1,106 results
All reviews shuttle bus the executive lounge shuttle service buffet restaurant fourth floor rooftop pool hotel guests the hotel offers booked this hotel tour desk an excellent hotel club room mekong delta ben thanh market district city vietnam
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I've stayed in this hotel for 4 days. I booked a deluxe room but upon arrival the receptionist told me that I can upgrade to Executive suites with USD 25 difference per night and I got it. The room was large, A/C was good. And no noise at all. It was very comfortable. Also the beverages in minibar were free of charge plus I could give two pieces for laundry everyday for free. Also free cable internet in the room. But the speed is very very slow. Overall I can recommend this hotel to businessmen and families.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
WindsorPlaza, Norbert Meyer, Rooms Division Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences and providing us your feedback.
We are very pleased that the room you have selected on the executive level and the attached benefits have met your needs and expectations and that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you once again and we are looking forward welcoming you next time in Saigon.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here for only two nights on our return to Ho Chi Minh (not enough) We stayed in an executive room well worth the extra few dollars with loads of extras ,free net executive lounge ,2 hour happy hour with free drinks and food, late check out 4pm,free mini bar ,paper etc.ALL the staff were very friendly and helpful.The hotel is a little out of the way but with a free shuttle bus and such cheap taxis this proved to be a bonus.We will without doubt be returning to Vietnam and when we do we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for an executive room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
WindsorPlaza, Rooms Division Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Thank you very much for your indeed "very nice" comment.
We are very pleased that you have enjoyed our tailor made executive room offer and that all attached benefits met your expectations fully. Please feel free to contact us any time if you are planning your next trip to Ho Chi Minh City.
We will be delighted to welcome you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

My husband, toddler, and I stayed here for three nights while we toured Saigon. The hotel is decorated in a very Chinese style, so if you're looking for a more Vietnamese feel, this may not be it.

Customer service was excellent. They gave us an early check-in without a problem. We had a non-smoking room as requested. Security in the hotel is very good...you need to swipe your key in the elevator in order to reach your room. I would have felt comfortable staying here if I had been traveling alone.

They provided a baby bed upon request. However, it was definitely not up to American safety standards, so if you have a very young baby, consider traveling with a pack n play.

The breakfast buffet was excellent and extensive, with something for everyone. Good juice selection for my daughter and plenty of cold cereal/granola, fresh fruit, etc. We got room service every night (baby goes to bed early), and were very pleased. There were plenty of Western selections in addition to the Vietnamese cuisine. The food was delicious.

I have to say, the hotel is not located very close to the typical sightseeing locations. But the hotel offers a free shuttle that was very convenient and had drop-off locations at the major sights. We had a delightful stay here!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 3foxes

Thank you very much for posting and sharing your feedback.
We all are more than happy that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us generally, that the level of security was efficient for you, the room, restaurants and other facilities were meeting your expectations.
However, the greatest compliment is, that you have rated our customer service as excellent. since it is our philosophy, combining excellent guest service with typical Vietnamese hospitality.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

I stayed here with my mom twice on our cross country tour of Vietnam. The Windsor Plaza is a modern and beautifully decorated hotel near the center of Ho Chi Minh City. It offers an excellent view of the city from it's rooftop bar/restaurant. It also has two other restaurants in the hotel. The hotel staff were friendly, knowledgeable and extremely accommodating with our needs. They also offer hourly shuttle service to District 1 in HCMC to Ben Thahn Market and to four associated restaurants. This allowed us free and safe access center of the city where we could walk to most of the major attractions and a ride back to the hotel until 11:00pm. Our room was clean and stylish and offered all of the modern conveniences. My only minor complaint is that I wish that they would have offered WIFI acces in the rooms. The do offer paid broadband connection in the rooms and paid WIFI in the public areas of the hotel though. Overall I was extremely pleased with the hotel and will definitely recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Thank you very much for providing us your feedback and sharing your experiences with many other travelers. We are very delighted that you have really enjoyed our hotel including all our facilities as well as our 4 outlets in district 1. Providing a personalized service with the typical Vietnamese charm and many choices of outlets and services is our way to make our guests feeling and staying always comfortable with us.
We would be more than happy, welcoming you again when traveling to Vietnam in future.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Definitely not a 5 stars, even by Asian standards. I'd say a 4 stars and perhaps with vast improvements on the following, maybe, just maybe a 4.5 stars.

Room (executive 24th floor) - Definitely aged, but bed was comfy, room size, bath size was roomy. They used 1 huge square pillow which was too large to sleep on or hug on even for my 260lb size. The other pillow was too soft and too low for a proper neck posture.

Room service - ask for bucket of ice, arrives in average to slow timing.

Restaurant - buffet on 4th floor cafe was average. Nothing to shout about, nothing major to complaint too.

WIFI - There is no wireless in the rooms (only the public area). This was quite a turn-off considering a lot of small hotels has wifi everywhere in the room.

Executive lounge - Basic, has the bare minimum. Variety of the evening cocktails were very limited. And the greatest turn-off is the number of Chinese (I myself am a Chinese but I'm from Singapore) as its close to the Chinatown. There are a large number of Taiwanese, Mainland Chinese and Hong Kongers that found their way to the lounges. Not sure if the staff checked. They talk very loudly and the hotel staff made no effort to quiet them down, even after my feedback. So if you're used to the quiet, posh lounges in most part of Europe and America for you to relax after a long day, this is definitely NOT the lounge you'll want to be in.

Lounge staff - Average standard, 1 lady was particularly rude and uncompromising when my kid tried to bring a glass of milk out of the lounge. The guy who took care of my check-in insisted that the 1 way airport transfer was not included and only accepted after I asked him to check with reservation staff. And during check-out, the same guy made the same comments (about no complimentary transfer) again!

Concierge, Doormen, Bellboy - I have not seen a smile on any of them during my 4 nights stay, if I can recall.

Shuttle service to town - This is probably the only reason why people stayed here, other than to be in close proximity to Chinatown (remember the noise?) or any place in particular. The shuttle service was good, on time mostly and 1 driver was very courteous and polite.

An Dong plaza and An Dong market - Nothing much to buy for a man and boy. I'd say 90% of the goods are women's' clothing and accessories.

Room Tip: Plenty of choices elsewhere. Look at district 1.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LorenzSingapore

Thank you very much for your indeed very constructive feedback.
I am very sorry, that you had reason to give us also some points with which you were not happy.
We have internally discussed and addressed these issues with the concerned departments in order to resolve and improve this.
Thank you very much once again.