“Quiet Elegance”

Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 216 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed 11 November 2011

First visit to Vietnam and had just spent 5 fabulous days in Saigon.
I just love that City - I visit Asia each year for my holidays and although never disappointed with where I visit. I cant seak highly enough about Saigon.
Its Asian - but different.
Arrived in Nha Trang with the great adventure of Saigon still fresh in my mind and was transported by pre arranged Private Car the rather lengthy 45mins from the new airport at Cam Rhan to Nha Trang.
Arrived at Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel and was delivered into one of the most quietly elegant hotels I have had the pleasure of staying in.
Having just come from Saigon - where my hotel - although clean and very central - was definately Circa 1970. This was a very pleasant suprise.
I Had booked a beach side room.for 5 nights and first reaction when I was escorted into my room was "Ooooh & Ahhhh" the room was spacious, clean and well appointed - but the view was just to die for - looking directly across Nha Trang Bay, I watched the fishing fleet leave each evening and return again each morning.
All the Vietnamese people I came across in the hospitality industy will rush to assist you to cross the street - I thought it was a crack up, made me feel like an old lady - but they were very proud to offer this service and it should be taken in good humility. The Hotel operates a private Beach Side Umberella and Sun Bed area across the street from Hotel - of which I was duly escorted to and from each morning - Lovely! The hotel also has a great pool - again very courteous Pool Boys who would adjust my pool side Umberella - unbidden, while whispering to me the dangers of the Vietnam Sun. Obviously not a curtesy accepted by all guests as there were plenty of crispy fried variety guests .
The Buffet Breakfast was outstanding each morning - I always judge Asian Breakfast by the quality of the Egg Chief and theirs met each days challenge when I ordered differently each morning!
Staff were gracious, pleasant and full of Vietnamese smiles, The Hotel cool, calm and luxurious. Their business Centre - Computers and Internet Connection was free to guests.
I cant recommend this Hotel highly enough - in fact Nha Trang is beautifully positioned.
I travel regularly and have criteria like all travellers do - I insist on good accomodation - I love to explore local food - I adore balmy weather - I am excited by the diversion of shopping - although I rarely buy much I certainly love to explore it... Nha Trang offered fabulous accommodation and great weather.
But little or no shopping - One big new Shopping centre recently opened just up the street a bit from Sunrise Hotel - but one visit is all it takes to see what is there (High priced, high end)
regarless of how much I searched and searched and I walked for Miles! Where were all the shops, boutiques, markets? The odd little market here and there in the evening - but all full of cheap jewellery and bored stall holders - mostly because there was no one there.
I am not advocating the westernisation of such a beautiful spot by any means... Skyscraper hotels are going up along the beachfront there as we speak. But there is just nothing else to do there.... but sunbake and drink... and I never saw a crowd gather... anywhere!
But I love Vietnam!!!

Room Tip: Beach side room - was money well spent.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank Pamela S
Sunrisemanager, Manager at Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Dear Ms. Pamela

My Team joins me in thanking you for choosing the Sunrise Hotel for your recent holiday.
We are happy to note that you appreciated our facilities and Services. It is our endeavor to ensure each Guest has a Comfortable and memorable stay with us.

We look forward being at your service in the near future again.
Regards
Raju Nair
Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed 11 November 2011

This is a wonderful modern hotel across the street from the beach. It is a well thought out design with a beautiful lobby. There is entertainment daily in the lobby. It was the surprise property of our Vietnam tour.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the beach.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank JohnnyBfromFlorida

Dear Mr. Johnny

We look forward being at your service in the near future again.
Regards
Raju Nair
Manager

Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed for 6 nights in late October 2011 and we had such a wonderful time. Hotel staff were super nice, polite and helpful. Excellent breakfast buffet. Excellent room service. Excellent stay. Our hotel tour guide Mr. Tien Thao made the trip fun. He spoke great English and showed us all the pretty landmarks. We got up at 5am each day to join the group of beach runners and exercisers on the beach front. We took pictures of the sunrise. We went to NhaTrang center next block to windowshop and ate grilled pork noodles for lunch for 50,000 VN dong ($5, price included extra meats!) We went to local markets for fruits and other shopping. Make sure you visit the extraordinary RED Temple on the island. We will return to SunRise the next time we go to Vietnam.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tranlinh_TA
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Cab fares were only vnd 35,000 so not a problem and good to be away from the hustle of the centre.

