1,244 results
All reviewshill top villabeach villarock villaprivate poolwine cavecoral reefwooden bathtuborganic gardenprivate butlerour honeymoonoutdoor showerdirect access to the beachheaven on earthday bedspeed boatmain restaurantnatural materials
Reviewed 25 April 2011

A paradise amongst the bays and inlets of this southern part of Vietnam. We had the pleasure of staying fleetingly but coming away with the inescapable feeling that we will return in due course. Our arrival at the resort, as always with a six-senses branded vacation, was welcomed by the management team who were attentive, and, led by Wayne Lunt, impeccable in their service and presentation.

The villas were stunning, exceptional and perfectly weighted towards the "rustic luxury" oxymoron that seems to serve the brand so well. I have a personal phobia of any glitz and glamour above and beyond the necessary requirements, and the room met our expectations perfectly. Highlights included the copper sink, bamboo towel rail, and wooden bath tub.

Our stay included brief excursions and dining experiences which again have come to define the six senses brand, and to elevate them above the broadly similar resorts that compete in this category. A snorkelling excursion to a nearby island was a particular highlight, and the experimental dining by the rocks is recommended for those with a sense of culinary adventure.

By the high standards of other resorts under management by Sonu and Eva, Ninh Van positions itself well - better in my opinion, than Zighy Bay, but perhaps less refined than Soneva Fushi, which admittedly has had much longer to streamline the experience. One particular shared concern throughout was the seeming lack of verbal understanding by many of the staff. I have no doubt that over time this will be resolved.

Room options come in five categories in the following order - Beach Villa, Spa Villa, Hill Top Villa, Rock Villa and Water Villa. RV and WV categories are broadly the same with the simple exception being that the RVs do not have direct access to the water. Our group agreed that despite being the least expensive category, the BVs were exceptional, private and cool with decent shade. The Water Villas were more dramatic with access on to the house reef, and have a separate day room in which to relax (and avoid midday sun). Private pools abound in all room categories.

We look forward to a future return, perhaps sooner once direct flights begin from Nha Trang to international cities such as HK and Singapore.

In conclusion, once again our expectations of the Six Senses brand have been met and exceeded. It is difficult to express how happy we are with the the whole experience over the years without sounding gushing - suffice to say that you should be able to trust the descriptions of their hotels and service guarantee without needing to come to tripadvisor for a second opinion.. Perhaps that is the best recommendation of all?

Xin Ca

Room Tip: WV 2/3/4 - WV1 seemed very close to the bar
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank LochLochLomondArms
sixsensesninhvanbay, Manager at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2011

Dear Travelling_Ratpick,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay. I am delighted that you enjoyed the concept and every detail of the villa and I am pleased to learn that you had a most memorable stay at our resort and that you are enjoying the brief excursions and the dining experience on the Rocks.

I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the communication gap and language understanding with our team of hosts. Your feedback is very much appreciated in order for us to review the English program that is suitable for each respective team member in each department.
There are possibilities to have direct international flights to Nha Trang and I am certain that this will come true one day.

Once again, thank you for your support and our team here at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best regards
The management
Six Senses Ninh Van Bay

Reviewed 23 April 2011

Very good hotel in Nha trang city, Private butler service ,We stayed at this hotel Six Senses Ninh Van Bay for 6 nights and we didn't want to leave. It has all those gorgeous touches a 4* should have, out door bath, great food, everything is presented in a unique way. We loved it! Breakfast Excellent. Room was beautifully very secluded. The hotel is fantastic. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear AndreaChicago_usa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience during your recent stay in our resort.
It is a pleasure to learn that our team of hosts has managed to provide an overall satisfying experience for you during your stay.
On behalf of the team at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, we thank you for taking time to write us a review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards
The management
Six Senses Ninh Van Bay

Reviewed 20 April 2011

I initially wanted to stay at the water villa but it was full so had to settle in the rock villa, so missed out on the convenience of being able to go to the sea directly from the villa. but nonetheless everything else was simply great.

First let me praise the Butler, not only my private butler 'Mr Thai" deserve a special praise but also Mr.Near and Ms.Yana who were butlers for my friend travelling with me. They all made sure everything were taken care of, even if it was simply to get some small thing from rock villa 3 to rock villa 2.

One of my friend got the rock villa 4, which was very steep and had a very long walk, so he decided to change to beach villa, otherwise he surely loved the rock villa. i suggest to request for rock villa 2 or 3 which is not as tiring as the villa 4.

we treated ourself to dining in the wine cave, which was simply outstanding, and the last night had the bbq dining in the villa... this was too good, the view we had from the villa, the moment was simply beautiful and will always remain fresh in my memory. The Bbq was simply the best i ever had, all meat were of high standard, cooked perfectly and marinated really well. It's definitely a thing to do if you are staying at the rock or the water villa not so sure if it will be as good as it is in the beach villa.

the only negativity i had was the fishing activity, it was not a good experience at all, but this is definitely not the resort fault, as they were very less fishes, and if we caught it was all really small ones. maybe the fishes population were not that much in the area we anchored the boat. Although the host travelling with us for fishing tried really hard to make us enjoy with what we had. I don't know if it would be better for the resort to warn guest taking this activity before hand about the fishes they are expected to catch. I would not have chosen to take the activity if i knew it was for the small fishes.

one thing the management would like to change is the room service system, as we were quite far from the restaurant therefore most the food that were ordered would get cold by the time it reached, we knew it would be the case but were too lazy to make the move to have in the restaurant, what i can suggest to the management is have the food delivered in the warm bag, Like pizza's company uses for home delivery so the food are kept warm, even if it takes 20-30 min before the food arrive int he villa, trust me this change will be very much worthed and it can be done immediately.

Anyway, it have been a truly great experience, special praise for the butler Mr.Thai, he was the best among the three without any doubt, all my friends agree to that. I hope he will be rewarded for all his service from the management.

We did get the chance to meet the Manager as well, came across to be extremely polite and humble. Also the pastry chef was very friendly.

keep it up... and hope every one can have the some magical experience that we had at this resort!

anan.narang@gmail.com

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anan N
sixsensesninhvanbay, General Manager at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

Dear lee316

Thank you very much for your kind review! It was a pleasure having you and your friends stay with us. Your praises of 'Thai' are very much appreciated, indeed he is a fantastic host we are lucky to have him here with us!

I hope that next time we will have the Water Villa's available for you it was unfortunately that they were fully booked.

We are all very glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your time, the cuisine and service. Thank you also for your recommendations on In-villa Dining.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to our resort in the near future or another Six Senses resort such as Soneva Kiri which I believe your party were also interested in.

Warm regards
Wayne Lunt

Reviewed 20 April 2011

End of February and beginning of March me and my husband spent a wonderful 12 days in the Six Senses. We were celebrating our 15 wedding anniversary. We both agree that was our best holidays ever.

A few information that may be useful.
Rooms: Definitely the most beautiful views are guaranteed by the Hilltop Villas. You should however bear in mind that it is related to the daily climbing. We had about 260 stairs to our Villa (no 9). Nevertheless, I strongly recommend to chose Hilltop villas, because quickly you will get used to climbing and in return you will receive such a wonderful views. In fact, even more climbing could be required to get to some Rock Villas. Beachvillas have definitely easiest access, but there is no such views and no privacy at all. If I could chose once again - definitely I would stay with Hilltop Villas. Some Hilltop villas are close to main restaurant, others like numbers 7,8 and 9 are located on the opposite side of the bay. No.9 is the farthest away, but also gives maximum privacy. Choosing villa no 9 be aware that before afternoon only pool is covered by the sun. The shadow is very nice, but if you are strong fan of the sun, it may not be the best Villa (for me the shadow was a small disappointment however my husband was delighted). Every afternoon we bathed in our pool and in fact never went down to the beach. And the sunsets watched from our private poll were breathtaking.
Food in my opinion was excellent, good choice, fresh sea food, nice thema buffets. "Dinning by the Rock" is a must. It is rather expensive - but worth the price and gives you unforgettable experience. There is one thing too expensive: soft drinks. Choosing this class hotel you are prepared that prices are not the lowest one, but $4 for Coca-cola can is far too expensive. For comparison - in Nha Trang, for $ 4 I bought 5 cans of Coca-Cola.
Atmosphere of the hotel is unique. If you want to relax and chill out - it is the perfect place. All staff are very polite and try to fulfill anything you wish. It is true, that English knowledge is not the best one, but all personnel is focused on best customer service - no matter who will be your Butler or a guide on the trip, for sure you will be satisfied.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank agatas
Reviewed 15 April 2011

We have stayed at a number of Six Senses resorts. The last one being Zighy Bay where we had been so well looked after by the AGM – Wayne Lunt. We found out that he had moved to Ninh Van Bay to be the GM so we booked in for 12 days. Thank goodness we followed him as he made our stay superb. We had chosen a water villa but my wife having recently had a fall, found the number of steep steps too much so Wayne moved us to a Spa Villa suite which was totally private and peaceful. We had been sightseeing in Thailand and Saigon so the peace and quiet of the resort was very welcome. The villa itself was very spacious but could do a bit of a refurb and with a flat screen TV. We had a very attentive butler – Sugar- who could not be faulted. Ask for her!. The main restaurant was very good but the pool restaurant service needs to be slicker. The spa could not be faulted. The majority of staff are friendly and attentive but their command of the English language when taking food orders is limited.. All in all a great holiday and we would return.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonSebastian
sixsensesninhvanbay, General Manager at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2011

Dear JonSebastian,

So nice to read your review, and thank you for coming to stay with us here in Vietnam and Six Senses once again. It was a pleasure to welcome you to Vietnam and I am glad that you had a very relaxing stay! I will pass on your regards to Sugar who is still as sweet as ever.

I am very happy to inform you that we will be installing LCD TV's in all of our villas very soon, I hope to complete our sample villa this coming week and if all is fine we will complete the rest of the villa's promptly.

My kindest regards to your wonderful wife.

Best wishes