1,116 results
All reviews shuttle bus the executive lounge buffet restaurant fourth floor rooftop pool booked this hotel tour desk an excellent hotel the hotel manager club room ben thanh market district city vietnam saigon taxis tours
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Let me start off by saying that I've traveled a fair bit around the world, and stayed in a lot of hotels. Through those experiences, i started to gain a better sense of what to expect from a hotel, and my 2 week stay at The Windsor Plaza hotel definitely exceeded my expectations and made my vacation in Ho Chi Minh City so much better.

The hotel is very luxurious and in a pretty good location (if you disagree, you can take one of their shuttle buses that leave the hotel every hour to district 1 for free, which i found convenient). They even have a nice little supermarket, and shopping area within the hotel to purchase clothes, shoes, purses, souvenirs, etc. (which my brothers made good use of... a lot). They also had a couple restaurants in their hotel that i really loved, and surprisingly, had no complaints about (because i tend to be a very pick eater). Their spa and massage area was pretty nice as well. I really liked their hair salon where i got a pretty sweet haircut by a very friendly man. They have a swimming pool that's on the top floor of the hotel, outside, which is really enjoyable on nice days, as well as another restaurant up there. Although the pool may seem a bit small, it's actually not too bad considering it's free to go up there, and generally speaking it's usually empty so no need to worry about capacity. Their nightclub was a lot of fun, and they had great deals when we were there (ie. buy one BOTTLE of Johnnie walker, and get one free, not sure if they still have this promotion, but it was awesome).I don't remember much that night, but i know i had an amazing time.

The bedrooms we were in were pretty spacious, well kept, clean, and air conditioned nicely, with every little necessity to expect (except free internet which is my only complaint).

But the thing i really liked most about this hotel would definitely be the staff there. Before i stayed at the Windsor Hotel, i was at another hotel (that wont be named because it was just terrible) and long story short, the hotel was so crummy, that i got my leg cut, and had to go to the hospital, and pay $100 CAD for stitches on my leg which resulted in not being able to go to the beach and walk with a limp for a few days. Anyways for the duration of my stay at the windsor, i was helped out by 2 very beautiful, and lovely employees whom seemed to go beyond their regular duties to make me feel very welcomed, comfortable, and taken care of. These two employees i believe were named Nhien, and Thao (im also terrible with remembering names, so the fact that i happened to remember these two extremely helpful individual's names should count for something). Not only did they'd ALWAYS help me with my wound by escorting me to the onsite doctor, and nurse (who were really nice people too) to help get my cuts cleaned, bandaged replaced, and even stitches taken out, but they would always make sure that i was okay, and ask if i needed anything at all. They speak very good English, and would always help translate between me and the doctor, as well as teaching me a little Vietnamese on the side.

I wont ever forget the excellent treatment i received by the staff there at the windsor, and i can safely say that because of those 2 employees, i definatly will be coming back to Ho Chi Minh City, and having another stay at their hotel. I highly recommend at least spending a few nights if not your whole trip, comfortably at this hotel if you dont believe how great it really is. Definitely coming back and recommending this place to all my friends.

I've also never written a review of anything ever before in my life so the fact that im actually spending an afternoon typing out this long review, should play to how much i really enjoyed this hotel. I also hope that those 2 ladies whom showed me excellent vietnamnese hospitality gain some sort of reward or recognition for making my trip an absolute pleasure.