Excellent breakfast buffet - eggs cooked to order - and wonderful pool area.

Atmosphere was very quite but not a problem for us but may be too quiet for some.

Got a good rate so made it a choice for us otherwise may not have stayed here.

Was my birthday during the stay and the hotel arranged a cake as a surprise. The Vietnamese make amazing cakes - my husband had arranged one for me earlier in the day after diving.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 21 October 2011

After much research, and many emails back and froth with Ms Ngoc from the Sunrise, we chose the Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel and Spa for my husband's first return to Viet Nam and Cam Rhan Bay area in 40 years. We are savy world travellers and have stayed at many 5 star hotels worldwide.

Upon arrival at Cam Rhan Bay'sTon Son Nhut airport, we were met by the lovely, gracious Ha, who spoke excellent English. She had our names on a card and seemed to know us straight away. Ha took care of getting the luggage trolly and insisted on managing it from the Baggage Claim to the hotel Toyota SUV.

Once in the vehicle, we were given a cooling, refreshing towel to clean our face and hands, and a bottle of water for the 45 minute drive to the hotel. Ha pointed out all the sights of interes, and answered all our questions about Cam Rhan,Nha Trang and surrounds, and the hotel.

Arriving at the hotel we were greeted by the doorman, our luggage was handled for us and Ha, our assigned Guest Relations lady, escorted us to Reception where we were again greeted with welcome, warmth and grace. Once the formalities were completed, Ha seated us in the Loby Reception area and brought us the most refreshing Sunrise Welcome drink; a Vietnamese green tea/lemongrass/honey drink we instantly delighted in.

Upon finishing our Welcome drink, Ha escorted us to our Club Room, chosen for us (at our request) for its loveliness and quietness (an essential). The room was entirely satisfying in all aspects; size, appearance, decor, comfort, ammenities, etc. There was a lovely, welcoming fruit basket with plates and a sharp knife, the room was cool, and on the top floor (no one above us) as requested, looking right out onto the South China Sea.

The complimnetary Buffet Breakfast was outstanding; Vietnamese, Asian and Continental foods of all descriptions; highest quality food, beautiful presentation, unending supply. The lady who made the omelettes remembered what you wanted after the first morning. The service was impecable, and the decor is soothing.

Friday and Saturday nights in the same restaurant, a seafood buffet is presented. The lobster, shrimp, calamari, clams, mussels, oysters, and fish is for your choice and is then BBQ'd outside by the seafood chefs and brought to your table, along with finger bowls. The buffet variety is extensive from sushi, a carvery, Vietnamese offerings and sumptious desserts. Ask to speak to the head chef, French born and Paris trained; also the Vietnamese chef, both excellent at their craft.

We left the Sunrise mid stay to spend two days in Dalat. We had one of the Sunrise drives drive us the 3+ hours to Dalat and two days later pick us up at our hotel there and drive us back to the Sunrise. When we arrived back at the Sunrise, we were greeted with "welcome home, we missed you."

What sets the Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel & Spa apart is that we found the genuine graciousness and sincerity of every staff member a priceless gift and part of the overall satisfaction of our stay at the Sunrise. We also appreciated not just their willingness to please, but a genuine desire and pleasure to do so, something not found much elsewhere in the world.

The Spa is not to be missed; it was outstanding and a truely relaxing, rejuvenating and healing experience every time we used it (often).

The Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel & Spa will exceed one's expectations, and will be our only choice again, when we return very soon.

Room Tip: Top floor for best sea view and quietness. The Club Rooms come with extra free benefits of afternoo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple