“Tasty, cheap food, good service”
Review of Baba's Kitchen

Baba's Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 3,246 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Saigon's favorite Indian restaurant!
Province of Alicante, Spain
“Tasty, cheap food, good service”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We eat a lot of Indian food in the UK, and this beats a lot of the ones in Brighton! In fact, all the Indian meals we have eaten in Vietnam have been great.

We visited twice and the daal was great, the chicken tikka masala was very tasty (although not as spicy as I would have liked, we asked for medium), and we had another chicken dish on our second visit that was actually a bit too spicy as I was trying to make up for last time. However, this was my fault as I asked for it to be really spicy and they brought us some raita which was very appreciated.

Found the waiters to be really friendly, and we appreciated the free water and rice pudding that you get at the end.

2 rice, chicken tikka masala, daal fry, 4 papadums, and naan came to 230. Amazing value. Really recommend

• Visited July 2012

• Vietnamese first
NYC
“Absolutely amazing food”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The food here is flat out fantastic! It is a small restaurant in the backpacking district. I was offered water and some food to nibble on before my waiter came to my table to get my order. I ordered the chicken65 as an appetizer, and chana in rice and the butter chicken for my main course. The chicken65 was amazing. It was served with some green sauce that perfectly accentuated the flavor of the chicken. The butter chicken was excellent. So much so, I had to order some nan bread to soak up all the wonderful juices. I have tasted a lot of Indian food in my life. And this ranks up there with the best I have ever had. The manager even took time out to come over and chat for awhile. And may I add that the meal was VERY inexpensive.

“We have to go back!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

We read the reviews & babas definitely lived up to the expectations! The food was incredible! The service not so good but it was extremely busy & the manager did apologise before we left. All in all, a great experience. We are going back for dinner tonight :)

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Brilliant food, great service.”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My partner and I have been to this restaurant many times, and it has never disappointed. