“Don't stay here!!!”

Golden View Hotel Saigon
Ranked #481 of 1,000 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I needed a room for a night in between flights. Stayed here as it was close to the airport.

Upon arrival the receptionist was rude, made us pay for the room which was fine but then wouldn't give us our change until will demanded it. They gave us the key without giving any instruction on where our room was.

We got to our room, it was dirty and looked like it hadn't been cleaned. The mattress was awful (you could feel every spring) and we did not feel safe.

We went out to get something to eat and the receptionist asked for our key to which I responded why and then she let us pass. All very dodgy.

All in all I wouldn't stay here, bad experience completely.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura C

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

I arrived here yesterday and was greeted with, you pay now? Straight away I felt uncomfortable by the staff, especially the older woman, the room was okay. On checkout I was demanded to pay $10000 dong for the water I had thought was complementary, not such a big deal, but the service was very poor, asked for a cab and the male staff assistant told me it was free, yeah right! well at least I got a green can instead of some bodgey driver charging a fortune.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2016

I stayed here for 1 night as I had a late flight in to Ho Chi Minh and an early flight leaving for Da Lat next morning. I booked a Studio Apartment at Luxury Apartment but they were overbooked and brought me to their sister property Golden View Hotel. The room is rather small, basic and bare. There was no toilet paper in the room, I wanted to call Reception but the phone is not even working.
When I asked for a receipt during check-out (I had 2 bottles of water for VND 20000), the guy at the Reception was rather rude and impatient, even asked me why do I need a receipt for.
At USD 24/night with 2 ways airport transfer included, I guess it's probably ok for a short overnight stay. But I rather not stay here again and would look for other options.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I arrived late due to a plane issue and had this hotel just for a stopover night as it's close to the airport.
Was a big mistake.

I arrived, they were bureaucratic and did want to have this & that for a night that was already to short.

On the next morning I paid cash as supposed (if you have a reservation via booking.com, credit card is just for security and will be charged if you do not arrive).
After I paid, the hotel manager? arrived, and said they already charged my credit card.
I complaint, otherwise I would have Vietnamese Dong left, so I had to discuss, finally they took the cash, gave me a bill and promised to cancel the credit card transaction.
In fact, they didn't, and my 5hour night was now twice as expensive.
Now I have to check how I can get my money back.

Never, never, a hotel charged my credit card while I was sleeping there.
Never without asking me.
Never without physically having the card.

This is absolute no go,

and please stay in another place if you don't want to have hassle afterwards.

I would have rather stayed on the airport than in this place.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

For $20, I needed a hot shower, a bed (& AC) and a fast walk to the airport. Mission accomplished.
Very simple, rock hard bed & even though agoda says there is a shuttle, there's not - but if you don't have a ton of luggage you can walk in 10 minutes.
The receptionist spoke good English too, if that's important

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo