1,377 results
All reviews sky bar the customer service manager russian market rooftop pool junior suite minute walk taxis are cheap river view family room breakfast buffet egg station star hotel clean rooms tour desk great view of the city reception staff stayed nights
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of March 2018 and found the hotel to be OK but not great.
As a family of 4 we had a 2 bedroom apartment which worked very well, spacious rooms and comfy beds.
My main issue was really with the location of the hotel and with the upkeep of the common areas such as the pool area.

The hotel is situated near the river front across a very busy road, it is tucked back down a very dingy side street which is a little threatening when you first arrive. One of our bedroom windows looked straight down onto the metal recycling area below - not an idyllic view!

In terms of the common areas, they none of them look anywhere near as pleasant as the photos suggest and consequently seem to get overlooked by guests. The pool area in particular was shabby and uninviting, furniture around the pool was falling apart - it was just not somewhere you would choose to spend time.

Don’t get me wrong, this hotel does what it needs to but if management looked at their establishment through their customers eyes they would see some fairly small improvements that could make a big difference.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Overall you'll notice the reviews for this hotel go from great to crap. I'm taking neutral ground for this hotel as there are good and bad
PROS... great rooftop bar to look over the city as well as 14th floor dining with views.
Clean and has a seperate kids pool next to ground floor bar
CONS.... poor location, hard to find. Set back in between crappy shops.
Decor & finish in rooms was confusing as to the style. Bathroom was pokey and frosty & won't please those a little claustrophobic. Poor maintenance.. doors didn't seal, front door wouldn't auto lock, mould on ceiling in bathroom and leaking taps.
Down stairs kids pool whilst adults on 14th floor means if you have toddlers, you can't swim at the same time & adult pool is only 1.2m deep. No good if you have a 2yo and a 10yo
This may have been an odd room so I'm leaving you to judge. But I think it would get a better rating from a couple of friends travelling that will appreciate the roof top.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2018

That was the worst hotel I have ever been to. I couldn't sleep one night, because there was a loud noise on the floor where they had put me - I think it was a generator. I aked them for a room change and they moved me to a room which was even closer to that noise (or another one that was even worse). The first hotel room was also very dirty with stains on the bed sheets. I had booked 5 nights, but after the second night without any sleep I wanted to cancel. Even though I had all those inconvienences and more costs of the spontaneous booking of another hotel, they made me pay a cancellation fee of 50 US Dollars! The hotel manager was the worst, he was very rude and unfriendly. Also the location of the hotel and the view from the room isn't that nice. You have to go a very dirty and dark street to arrive there from the Center with the Restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: All the rooms on the flott in my prize category were loud and with un ugly view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank mini567
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Outstanding service, caring staff and fantastic facilities.

After 2 months of staying in hostels I decided to treat myself to one night in a hotel. I chose sunland and am so happy I did. I arrived upset after being scammed and yelled at by a taxi driver and the staff were phenomenal. They were so caring and genuinely friendly and made sure I was OK. They went the extra mile to ensure that I had a good stay including a breakfast voucher, advice for future transport and a number to call if I had any more trouble.

The sky bar is excellent, the service there was 10/10. My room was clean and extremely comfortable with a soft bed and great shower pressure which was an absolute luxury after hostels! The food in the restaurant was also very nice - especially the chicken tacos.

Thank you to all the staff, I would definitely stay here again if I decide to splash out again in future :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Hannah M
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We started our SE Asia trip in Vietnam and wish we had more time there! We covered A LOT of ground and just loved our experience. Sunland hotel was the perfect place for us: great location, offered breakfast, comfortable rooms, excellent views. The pool was a bit under kept but it did not bother us - this is a BUDGET hotel people!! Do not expect the world when you are paying budget prices - even in SE Asia ;) The food was awesome - so much selection and absolutely delicious!! We felt like we could easily communicate and the staff was super friendly. We were able to book tours for the Mekong directly from the front desk and found the prices to be very fair. I would definitely recommend this hotel to travelers on a budget. You can't go wrong here!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple