1,270 results
All reviews hill top villa beach villa rock villa private pool wine cave coral reef wooden bathtub organic garden private butler our honeymoon outdoor shower direct access to the beach heaven on earth day bed speed boat main restaurant natural materials
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My partner and I stayed at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay for five glorious nights for my 40th birthday. I cannot speak positively enough about this resort and the staff as it well and truly exceeded the very high expectations that we had for our stay.
The resort itself is extremely beautiful and private and only accessible by water. The architecture and landscaping are all in keeping with the natural and eco friendly nature of the resort which comes complete with a organic vegetable, fruit and herb garden, all of the produce of which is served in the restaurant.
We stayed in a beach villa which was made out of wood and stone, with little glass (only for the bedroom) yet every mod con possible, More like a rustic but opulent tree house complete with two day beds and a bathroom that has to be seen to be believed (including an outdoor shower and huge wooden bath)..... very romantic!!! Each villa has a plunge pool so close to the beach you can see and hear the water and is surrounded by natural forest.with lizards and butterflies What an amazing environment to relax.
The breakfast was incredible with a HUGE selection of anything you could possibly want and we actually made this the longest meal of the day, taking in the view and the bay below. The menus and food quality were of a world class standard and definitely in line with a resort of this calibre. The wine cave and beach BBQ's are a must for the food lovers out there who wish to have a totally unique experience and the attention to detail with these events is truly amazing.
The staff at this resort clearly love what they do and this is represented by the way they treat their guests.With a butler dedicated to each villa, your every need is catered for. Special thanks to Wayne and Garry as the management team, who were very visible during the stay, always ensuring guest satisfaction.and really made our trip such a memorable one. From chats over breakfast, to welcome drinks on the beach, to meeting their guests on arrival and departure at the wharf, these guys run a well oiled machine..... Thanks again guys, your hospitality was greatly appreciated.
Would we go back to a six senses resort????..... in a heartbeat.!!!!!.........in fact next Sept for the other halfs birthday.

1  Thank Travelbug0z
sixsensesninhvanbay, General Manager at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2011

Dear Travelbugoz,

Greetings from Ninh Nan Bay, thank you very much for your very descriptive review! It is great to read that you had such a memorable 40th birthday celebration with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I sincerely hope for you and your partner that you do indeed make it to another Six Senses property in September!....Maldives if I remember correctly was the possible next stop. I am sure that you will love it as much as you did here in Six Senses Ninh Van Bay.

I hope to see you again in the not too distant future, if not welcoming you back to our resort.

Thank you once again and warm regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2011

I had no idea what to expect before our trip to Vietnam, but now I can say I liked the country a lot! It's far more memorable than many of the places I have been to. Of course you have to endure a little of the hot sticky weather they have there, but again it reminded me so much where I grow up so it wasn't really a problem to me, especially you get to really appreciate the cold-chilled fresh coconut juice.

Me and my husband stayed at the resort for 5 days and 5 other days in Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi. The resort isn't the most luxuriest we've been to but I can see their concept of "ecological" and "local" is very much adapted into. Most of the furnitures there  are made of plants you can find locally, such as using a coconut shell as the doorknob, or a small ladder to put rolls or toilet paper on. I remember at Amanpuli where every villa is equipped with a buggy for guests' in-resort transportation while here we all ride bikes to the restaurant to eat.  And in each villa, only in the bedroom there is an air-condition unit as everywhere else is windowless so you get to enjoy natural sea-breeze a lot! I guess whether you like all the things I've mentioned above is dependable on each individual's personal preference.

What I think the hotel needs to improve though, is that the shower in our villa runs out of hot water very quickly. My husband didn't notice it but since my hair is much longer, it takes much more time to clean, and I did find myself have to turn off the water for a while several times so I could save the hot water. Perhaps this is also their " saving the environment" idea?  Nonetheless , their bathroom is nice and huge with a wooden bathtub and an outdoor shower.

What I really really really like is that the restaurant where guests have dinner has a huge selection of dishes on the menu. Every night while we went dinner there we spent at least 20 minutes to make a final decision after constant self-debating. And the best part is every dish on the menu was available! The resort has its own garden where the staff plant numerous types of vegetables and  herbs, so you can guess the food we had there was truly the most fresh ones I'd had in a long time.

Before our arrival to the resort, we had read comments online regarding the resort staff's limited English communication skills. I have to say it didn't bothered us much at all. We actually think it's very cute and kind of original that sometimes we need to find the simplest sentence with no more than three words to get pass. I think probably living in a mega city where everything and everyone is going towards "international" can be quite tiresome. But there was a situation we thought it would be nice if we could all speak the same language was at the cooking class we went. I think it'll be much nicer if the chef could clearly explain us the differences of the herbs. We both really like the guide for our tour to Nha Trang and the island. I think his name is Long. He's very polite, patient and thoughtful, and not once we had the feeling that he was only doing it to get more tips.

After our first experience at Six Senses, we would really recommend this place to our friends (if they don't mind the occasional "intruders" meaning a spider, 2 small centipede and a frog that visited us.) and most likely will try another one of their resorts.  Like I said the hotel isn't the over-the-top-luxury type but it's luxurious enough in its natural way, lovely staff, beautiful view, and fantastic food!  So what more can you ask?

