All reviews big room budget hotels per day nice hotel fridge ac dong floor wifi balcony tours asia driver vietnamese
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

I and my family stayed this hotel 2 days . the hotel have big room and have good location in Huế city , staffs were very friendly , they always help if you have request
I will stay here if i comeback Huế city

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2017

The room we had was spacious and had AC not that we needed it. The room had large windows that opened right up and had a grill over them so no one could get in. It wasn't oppressive. At the end of the passage you walked out onto a balcony where you could sit and smoke or drink if you wanted.. The staff were fantastic they arranged tours for us gave us good places to eat not faar from the hotel and got us onto the Bus for Hoi An when it was time to move on. The rooms were comfortable and the hosts of the hotel were just like family. Always friendly and free cuddles from the lady who runs it. Very friendly and just what you want when you are in a country where you are out of your comfort zone. Really you couldn't do better for your dong.

Room Tip: The rooms to the front of the hotel are best ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I just left the Nhu Phu an hour ago. I had a good stay there and the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was good (302). I was given room 202 originally. It was very damp and I found it difficult to breathe so I asked for a different one. They unhesitatingly and happily changed my room to one floor up. There wasn't a wall on the balcony blocking the window of this room (like 202) so there was much better airflow and it was brighter. Having a cold I was glad of the change.
I'd recommend rooms on floors 3 or 4 here and rooms 301 or 401 which have better views overlooking balcony than mine- 302 (or 402). However my room was fine. FYI- no elevator (but there's a beautiful staircase). Breakfast here is the best included breakfast I've had in SE Asian budget hotels.

Now for the weird ending:
Yesterday I arranged with them and prepaid for their car to drive me to the airport this morning for 200k. It was just me at that point. This morning while eating breakfast a Vietnamese guy came down the stairs with a suitcase and packed it into the car. I wondered... . We were scheduled to leave at 0600, it was 0550. So they made motions about me loading up and getting in I said "is he going to the airport too"? The woman's English was minimal and my Vietnamese even less but she understood and said yes. So I said "ok he can pay me half". She (very nicely) indicated that he was her friend to which I indicated I wasn't paying his trip. She then pulled out 50k to which I said "no, 100. He pays half". She picked up her 50k. All still very polite. So at 0555 the driver left with the other guy and leaving me wondering whats going on. So I picked up my bag and said "what now?" There was 5 minutes of awkwardness and then she went on the street and I followed and a taxi pulled up. She indicated it was for me so I said "I pay"? She indicated she would. All very polite right to the end. So away I went wondering if the driver was going to demand payment at the airport, which he didn't. All very strange. I'd have gladly got into the original vehicle if it was split and it would have been cheaper I assume all around. Now maybe there was more going on than met the eye- I don't know. Maybe he was just going to the bus station but they. They could've explained such a thing. All that being said the staff here were very polite and helpful the whole stay and I still recommend the Nhu Phu Hotel.
I know it wasn't a lot of money but after a few months travel in SE Asia I've gotten a little jaded and tired of being looked upon as a walking cash machine and legitimate target for money squeezing. So I don't go over easily. Now I really don't think they were trying to squeeze me as take advantage of my paid car but it's still a little tiring.
Don't let this little story put anyone off the Nhu Phu though. Its one of the best budget hotels here I've stayed in. The younger staff, typically at the front desk, speak fairly good English and are very helpful.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised by Nhu Phu hotel, very spacious room, large balcony area and lovely free breakfast for such a tiny price $11! Staff were friendly and motorbike hire they provide was alot cheaper than other places around. Overall was very happy with my two night stay at Nhu Phi hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Pros: Stayed here just for a night. The room was very large. In a good location close to the river and lots of shops and restaurants. Breakfast included was huggggge. The biggest breakfast we have had travelling. Very good! We rented a scooter from them to see the tombs and citadel with no problems.
Cons: The room smelled pretty weird but we got use to it every time after we stayed inside for 5 minutes.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple