We stayed here six nights for our honeymoon and had an amazing time. In addition to the privacy, relaxation, and personal pampering available, there's also plenty you can choose from. Around the resort, we snorkeled and kayaked when we weren't laying on the beach or by the pool. For excursions, Six Senses provided us with private boats for each of our trips. Some of the activities we did that I would recommend:
Hon Yen island private snorkeling trip: We were taken by private speed boat to several snorkeling spots, then to a secluded beach where we ate a picnic lunch by ourselves. We wrapped the trip up stopping off at a local fishing village / lobster farm
Island hopping / scuba diving trip: we were taken via private speedboat to Hon Moon where I did two dives and my wife snorkeled, with a lunch in between. On the dives there were a lot of cool fish to see, including an octopus and a moray eel. After the diving and snorkeling, we returned and stopped at a lobster farm to buy some lobsters to eat for dinner (to go along with our private barbecue)
Massages: The spa is very nice and I'd recommend the Vietnamese massage.
Private cooking class: Starts off with a tour around the organic garden trying the fresh herbs and fruits, followed by cooking a three-course meal with one of the resort chefs. Our meal was hand rolls, a soup, and a clay pot dish, all which were delicious.
Sunset cruise: we had a private sunset cruise around, including canapes and champagne. Was very relaxing, with gorgeous views of the surrounding area
For special meals, we did Dining by the Rocks (Ninh Van Bay experience set menu), a private beach BBQ outside of our villa (they only do one per night, so book in advance), and dinner in the Wine Cave (also book in advance since there's only one table). All were delicious and had very cool ambiance. One night there was also a seafood buffet dinner by the pool, which was nice.
Overall, Six Senses Ninh Van Bay was everything we had hoped for in a honeymoon. We had constant privacy and relaxation time, and also access to fun activities when we wanted. The food was great!
Overall, it was the perfect honeymoon!
Some travel tips about Six Senses Ninh Van Bay:
1) The resort is eco-friendly and non-intrusive to the environment, so mosquitoes can get in the rooms and lizards will definitely get into the outdoor bathroom. This did not bother us because we knew going ahead and we like the eco-friendly nature of the resort. BUT, if this is something that would bother you then go somewhere else
2) You may be able to secure good deals during non-peak season, like pay 4, stay 6 nights. Also, if it's your honeymoon, they will offer you a free bottle of champagne and private cruise.
3) The food is pretty expensive (relative to Vietnam, not relative to 5-star resorts like 4 Seasons). I checked ahead of time and budgeted accordingly, so I was neither surprised nor upset with the prices, but if you're expecting Vietnam prices then you will be quite surprised. That said, the food is top-notch!
4) If you know you will want to do excursions or special meals, book in advance. There's a list of excursions available on the site, and they will also email you the resort menus and special meal options if you ask. I booked snorkeling trip, island hopping, wine cave, bbq, and dining by the rocks all the week before. This is especially necessary for private beach bbq and the wine cave which have limited availability.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six Senses Ninh Van Bay sits on a dramatic bay, with impressive rock formations. Golden sand beach and towering mountains add to the sense of being at one with nature. The family friendly resort’s architectural style incorporates Vietnamese traditions, with all 58 accommodations being personal pool villas.The restaurants at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay serve international and local favourites complemented by the best local seafood, including lobsters and king prawns. There are wonderful spaces for lounging with drinks from the wine cave, or healthy fresh juices and favourite libations from the bar.Six Senses Spa at Ninh Van Bay is a sanctuary for all the senses, with traditional Vietnamese treatments and Six Senses Signatures to suit every individual guest. In addition to the breath-taking treatment rooms, the spa is equipped with yoga pavilion, a gymnasium, hair salon and spa retail gallery.In addition to blissful relaxation, guests can also enjoy many activities and excursions on water, under water at the coral reef and on land by joining a cultural or wildlife adventure; or making use of the resort's facilities and wide variety of sporting equipment. The resort is also a perfect setting for beautiful wedding ceremonies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Six Senses Ninh Van Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 6 Senses Ninh Van Bay
- Six Senses Ninh Van Bay Hotel Nha Trang
- Ana Mandara Vietnam