All reviews top gear big lockers free shots bed dorm bike tour free breakfast clean rooms place to stay backpackers vietnam
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Stayed in the all-female dorm where there were dirty linens, cockroaches and ants. The electricity also goes on and off all night (which I guess can be good so you don't see the ants all over the dining room tables and your food at that)! You can't rent a towel, you can only buy one for the same price as a bus ticket to Hoi An. I was supposed to stay here two nights but decided to get out after one!

This is a lovely place for a drink, but you DO NOT have to stay here to party here! Find yourself a nicer hostel and just drop in to meet people/drink!

As for the staff, the western guy who appears to be in charge was very nice/helpful, but the rest of the staff both Vietnamese and Western were rude and acted as if I was an annoyance for asking questions about where to visit/eat! After having a good experience at the Vietnam Backpackers Hostel - Original in Hanoi, I expected a bit more from this place.

Will not return, do not recommend.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MhLou
Jaco_Hue, General Manager at Vietnam Backpacker Hostels - Hue, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Greetings traveler

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We always strive to improve and welcome all feedback, positive and negative. We will definitely be investigating linen and the bugs. We put down spray and traps and constantly clean the tables and kitchen as food attracts the critters but in Vietnam it is a problem. I will also have a chat with my staff and find out what happened. I will send you a message with my email address and please feel free to send me any details.

We strive to create a fun and social atmosphere for our guests to enjoy a drink and to meet like-minded travelers. If you are ever in the area please feel free to come talk to me personally.

Safe travels and we hope you have great trip further.

Jaco

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

The rooms are quite small, especially for someone who is as tall as me. But the beds are good and the lockers are quite handy. The staff is very friendly. Besides the somewhat claustrophobic feeling a got, I was satisfied.. the breakfast is also good.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Greetings traveler

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear that you had a good time with us and enjoyed your stay.

If you are in the area again feel free to come in for a chat and a drink with us.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Went here for some food and a few drinks! Ended up doing a pub quiz it's a real cool place good music and the food was good too! They have quite a few different things going on ,on different days so always something interesting to do!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Jaco_Hue, General Manager at Vietnam Backpacker Hostels - Hue, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Greetings traveler

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our food and drinks and took part in the pub quiz. Everybody is always welcome to come join us for a drink or two.

If you are ever in the area feel free to pop in again for a drink on us. Safe travels and hope you have a great time further in Vietnam.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Centrally located in one of the busy streets filled with bars and hostels, the Hue Backpackers' Hostel and it's "sunglasses-wearing-red-bull-logo" is an easy to spot location.

From the moment I arrived there was a bustling young'n'fun vibe in the downstairs bar that serves a mix of Vietnamese and western foods (who can resist a plate of nachos over a few beers no matter what country you're in ).

Good mix of local and western staff - helpful and trying to get the party started from the 5pm-few-beer-moment onwards.if you're looking for an early night in and good sleep, better bring the best earplugs you can find as my first floor dorm was right over the bar and the music will provide entertainment until well after midnight.

Dorms are a bit of a squeeze - I stayed in a 6 bed (3 bunk beds) dorm with just enough space to pass each other on the way to the bathroom. However, locker space is plenty which makes for easy storage and access to any shaped backpack or suitcase you might be carrying. The room was clean, breakfast included, I just think towels were not included (or possibly available to rent).
The showers have warm water provides you turn on the switch 10min before showering.

I enjoyed my stay at the Hue Backpackers' Hostel for the three nights I stayed, and happily chose a quieter hostel at my next stop to recover ;-)

Note that they also have locations in Hoi An and Hanoi (2)

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Greetings traveler

Thank you for writing positive and in-depth review. We are very pleased to hear you had such a great stay with us. As you have noticed and mentioned we strive to create a fun and social environment for our guests to meet like-minded travelers to share a drink with and swap stories. We close our bar at 11pm to limit the noise for travelers who wish to have a more quiet night and to be fresh for the new adventures the next day.

Thank you again for thorough review and if you are ever in the area feel free to pop in for a drink and a chat. Safe travels and hope you have a great time.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Very good hostel. I went on a daily moto tour to discover Hue and that was awesome! The hostel is nice even with a broken shower and low wifi connexion ... (only bad point!)
VBH are always a good idea ;)

Stayed: November 2016
Jaco_Hue, General Manager at Vietnam Backpacker Hostels - Hue, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Greetings traveler

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are always glad to hear that our guests had a great time staying with us. We have already fixed the shower as well and am busy sorting out the wifi connection.

If you are ever in the area again feel free to join us for another drink.

Cheers