Cheers from Canada.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2010

Well are all still rejoicing over your supurb review of our Hotel. We at Windsor Plaza Hotel strive to make every guest feel and be treateated like a V.I.P why because we want to shave our Vietnamese hostitality and more than that friendship. You obvious discovered this during your stay in all areas of our Hotel, but you highlighted one very important feature,our staff, we select the best to serve you so the memory will not fade. Our thanks, and I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 July 2010

Windsor Plaza is horrible. They will try to rip-off your money with unexpected additional charges, once you have checked in. There is a reason why the room rates at Windsor are cheaper than other 5 star hotels in HCMC. In the outside, Windsor looks like a 5 star hotel, but in the inside it isn’t; the hotel has no class, no moral and no decency. Our family stayed for two nights in the executive room. The hotel spa & massage was our worst experience ever. The spa & massage staff is not professionel masseurs but dirty prostitutes. Watch out for sex disease! The rooftop pool is very small and dirty and our children were so disappointed. Windsor Plaza in HCMC is an awful hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank kanin18
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2010

It was indeed disturbing to read your review of your stay with us. The areas you highlighted, will of course be addressed. We always try our best to give the best possible service, however on this occasion we did not,. There are no hidden charges at our Hotel, perhhaps this was a communication problem, never the less we apoligise for the inconveniece you suffered.

Reviewed 6 July 2010

Arrived late after a long flight and as they had not responded to my email requesting pick up we booked a taxi through the airport facilities. Cost about $20.00 for two of us.

Check in was easy and were in our rooms within a few minutes which is always good especially when your son is nearly falling asleep on his suitcase. Room amenities were great with comfortable beds, adjustable airconditioning and pillows that are not rock hard.

Buffet breakfast was good with lots of selections to choose from. Not real keen on Vietnamese coffee so the filter coffee was a welcome relief. Staff in the restaurant were extremely friendly. Dinner was a buffet and you can select from the ala carte which was just ok but there are limited options in and around the hotel.

Tour desk was a bit hit and miss. We wanted to book a bus from Saigon to PP but he told us he could not help us and directed us to a travel agent down town which we could not find so we ended up using another one located near Sinh travel. Due to their poor service level from the tour desk we decided not to book any other tours through them and used local agencies which all worked well.

Windsor Plaza is located in Chinatown so needed to use a taxi or courtesy bus but it is only a few minutes out of the cbd so quick and cheap to get around.

Think next time we might stay in closer to the cbd. On our first visit we stayed at the Parkroyal which is near the airport as we were on an early morning flight and our stay there was extremely nice. We also visited the Grand and had lunch and a swim in their pool which was a lovely relief from the heat.

2  Thank millsie58
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2010

Thank you so much for review of your stay. As regards to the non pick up at the Airport that indeed was not good and has been addressed. Our Shuttle Bus is a plus to move you into the CBD at no charge. All comments are valuable to us and you can assured they taken to the highest level Again our thanks.

Reviewed 3 July 2010

Although Windsor Plaza is located in Chinatown, the free hourly shuttle made it easy to get downtown in 20 minutes. We used it to get back to the hotel, as well. The pick-up was reliable and ran until 11pm.
We stayed on the executive floor and had free internet access (you need a laptop), and free wifi in the lounge on the 24th floor. The lounge on the 24th floor also had complimentary drinks and snacks from 5pm to 7pm.
The beds were very comfortable, and the rooms were quiet, so we slept very well. My 11 year old son loved the games room where he could play Wii and X-Box with a good selection of games available.
My daughter and I had massages and manicures in the Spa and loved every minute of it. Take the escalator down from the fourth floor and there is a large market under the hotel with several ATMs and a supermarket.
There was a rooftop pool and there was a beautiful view when you looked over the edge. There was a gym and sauna as well, which looked fantastic.
The service was great from the second we stepped in the door.
Last but not least, the breakfast buffet had a good selection of fruit, cereal, bread and spreads, in addition to eggs, bacon, noodles, sausages, etc.

1  Thank Randi V

We were delighted to read your review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Sometimes it is difficult to know how our guests react to their stay, so reviews such as yours are most valuable. Thank you for choosing Windsor Plaza Hotel and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 June 2010

Great Staff, good location, mini bus service fantastic but well locted in terms of taxi fares in to town. Great mall attatched ( u have to look hard but there are good bargins to be had) this market next door far less of a tourist trap.
Hug rooms, amazing breakfast. helpful staff. Very clean. staff falling over themselves to ensure your every whim is taken care of. very happy here would 100% stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business