Reviewed 17 June 2011

From the moment of arrival till the moment of departure with the staff lining up to wave the launch goodbye we were pampered and catered to like I have never had before. The bungalow exotic complete with own pool; beach a 5 meter walk away. Food and dinning to a very high standard. And well every penny.
Bicycles available or a golf cart a phone call away. Perfect to relax and recharge and fall in love all over again.
One down side and really the resort could do nothing about it was a group of boisterous Travel Agents on a jaunt . Ruining the peace and tranquillity but then what can you expect from Travel Agents who as a profession are becoming synonymous with Estate Agents.

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
sixsensesninhvanbay, General Manager at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2011

Dear davidaubrey,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, we are all very happy that you had a wonderful time and that you found it perfect to relax, recharge and most of all 'fall in love again'....beautiful.

I do apologize that the group of Travel Agents spoilt the tranquility one evening.

Thank you again, we wish that you do have another opportunity to stay with us or another Six Senses resort in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2011

We had appalling weather - cold, wet, and extremely windy. But that's when you find out how good a hotel really is. The service was attentive, often over-attentive (labour is cheap in Vietnam after all), but often clueless. The food was bland, boring and repetitive. Worst of all, the response to the weather was to pull down ugly plastic blinds in the dining room, which meant eating in the cold (with a jacket on) without the consolation of a view over the bay. Our travel agent in UK was under the impression that it was a short boatride across the bay to shops and a choice of restaurants (in Na Trang itself). Nothing of the kind! It was a half hour trip by motor launch (and a costly one too) into the town. Older folk should also be warned that some of the facilities are a long walk (or short bike ride) away from your room, and sometimes a steep climb up the hillside too.
And the cost of all this? Ridiculous! having travelled widely in Vietnam, we were annoyed to find the prices for everything in 6 Senses about 6 or 7 times the price outside. Everything - meals (wine, of course), the spa, snacks - is more like Mayfair prices than SE Asia.
And by the way, the ecologically-friendly setup is used as an excuse to make things more expensive. Since when did it cost more to do without a carpet? Or to have the shower set outside rather than in an indoor bathroom? Or to have a swimming pool without a tiled floor round about its edge, just sand? A total ripoff. They're making mugs of their customers.

Date of stay: January 2011
10  Thank sbslc

Dear sbslc

It is very disappointing to read your review and to see how you were not happy with our resort. The weather if cold, wet and windy can have this effect. It is a shame that you found our food bland, boring and repetitive and is very unusual to hear as most people rave about the cuisine and the choices. I am glad that you found the service attentive, but would have to strongly disagree that our hosts are clueless actually they are very keen to learn, improve and are doing quite well and I am proud of them. Fortunately it is reflected in other comments on Trip Advisor so others can see all opinions. Unfortunately our main restaurant is open air so we do use the blinds to stop wind and rain if the weather is poor.

The boat ride is depending on the speedboat and weather conditions from 18 to 25mins from the mainland so depending on your point of view it can be considered short or a lengthy ride. A point to note it is an additional 20mins drive to the main section of Nha Trang city. It is important for people to know the timings thank you for sharing.

You are right for some villa's away from the beach and on the rocks or hilltops so this is also important to know if people have difficulties with stairs.

You mentioned the pricing you found more expensive than outside, which is correct in if you compare small local street stalls and some restaurants which have different hygiene standards, food quality and also benefits for their hosts. Most countries around the world you will find a wide disparity even in the western world from the pricing in resorts to what you can find elsewhere. Most of our guests find our pricing fair for the quality, also we do compare our menu pricing to all other high quality resorts in Vietnam and we are on par with them.

Regarding the ecologically friendly set up it seems that you did not appreciate this concept or style unfortunately, which is a shame as many guests love the way that our resort and villa’s blend with nature they find it a wonderful way to escape from their hectic everyday lives in the city.

Thank you for staying with us and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Best regards

Reviewed 9 June 2011

My husband booked our trip to Ninh Van Bay as a surprise for our 2 year anniversary. When we arrived we were greeted by An (our butler) and some of the other staff who knew us by name and knew that we spoke a little bit of Vietnamese...how did they know this, we aren't sure. We think someone called ahead after we were greeted at the airport!

We were driven to our Beach Pool Villa where An showed us around....we were giggling like little kids as this was absoultely the type of house we would love to live in. We were in HEAVEN and it wasn't long before we were chcking out the beach, the pool and everything in our fantastic villa. Our pool was 3 metres from the bedroom, we felt totally private.....it was a complete escape from our crazy lives in Ho Chi Minh City.

The resort is eco friendly and beautifully appointed. There is a real sense of nature with birds and animals and bugs that you just don't seeing in Saigon. The service at Ninh Van Bay was great (thanks An, Basha, Thi), the food was tasty and resonably priced, the view fantastic, the villa amazing, the spa luxurious, the staff incredible (always smiling).

We truly didn't want to leave and we still can't stop talking about it. We would definitley go back in a heatbeat!

1  Thank taren311

Dear taren311,

Thank you very much for your review, its wonderful to read that you found a complete escape from Ho Chi Minh City! I will pass on your kind comments to An, Thi and Basha they will be thrilled.

We are all very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our resort and hope that we can welcome you back once more in the not too distant future.

Best regards