floors - lots of wind noise !
6  Thank TOPCAT010

Thank you for your stay at the Hilton Baku, and for your review. As explained in other replies, some technical issues prevented me from accessing these reviews, thus the delay in replying.
We have taken good note of your comments, and I can assure you that we will dwell into each of them, in an effort to put things right, and deliver our promise to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality. That, together with product improvement, will surely result in more pleasant stays for our guests.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I hope the management reads this:

Just checked into the hotel this evening. Very spacious, very comfortable room, but room service was slow and the Caesar's salad was skimpy, especially considering that it cost $24 -- yep that's right!! I work in tourism and have traveled to 100 countries and have NEVER paid that much for a salad, let alone one that is not even a decent salad. I had chicken added, which probably wasn't a good idea because it had the consistency of beef jerky.

Since I've been traveling for a week, I need to get some dry cleaning done, some shirts cleaned. Well, I'll get a couple of shirts done and try to find a dry cleaner in the city because the hotel is charging $13 a shirt for laundry and $43 to dry clean a suit -- yep, $43 for a suit!!
Whoa...Message to the management: Ok, maybe it's the exchange rate with the US$ or maybe you figure that most of your customers will be in the oil business so you can get away with ripping them off, but come on. This is NOT what I expected from a Hilton. I am ok with paying a premium for Hilton because I know the quality will be assured, but with these prices, quite honestly I feel like you are sticking it to me as a customer. I expected fair and reasonable pricing in line with the services provided.

I gave the property a three star rating, but really the "property" is five star. The other factors pull the rating down!

2  Thank globetrotter1028

Thank you for patronizing our Hilton Baku, and for your feedback.
Whilst I can assure you taht our pricing policy is in lne with similar hotels in town, I am ready to take the discussion further directly with you. By no means do we want to price ourselves out of the market, thus your comments have been taken on board.
Looking forward to your reply.