“Great food”

Lanterns Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 703 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Description: We have been operating since 2008 and hold half day cooking classes for visitors to Nha Trang. It is a great experience of travelling to the local market, buying food and then preparing 3 dishes as chosen by the guests. We also provide a small recipe book at the completion of the tour, as a memento and keepsake. We are also keen to differentiate ourselves from all the other dining places in Nha Trang and give the customer a unique Vietnamese experience. One area is, we are strongly supporting 12 local orphanages. I spent 2 months travelling through Nha Trang & Vietnam & spent a lot of my time with the children at orphanages. As a result, I am trying to give back to these kids, by teaching them life skills and how the real world operates, outside of the usual visits and photo opportunity.That's where the idea for Lanterns came. We invite kids and their careers to each at least one day per month, but any time they wish to come.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had the pork in clay pot and came out very hot and delicious, great service and mood within the restaurant

Write a ReviewReviews (4,435)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Called in here after seeing it on tripadvisor, the staff or friendly and a wide choice of food and drinks. Food is well presented but lacks a little bit in local flavour. Overall nothing really wrong with the food but nothing especially great to make you want to come back again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The atmosphere was great from the moment I walked in, the service was quick and the food was delicious! Highly recommend, it’s a hidden gem

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited Lanterns to check out the food and to see if I wanted to do the cooking school. After dinner, I decided the food was just so so. We had the clay pot fish which was very salty, a bit too much fish sauce and the fish was slightly overcooked and dry. The eggplant garlic also had a bit too much fish sauce but good on the garlic and spice. Decided not to do the cooking class because I already know how to make 2 of the dishes.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Normally we go out and check out all the little streetfood stalls. This evening too, but we wanted a dessert and at Lanterns having only a dessert was perfectly fine. It was such a nice place and they had so happy and so good waiters and waitresses that we stayed all evening to drink cocktails.