1,407 results
All reviews sky bar the customer service manager russian market rooftop pool family suite taxis are cheap river view clean rooms breakfast buffet min walk tour desk egg station star hotel street food great view of the city stayed nights top floor
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed in the Sunland Hotel for three nights. The staff at the reception was very friendly and professional and our room was clean and provided plenty of space. What I particularly liked was the rooftop bar, which provides a fantastic view over Ho Chi Minh at night. Furthermore, the travel desk had great recommendations and organized great sightseeing trips for us. The only drawback was the breakfast. Although the food is ok, the room is too small and gets crowded quickly. However, I would probably book again :)

Room tip: Quiet room, city view
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The Sunland is in a good location, but I would say it's a bit pricier than it should be. The staff don't seem very happy but they did clean and take care of our room very well. We stayed in a Deluxe Riverview Room which boasted a good vista of the city. One huge downside is the wall dividing the room and bathroom - it's simply glass with a mural on it. I was travelling with my mate so I saw things I wish I hadn't, but luckily we're old friends so could have a laugh about it. The skybar is fantastic, gives you an incredible view of the city and is a great spot to have nightcap.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of March 2018 and found the hotel to be OK but not great.
As a family of 4 we had a 2 bedroom apartment which worked very well, spacious rooms and comfy beds.
My main issue was really with the location of the hotel and with the upkeep of the common areas such as the pool area.

The hotel is situated near the river front across a very busy road, it is tucked back down a very dingy side street which is a little threatening when you first arrive. One of our bedroom windows looked straight down onto the metal recycling area below - not an idyllic view!

In terms of the common areas, they none of them look anywhere near as pleasant as the photos suggest and consequently seem to get overlooked by guests. The pool area in particular was shabby and uninviting, furniture around the pool was falling apart - it was just not somewhere you would choose to spend time.

Don’t get me wrong, this hotel does what it needs to but if management looked at their establishment through their customers eyes they would see some fairly small improvements that could make a big difference.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Overall you'll notice the reviews for this hotel go from great to crap. I'm taking neutral ground for this hotel as there are good and bad
PROS... great rooftop bar to look over the city as well as 14th floor dining with views.
Clean and has a seperate kids pool next to ground floor bar
CONS.... poor location, hard to find. Set back in between crappy shops.
Decor & finish in rooms was confusing as to the style. Bathroom was pokey and frosty & won't please those a little claustrophobic. Poor maintenance.. doors didn't seal, front door wouldn't auto lock, mould on ceiling in bathroom and leaking taps.
Down stairs kids pool whilst adults on 14th floor means if you have toddlers, you can't swim at the same time & adult pool is only 1.2m deep. No good if you have a 2yo and a 10yo
This may have been an odd room so I'm leaving you to judge. But I think it would get a better rating from a couple of friends travelling that will appreciate the roof top.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2018

That was the worst hotel I have ever been to. I couldn't sleep one night, because there was a loud noise on the floor where they had put me - I think it was a generator. I aked them for a room change and they moved me to a room which was even closer to that noise (or another one that was even worse). The first hotel room was also very dirty with stains on the bed sheets. I had booked 5 nights, but after the second night without any sleep I wanted to cancel. Even though I had all those inconvienences and more costs of the spontaneous booking of another hotel, they made me pay a cancellation fee of 50 US Dollars! The hotel manager was the worst, he was very rude and unfriendly. Also the location of the hotel and the view from the room isn't that nice. You have to go a very dirty and dark street to arrive there from the Center with the Restaurants and bars.

Room tip: All the rooms on the flott in my prize category were loud and with un ugly view
  • Trip type: Travelled solo