“Very nice”

Ranked #71 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Vancouver, Canada
“Very nice”
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Booked with the hotel directly two days in advance of my arrival.

I obviously didn't read the fine print as I didn't realize the room I booked did not have a window. However, that is not a negative at all as I am rarely in the room and quite frankly the way the room is decorated I find myself often glancing at one wall because the art work looks like a window in my peripheral vision.

First impression of the room is "nice". I really love the flooring they have in this room. I odn't know if it is laminate because I've never seen a laminate floor like this one but it is very nice. I'd actually like it in my own home.

The room is spacious with a double bed.

The bathroom is roomy. Small walk in shower with a removable telephone-type shower head. Soap dish in the shower. Plenty of towel racks and two robe hooks. One large one behind the toilet and another one near the sink. Full-sized sink.

One arm chair in the room with another chair at the desk. Plenty of electrical outlets.

Stocked mini bar. Twosmall bottles of complimentary water, along with coffee, tea and an electric kettle.

Safe (no key required) safe in the wardrobe closet.

Bed is rather firm and not the most comfy I've had in Vietnam. The pillows are the pits. Some type of flat sponge type pillow. Bed linens are cleaner than I've been encountering in this country.

The hotel is conveniently located and a 10 minute walk to the night market.

Front desk staff very helpful. I've approached them four times in 24 hours and it never seems to be a bother. Always a staff member to open the door to the hotel for me.

I was outside trying to hail a VinaSun or MaiLinh taxi to no avail. One of the hotel staff crossed the street and hailed one for me in about 20 seconds.

About 5:00 PM I am in my room and there is a knock at the door from housekeeping. The guy hands me a little dish with 4 small bananas and an orange in it "with compliments of Elios hotel".

• Stayed March 2017, travelled solo
LeQuangVinh109, Giám đốc quan hệ khách hàng at Elios Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2017
Dear Bubblybrenda,

Thank you very much for choosing Elios hotel during your stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
We are very grateful that you have taken so much of our precious time to write this long and wonderful review. Our team feel very touched by our generosity and encouraged by your compliments. It is really our honour to have a valuable guest like you staying with us. Indeed we hope we have made your stay with us enjoyable and memorable.

We would love to have you more often at Elios Hotel and we hope you come back soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights in a twin room with a friend. Very clean and bathroom was modern. It is in good condition and the breakfast has a huge variety of food including an egg station. The rooftop has great views and wifi is powerful everywhere in the hotel.

Stayed March 2017, travelled with friends
Dear Julia W,

Thank you for a taking time to send us your wonderful feedback. We are delighted to see that you admired the service offered by our Elios Team as our goal is to provide the best guest service to all our guests. We are humbled by your compliments and will continue to work hard to maintain this high service standard.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you come back soon for another excellent stay.

Rural Western Australia
Reviewed 11 March 2017

In the heart of Saigon, comfortable room, with all the essentials. However, the street noise is horrendous, so if you find it difficult to sleep, choose a hotel away from the main thoroughfare as Saigon rocks almost all night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street if you want to sleep
  • Stayed March 2017, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jean61
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 6 March 2017

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Right in the middle of the town and opposite the big park. We stayed for 2 nights. The hotel is more for business travelers who are just in and out of the hotel most of the time.

They do serve good breakfast on the terrace and the view from the terrace is excellent.

The rates of the hotel does not justify the quality of rooms and the other decor, The rooms smelt of cigarette smoke and somewhat stale smell. Our room had no windows and quite claustrophobic. In short, not value for money.

Room Tip: choose rooms with windows , otherwise quite claustrophobic
  • Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I asked the Trip Advisor Forum for advice on a hotel in Saigon and as usual they delivered. I said I was not interested in fancy lobbies, multiple restaurants, spas, pool, gyms, etc. I wanted a good location, spacious room, updated amenities. Elios Hotel was suggested. It was exactly what I was looking for. I booked it through Booking.com for a large room with a king size bed for $42. per night, breakfast, taxes included.

The hotel is in district 1 and within walking distance to the major tourist sites. There were lots of restaurants in the area and on Fridays and Saturdays there is a street food market directly across the street.

After reading the reviews I asked for a room on an upper floor but not on the 11th floor directly under the restaurant. Our room was on the 9th floor so you could not hear the roar of traffic or any people but you could still hear the honking of horns. I don't think you can get away from that. Luckily it doesn't go on all night. There were windows going across one entire wall so the room was light and airy. The air conditioning was good, the WIFI worked well, the bed was comfortable, the shower was fine. We called to ask for extra pillows and they were delivered within 5 minutes. The television had CNN and a couple other English speaking channels. There were multiple outlets for charging phones, kindles, etc. The room lacked any type of decor but for the price who cares?

There is a restaurant on the roof where we had breakfast. You could eat inside or outside. The buffet had a decent selection of Eastern and Western foods so you could have soup, salad, beef, noodles but also eggs, croissants, bacon in the same meal. Some things were good and some were bad. It was hit or miss.

This is a hotel I would definitely return to if I ever get back to Saigon.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
Dear LWesley,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share such a great feedback from your recent stay experience. We are delighted to see that our Hotel's location, rooms and services could all met your expectations. All Elios's staffs are really happy to hear that our efforts in pleasing guests was beautifully completed.

Thanks for choosing us and staying with us. We always look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.