“Book if you can or you may face a long wait!”

Lanterns Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 578 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We have been operating since 2008 and hold half day cooking classes for visitors to Nha Trang. It is a great experience of travelling to the local market, buying food and then preparing 3 dishes as chosen by the guests. We also provide a small recipe book at the completion of the tour, as a memento and keepsake. We are also keen to differentiate ourselves from all the other dining places in Nha Trang and give the customer a unique Vietnamese experience. One area is, we are strongly supporting 12 local orphanages. I spent 2 months travelling through Nha Trang & Vietnam & spent a lot of my time with the children at orphanages. As a result, I am trying to give back to these kids, by teaching them life skills and how the real world operates, outside of the usual visits and photo opportunity.That's where the idea for Lanterns came. We invite kids and their careers to each at least one day per month, but any time they wish to come.
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We did have a long wait but the end was worth it. Staff very apologetic about delay. Our meals arrived in reasonable time, they were not the largest but were more than adequate and you did no feel overloaded at the end! Some of the nicest food we have eaten in Vietnam. All our friends who also ate here commented on the beautiful food.
Not expensive and would go there again (and again)

Write a ReviewReviews (3,976)

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Had lunch food was awesome and super affordable priced ..... highly recommend for those visiting Nha Trang town

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a couple of excellent meals here and was the only place we visited twice during our stay in Nha Tang. Recommended.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

This is a culinary hell. We came there for a dinner after having read some positive reviews here. We were lucky to be seated immediately on a nice spot and ordered drinks, starters and main courses. However, we immediately canceled the order once the starters landed on our table as our stomachs turned upside down. My partner's seafood bruschetta, which first sounded like a tasty fusion starter, was basicly half baguette with shrimps dumped in a lot of mayonese (see photo). My corn & shrimp soup looked and tasted like liquid glue. To give the restaurant at least some credit, the manager came to apologize and seemed to feel really sorry about our disappointment.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

So, we chose this place purely because of TripAdvisor and LonelyPlanet ranking if very highly. What can I say, be prepared to wait! The Queue is long so book in advance if you can.

Surprisingly, I’ve found good food not so easy to find in Nha Trang so I can see why a lot of people are using review-based systems to find restaurants. The food was decent which was to be expected and the drinks menu was extensive. I also believe they let you bring in your own drinks (well we did as we queued for over 40 mins so bought so beers and spirits from local shop to pass the time). This place isn’t going to blow your mind away but it will leave you feeling like you’ve had a decent meal.

Notes: the toilets are awful and for a restaurant which must server upwards of 700 people for dinner alone I think it’s pathetic. Clearly, some improvements can be made here.

Notes: as with most restaurants in Nha Trang, it’s an open environment. We found a cockroach on our table cloth which wasn’t a great start to the meal.

Would I go again: Probably Yes.
Would I recommend it: Yes.
Service: Average at best but this is Nha Trang – service is always poor.

Negatives: Poor toilets & slow service but they were very busy!