First visit to Vietnam and had just spent 5 fabulous days in Saigon.
I just love that City - I visit Asia each year for my holidays and although never disappointed with where I visit. I cant seak highly enough about Saigon.
Its Asian - but different.
Arrived in Nha Trang with the great adventure of Saigon still fresh in my mind and was transported by pre arranged Private Car the rather lengthy 45mins from the new airport at Cam Rhan to Nha Trang.
Arrived at Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel and was delivered into one of the most quietly elegant hotels I have had the pleasure of staying in.
Having just come from Saigon - where my hotel - although clean and very central - was definately Circa 1970. This was a very pleasant suprise.
I Had booked a beach side room.for 5 nights and first reaction when I was escorted into my room was "Ooooh & Ahhhh" the room was spacious, clean and well appointed - but the view was just to die for - looking directly across Nha Trang Bay, I watched the fishing fleet leave each evening and return again each morning.
All the Vietnamese people I came across in the hospitality industy will rush to assist you to cross the street - I thought it was a crack up, made me feel like an old lady - but they were very proud to offer this service and it should be taken in good humility. The Hotel operates a private Beach Side Umberella and Sun Bed area across the street from Hotel - of which I was duly escorted to and from each morning - Lovely! The hotel also has a great pool - again very courteous Pool Boys who would adjust my pool side Umberella - unbidden, while whispering to me the dangers of the Vietnam Sun. Obviously not a curtesy accepted by all guests as there were plenty of crispy fried variety guests .
The Buffet Breakfast was outstanding each morning - I always judge Asian Breakfast by the quality of the Egg Chief and theirs met each days challenge when I ordered differently each morning!
Staff were gracious, pleasant and full of Vietnamese smiles, The Hotel cool, calm and luxurious. Their business Centre - Computers and Internet Connection was free to guests.
I cant recommend this Hotel highly enough - in fact Nha Trang is beautifully positioned.
I travel regularly and have criteria like all travellers do - I insist on good accomodation - I love to explore local food - I adore balmy weather - I am excited by the diversion of shopping - although I rarely buy much I certainly love to explore it... Nha Trang offered fabulous accommodation and great weather.
But little or no shopping - One big new Shopping centre recently opened just up the street a bit from Sunrise Hotel - but one visit is all it takes to see what is there (High priced, high end)
regarless of how much I searched and searched and I walked for Miles! Where were all the shops, boutiques, markets? The odd little market here and there in the evening - but all full of cheap jewellery and bored stall holders - mostly because there was no one there.
I am not advocating the westernisation of such a beautiful spot by any means... Skyscraper hotels are going up along the beachfront there as we speak. But there is just nothing else to do there.... but sunbake and drink... and I never saw a crowd gather... anywhere!
But I love Vietnam!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel & Spa is the only beachfront Nha Trang Hotel built in colonial style. This 5 star hotel is idyllically located in the heart of Nha Trang’s tourist district just steps away from the beach within walking distance to major sightseeing, shopping and tourist destinations. The hotel features 125 sea-facing balcony rooms and suites with a gorgeous view of Nha Trang Bay and elegant touches. A Roman-style swimming pool and private beach are ideal places for sun lovers. Relax to the sound of the lapping of the waves on the beach and flickering lights of passing ships in the Sky Lounge, or simply unwind at the Lobby Lounge. Explore culinary diversity under a single roof at The Imperial and Huong Viet Restaurant. To pamper yourself, wander a short distance to Sunrise Spa offering luxurious treatments. Tours and recreational activities are specially tailored to explore, experience the local beauty, rich culture and attractions. Both leisure and business travelers will find necessary services, amenities and facilities served by professional staff exceeding your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Prestigia, Booking.com, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, Fastbooking and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel And Spa
- Sunrise Nha Trang Beach Hotel Nha Trang
- Sunrise Beach Hotel Nha Trang
- Sunrise Beach Nha Trang