All reviews polite and helpful staff small gym business trip swimming pool receptionist mattress azerbaijan
Reviewed 25 March 2015

A nice and clean hotel in Baku. Very big rooms with good bed. Little to far from the city center if you ask me. And traffic are quite busy from this location. But nothing wrong with the hotel. friendly and helpful staff. I read from other reviews that they had other experience, but I must say the only issue I had was location.

Room Tip: Ok for sleep. To far from city center
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ThoMill
Anar H, General Manager at Anatolia Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2015

Dear Valuable guest!

Thank you very much for your kind review about the hotel. We are pleased to make the stay more comfortable and "Home Away From Home" sense.
Please feel free to contact us any time convenient for you for making the reservation, we will be glad to be in your service.

Anar Huseynov

Reviewed 26 January 2015

We got there and stood in line for 45 minutes while they slowly checked people in. Most people seemed to be so happy to find a bed that they would have settled for anything at midnight.

After we checked in we went to the room. This was probably a chain restaurant once-upon-a-time but I'm sure it was de-listed a long time ago. Everything painted bright white, but Dirty. Poorly maintained. The locks didn't appear to work so we decided to keep our luggage with us while we got something to eat.

When we came back, someone else was in the bed !

They claimed that since we didn't leave our things in the room that we had "checked out" and they were free to rent to the room to someone else. WHAT A JOKE !

They didn't want to refund our money until I stepped outside and flagged down a police car.

We went back to the Airport and slept on the floor. A far more satisfying accomodation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank 969Anders
Reviewed 24 January 2015

I stayed two nights in this hotel, something I'll never do again. The staff was not nice at all or serviceminded. The room was ok, but was not ready at incheck. I found used towels and soap in the bathroom, they did not bring me something new.

• Stayed: November 2014
4  Thank EuroboyOnTour
Anar H, Manager at Anatolia Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

Dear Guest of the hotel!

We understand you concern regarding the locking of the team in the hotel and would like to assure you that none has been locked in the room. The Anatolia hotel start to work from 2009 with sportsmen like basketball, tennis, wrestling, football , volleyball and has a great experience here. No problems arised before...
The volleyball team ( if you are from the team) refused to pay the expenditures refering on the travel agency payment which did not have meal package. The team has made double reservation in the hotel and due to the Worlwide hotel standrds, the each reservation has been canceled 24 hours before the day of arrival. They had made one direct reservation ( giving only volleyball team name) and the second reservation was made through the travel agency (giving only names without mention the volleyball team in the letter) which seems like a cheat.
Upon arrival the hotel employee has seen the matching of names and asked the team manager to choose one of the reservation. The option was full board package (breakfast, lunch and dinner). The manager has been informed to cancel the reservation through travel agency but as we have mentioned he ignored the message. The team manager wanted to pay the hotel charges with combining money which has been paid to travel agency. I assure you that this is impossible in every hotel in the world, because of rate difference. The hotel wanted money for the rate option which has been choosen themselves upon arrival. Unfortunately we are not able to show here how assistant manager beat sales manager (woman) and tehr disgusting behavior in the hotel. Moreover the team manager has been offered to call embassy representative, but he refused to do it. In case if the hotel is not right in this decision, each foreign guest of the country has chance to call police and embassy. If they were right, why they did not call them! Still this is the question. But thank you for your review.

Reviewed 24 January 2015

I had expected more from this hotel. Despite the great ranking it didn't come close to being worth the money. Disapointing and I would have chosen many other hotels nearby before visiting this hotel again. This hotel charges you double of everything and can't be trusted at all. Save yourself both the disapointment and money, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2014

Buoyed up by the good review here in tripadvisor, I’d hoped for a lovely quaint hotel with genuine customer service and authentic atmosphere. Alas, my hope was swiftly dashed! Once I checked in, I soon realized that the hotel was not a good deal as service, location, comfort, facilities, and breakfast offerings are mediocre.

First, I arrived late at night, exhausted and it was obvious that I was struggling to carry my very heavy luggage and other stuff. After checking in, the front desk staff, a young man who is too bad extremely lazy, gave me the key and then simply looked on and let me carry my luggage on my own, not having the slightest courtesy to offer or arrange a hand to help me. I’d expected a receptionist of any decent hotel would try to welcome guests warmly, and the very first and perhaps least one can do is by offering help or arranging for another staff to help a solo woman traveler taking her luggage. Disappointment started to creep in at that spot. Unfortunately, the feeling of being poorly served became cemented in the morning. I needed to borrow an adapter to charge my phone battery and so asked for one to borrow from the same front desk staff. He said he promised to get one for me first thing in the morning. In the morning, I came down and asked the same staff who was still there at the desk, but he forgot about my request (and his own promise) and didn't make an effort to get one immediately. After another wait, it was another staff who followed up and got an adapter for me.

Second, the hotel facilities and room were aged, the furniture worn out, and my room not well-lighted. The bed is clean enough. The walls are thin so I could hear the movement and voice in adjacent rooms. The safety box in my room was not readily usable so I had to front desk call the maintenance to get it fixed. The shower room is standard. The amenities provided are just basic soap and shampoo. There is neither unique ambience nor charm. Food selection for breakfast is limited and very standard. For the price, I did not get added value beyond a clean bed to sleep.

Third, the location of the hotel is far from everywhere. It is not easy to get a taxi. There is no restaurant, grocery store, or interesting sightings around it. The hotel is in a residential area which is unfortunately not as charming as it is described in the advertisement. It is surrounded by big houses behind high walls, along a dusty street. At night the street is rather dark. With the double disadvantages of being located far from everywhere and in an unattractive neighborhood, on hindsight, I’d have skipped the hotel in the first place and book elsewhere.

I was so disappointed with the hotel that although I booked and paid for 2 nights, I finally decided to stay for one night only and left early. To summarize my view of the hotel, I have just one word: overrated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo