“Great boutique hotel stay in Ho Chi Minh”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ono Saigon Hotel

Ono Saigon Hotel
Ranked #26 of 835 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Great boutique hotel stay in Ho Chi Minh”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Hotel is located in a back alley at the traffic junction roundabout and it's dark walking to the hotel at night. However, rest assured that it's safe. The house owners and street stall vendors are friendly and helpful. The hotel is managed by one lady called Rose and 3 young staff. They are all able to communicate in simple English. As a big group staying at the hotel, we were fortunate to experience different room type i.e. standard room and deluxe room. Personally I preferred the deluxe room as the room is more spacious.

The downside of the hotel would be the toilet. Some of the room encountered drainage problem which we informed the staff and they tried to help but not quite successful. This is not the hotel fault but the whole city drainage issue. Secondly, the water heater is powered by solar power and that's a problem of no hot water during raining days.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. Thanks Rose and staff of Ono Saigon.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Azumi_June

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 26 July 2012

All the basics that you will need are here - clean room, good location, friendly/helpful staff. The room is big enough for 2. The bed, the shower, your stuffs are not cramped up. The staff helped show directions and printed us a map. The hotel though is not easily seen on the road as it is in the back but just a short walk. Nearby shops include Mango, Quicksilver, Pedro, etc. Wrap N Roll (modern Viet resto) is also near the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 11 days from May 28-June 8, 2012
This hotel is located at the start of Nguyen Trai Street near the rotunda, inside a little alley; it's dark at night but don't let that discourage you. The hotel is extremely clean, Ms. Rose Ha and her young staff are extremely helpful and energetic. The rooms are spacious (the deluxe room is good for two people) and clean; there is no breakfast service but there are plenty of nearby eating places. Pho Hung is just around the corner and Banh Cuon at Ly Tu Trong Street, both within walking distance. There are plenty of restaurants along Nguyen Trai Street . Din Ky and ShiFu Dimsum,Tan Hai Van, Com Tam Cali, and Pho 99 , Mon Hue, Wrap and Rolls are just down the road
I got a room on the fifth floor facing the street, but it was so quiet I couldn't believe it. No street noise or construction sounds got into the room at all.
The bed was comfortable and firm, bathroom was small but clean and had a door separating the shower area.
I will definitely stay in this hotel when I return to Saigon.
Tips: Parallel to Nguyen Trai Street, there is a street named Le Thi Rieng. There are two restaurants there which I highly recommend; one is Bistro 48, which serves French food but you have to be there early because the place is small and always packed. The other is Quan Ganh which serves barbecued pork hash from Nha Trang; the prices are very reasonable and the food is good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 9 July 2012

the hotel is relatively new hotel and all its rooms are very clean. it is also very near the market area which makes its location good. i requested for a non ground floor room, unfortunately, there are no more rooms available. the manager was very nice and gave us a free airport transfer from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JudyBUBU
Montgomery Village, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Ono was (and will be) my home away from home during my stay in HCMC. For the past several years I visited Vietnam couple of times, each time staying about 4-6 weeks, this year was no exception as I stayed with Ono for 47 nights. Needing to find a place that I could relax in comfort and feel welcome by the staff I searched all over. It was fate that I chose Ono. It turned out that Ono was built on one of my old childhood home in Vietnam and the neighborhood in which the hotel is locate was where I spent most of my time as a kid playing soccer. It was just meant to be, Ono was literally my home and I could not be happier.

The following are just samples of some of the amazing services that earned the hotel its name as the One ‘N Only.

MANAGEMENT (Rose) – For two weeks prior to landing in Vietnam Rose maintained constant communication with me through emails. She was friendly, understanding, polite, courteous, sweet and is very smart. Her English skill is exceptional as she can both communicate in writing and speak near a fluent level. From my very first email Rose has been extremely helpful in making my six weeks stay in Vietnam with my girlfriend magical. When we checked in at around 1:00 AM Rose surprised us by upgrading our room to the VIP Suite for the first couple of nights. Not only that she had arranged the room with romantic candles, rose petals, and a bouquet of roses for my girlfriend as it was our anniversary that night. Thanks to Rose my girlfriend and I had an unbelievable and unforgettable first night in HCMC. Another quick note about Rose, throughout my stay whether I was away in Nha Trang, Da Lat or somewhere else in Vietnam Rose was just a text message away whenever I needed her. To Rose: You care so much about your guest, you take the extra step and make the extra effort to provide for those staying with Ono and for that I thank you very much. You are an excellent manager but more importantly you are a friend. Keep up the awesome work with Ono em and I can’t wait to see you (and The Ono Team) next year! A va chi cam on e rat nhieu.

STAFF (Hop, Phung, and Tam) – Friendly, helpful and polite are just some of the words to describe the staff at Ono. They greet you with a smile and they are always there to provide assistance whenever you call or ask. It is because of them that guests staying at Ono feel welcome.

I still remember my first interaction with Hop… the night before I had stepped on candles and got wax all over my leather boots I called down and asked if there were any shoes repair store nearby. Hop responded to the call and told me he will take care of it for me and within minutes Hop was on the 7th floor knocking on my door. He politely addressed the problem and asked if he can take the shoes from me to get it repair. About 15 minutes later Hop came back with my boots buffed, shined, and looking like it just came out of the box. I was wowed!

At the front desk for most of the day is Phung, a friendly, soft spoken and sweet Vietnamese girl. To me she seems to be the rock that holds the staff team together. Phung was very proactive in handling a problem I had with the laundry service people. My clothes were packaged and delivered with clothes belonging to another guest. Phung got to the bottom of the cause, tracked down my missing clothes in Da Nang and had it shipped back to the hotel immediately. Once again I was wowed!

Along with Hop, Tam monitors the hotel during the evening and night shift. A friendly and helpful person Tam made good impressions on me each and every time he insist on helping me park my motorbike or bring it out of the garage. I remember one late evening my girlfriend was craving for some stir-fried corns but unfortunately we didn’t have any cash on us at the time, Tam came to the rescue and loan me money without hesitation which enables me to go get the corns which in turns satisfied my girlfriend craving… Tam wowed me when he went above and beyond his duties to help me out.

Mot lan nua a va chi cam on em Phung, Hop va Tam. Hen nam sau gap lai nhe hi :]

From the management to the staff and from my first night experience to the last Ono has given me many reasons to post my very first review on Tripadvisor. If you read this far I thank you and I hope that after reading my review you will get in contact with Rose (http://www.facebook.com/onosaigon) and experience for yourself… your the decision to book Ono will have you saying “oh, yes!” afterward.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple