“Satisfied”

Ranked #14 of 208 Hotels in Nha Trang
Stavanger, Norway
“Satisfied”
Reviewed 12 March 2017

We stayed here for three nights. We booked a suite. I was extremely satisfied when I got to the room. The room was big, two terraces, one with a Jacuzzi and the other had two sunbeds! There were also one big bed and one single bed! I was very satisfied with the room and location.

We had breakfast included, but because of the time differences with Norway, we were never able to get up to try it.

Location of the hotel was great. Close to most restaurants and a shopping mall.

Have to cross the street to get to the beach. Can be tricky some times, but we got some help from the staff. The only thing that bothered me was there were never any sunbeds for us at the beach! I think there were only about 10 beds, and they were always occupied. This made me very mad because we were very looking forward to the beach. So If I was to return to this hotel, they need to get more sunbeds!

The swimming pool at the hotel was great! Recommend it!

Nha Trang city is about 30-45 minutes by car from the airport Cam Ranh.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled with family
2 Thank Vany90
MichaelM_GM, General Manager at Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 March 2017
Dear Vany90,

Many thanks for your kind review of your stay at Sunrise Nha Trang.

The Sunrise team is very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location convenient and the room to your liking.

I also thank you for the feedback and suggestion of additional sun loungers located at the beach front for guest convenience. We are currently discussing with the local beach authorities to seek permission to increase our allocation and hope to have them available in the not too distant future.

It was our pleasure to be of service to you and thank you so much for staying with us.

Kindest regards,
Michael Melzer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2017

From the minute we arrived at sunrise the staff we're very helpful and nothing is a problem. We received a room up grade and treated like royalty. Breakfast has all the you could want and need. I highly recommend the sunrise spa experience with a signature massage. The staff at the pool are amazing and offer number one service.
I recommend the sunrise as great place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the beachfront, view is amazing.
  • Stayed March 2017, travelled as a couple
MichaelM_GM, General Manager at Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 March 2017
Dear Rachel F,

Many thanks for posting your review of your experience at our hotel and thank you for choosing Sunrise for your stay in Nha Trang.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the room and services provided by the Sunrise team as well as the International buffet breakfast offerings with its wide range of Asian and Western choices.

Thank you also for recognizing our Sunrise Spa team who will be very pleased to know that you enjoyed your Spa experience and signature massage.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Very best regards,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Even before we checked in the staff here helped me figure out a booking glitche with an online agency. From the moment we checked in ( and were upgraded), to our beautiful meals, escorts across the road to a private section of the beach, exceptional concierge services that booked our transportation to the next city, and beautiful view from our balcony...this hotel has made my stay in Nha Trang a memorable experience.

Room Tip: Floor 2 or above
  • Stayed March 2017, travelled with family
2 Thank LSpittal
Dear LSpittal,

Many thanks for sharing your experience of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room and its scenic view over Nha Trang bay, the location and that our Sunrise team looked after you so nicely. Thank you for recognizing them as they do their utmost to please our guests and assist them where at all possible.

We do hope it will not be too long before you return.

Kindest regards,
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 March 2017

There are many good things about this hotel. It has an older-style charm that some of the newer hotels in Nha Trang lack. It's rooms are large, many have good views, and the range of food at breakfast is good. However, it's management is not up to the class standard of the hotel. This was most apparent when they hotel had a kitchen fire while I was staying there. There did not seem to be a standard emergency procedure. Despite the fire, which led to smoke throughout the corridors and rooms on every floor, the management did not turn on the alarms (why don't they have automatic smoke alarms?!) or evacuate guests. Many of us chose to evacuate ourselves, at which point the hotel night manager urged us to go back to our rooms. We pointed out that they were filled with smoke and we did not feel safe. The fact the management did not seem to think that smoke was a danger in of itself was a major concern and left me with no confidence that the hotel was well managed. I moved out of the hotel the next day.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled on business
1 Thank j77a
MichaelM_GM, General Manager at Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 March 2017
Dear j77a,

Thank you for taking the time to write for such a detailed review of your experience and stay at Sunrise Nha Trang.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the old style charm that the hotel offers along with the large guest rooms and extensive range of food offered at breakfast. It is somewhat disappointing though to read further on your claims regarding the incident and misleading to report via social media Trip advisor on the fire which occurred on 26th February at approximately 2:03am in the morning.

The fire, which broke out in a kitchen adjacent to the hotel main building was brought under control by the local fire brigade, the main hotel building was never under any danger during this period, nor were guests in any form of danger either.

In regard to the hotel having emergency procedures, along with smoke detectors, sprinkler systems, fire hydrants, fire extinguishers are all in place and in working order.
Hotel management including myself were on duty and assisting with hotel guests and APEC delegates during this time, and coordinating efforts with the local fire brigade who were in charge during this time as is the case in Khanh Hoa Province, with the hotel management deferring authority to the local fire brigade and the decisions made whether to evacuate or not.

It is of course regrettably that the fire took place in the first place, and I do apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

Should you wish to contact me, please feel free to Email me directly at gm@sunrisenhatrang.com.vn.

Yours sincerely,
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

We booked here for 3 nights with a garden view. We ended up with the first floor where it looks like you are walking to a dark old warehouse. It's supposed to be a garden view room, but we end up with the view of the back of the maintenance room with 2 huge dumpsters in front of us. We had to go around to get to the pool instead of the sliding doors because of the smell from the dumpsters.
The pool is somewhat like a public pool design, not for what I expected for a 5* hotel.
It's not a beach front hotel by the way. You need to cross the street to get to the beach, and make sure you get there early to steal a spot, because they only have about 10 umbrellas set up. Unless you want to be toasted by the sun.
The reason why I give it 2* is because the breakfast was amazing!
Overall, I don't think it's a 5* hotel from my experience. It's more like a 3* to me. I'm sure Nha Trang has a lot better hotels to offer for the price that I paid.

Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
MichaelM_GM, General Manager at Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 March 2017
Dear Hang N,

Thank you for your detailed review of your experience of Sunrise.

I am very disappointed to hear and apologize that we have not met your expectations during your stay as it is certainly our wish to ensure that all our guests enjoy their stay and your feedback is sincerely appreciated. I will take immediate steps to follow up on all those points you have raised.

In particular, I was concerned to read your comments on our garden view rooms as they are located on the 1st floor with direct access to the swimming pool. As to the view of the maintenance room we are currently repainting the exterior building facade and temporarily suspended works due to high occupancy and stored the required scaffolding covered at the near by garden area .

I do note your comments on the hotels location. Sunrise is located on Tran Phu Blvd directly facing the ocean. To get to the beach we provide security guarded access across the street and complementary sun loungers with umbrellas for guests convenience. I am pleased to hear that you found your breakfast experience amazing thank you for recognizing this in a public forum.

Please be rest assured that we do wish to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay in Nha Trang and at Sunrise. It is with feedback such as your own that we will continue to improve on the points you have raised.