“Excellent for the price!”
Review of Bich Duyen Hotel

Bich Duyen Hotel
Ranked #32 of 461 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed 2 nights at Bich Duyen. Was a very clean hotel, with very helpful staff.

We did have a "no hot water issue" one morning, and our room was on the 4th floor (excellent workout for the legs up the stairs)... but for the price, it is an excellent choice and I would definitely stay again on our next trip to HCMC.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower levels of the building... :-)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is a great hotel with excellent staff and very good rooms that are spotless. The location is excellent in a small alley away from the traffic noise with many restaurants within walking distance. The hotel also represents great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I am a bit of a snob and like my creature comforts and 5 star hotels, however my partner advised we were going to do Vietnam on the cheap! We set ourselves a $40 budget for each nights stay. This hotel was in the backpackers district of Ho Chi Minh and I was a little concerned to say the least. I can honestly say hand on heart that my experience was enriched by staying in the backpackers area and specifically this hotel. It was $25 a night, very clean and although basic, there were no creepy crawlies which would have been a definite no no! The breakfast was basic, any type of eggs with a massive baguette! But it was a good start to the day. The tours were slightly pricier booked here instead of say Sunrise travel around the corner. I do have to mention that most of the backpacker hotels here close their doors art 11pm, however there is a bell which you can ring to come in. Ming one of the guys seems a little abrupt and cranky but we really enjoyed him and understood he was tired after studying all day and working most of the night. I would recommend the backpacker street around the corner for a night out. Saigon beer was 30p a bottle and my vodka and orange was approx 1 pound. You all sit facing the road on tiny childrens chairs but it is such a sociable place and you meet some wonderful people. Dong Khoi street near the Rex Hotel and all of the 5 star hotels was a great area and we found some good restaurants there but Ii know my experience would have been far different, dare I say 'more steralised' if I had of stayed there. I would recommend Bich Duyen to anybody. If you want a cheaper room go for an inside room , no windows at $17.

Room Tip: Ideally non street facing. The Ho Chi Minhers wake up very early and are very noisy!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kelbelz
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I've stayed 4 nights at the Bich Duyen Hotel and I absolutely loved it. The staff was friendly, the place was clean, the breakfast was good. I would always stay here again and can only recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank MS_travelingasia
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed 5 nights in The Bich Duyen Hotel with a friend during April 2011. I booked this hotel due to all the good views and the amazing price. I was not disappointed. We received a twin bedroom, which was spacious and very clean. The bathroom was good and the location great. I’m not use to booking hotels independently by email without deposits. However all emails were answered quickly. I booked the room a year in advance and it was confirmed and ready for us on arrival. The advice we needed was met and the staff were very friendly. There are many bars and good night spots around the hotel to enjoy. The hotel is quiet and you are able to sleep easily. Breakfast was OK and served in the dining room behind reception. Best points about the hotel – the location, big and clean rooms and great happy and friendly staff. Only down side there is no lift. We were on the 6 floor and was OK in the morning but felt it after a day walking around the city or after a few drinks late at night. Saying that the room was superb and worth the climb. Would book the same hotel and room again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends