1,375 results
All reviews sky bar the customer service manager russian market rooftop pool junior suite minute walk taxis are cheap river view family room breakfast buffet egg station star hotel clean rooms tour desk great view of the city reception staff stayed nights
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Outstanding service, caring staff and fantastic facilities.

After 2 months of staying in hostels I decided to treat myself to one night in a hotel. I chose sunland and am so happy I did. I arrived upset after being scammed and yelled at by a taxi driver and the staff were phenomenal. They were so caring and genuinely friendly and made sure I was OK. They went the extra mile to ensure that I had a good stay including a breakfast voucher, advice for future transport and a number to call if I had any more trouble.

The sky bar is excellent, the service there was 10/10. My room was clean and extremely comfortable with a soft bed and great shower pressure which was an absolute luxury after hostels! The food in the restaurant was also very nice - especially the chicken tacos.

Thank you to all the staff, I would definitely stay here again if I decide to splash out again in future :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Hannah M
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We started our SE Asia trip in Vietnam and wish we had more time there! We covered A LOT of ground and just loved our experience. Sunland hotel was the perfect place for us: great location, offered breakfast, comfortable rooms, excellent views. The pool was a bit under kept but it did not bother us - this is a BUDGET hotel people!! Do not expect the world when you are paying budget prices - even in SE Asia ;) The food was awesome - so much selection and absolutely delicious!! We felt like we could easily communicate and the staff was super friendly. We were able to book tours for the Mekong directly from the front desk and found the prices to be very fair. I would definitely recommend this hotel to travelers on a budget. You can't go wrong here!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Arrived and was asked for a spare $300 to book a normal room as my booking was for one and capsule.
The staff are not friendly at all.
Great views from the rooftop, the pool is small and often packed with no seats left.
Decent breakfast.
Not many restaurants and a good 15 min walk to the market, shops and action....

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Roof bar and its views are amazing. Pool is nice too, Great asian buffet breakfast. Room was nice - great bed and a very interesting bathroom style! staff friendly and helpful, as are the garage attendants. Location great for exploring District 1 and the rest of the city by foot or by bike.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HCIM90
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Good hotel:helpful staff easy to book tours
Good breakfast:different each day lots of variety
Good views :we love the sky bar
Good location:lots of places to eat within an easy walking distance
Would stay again if we were to come back

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends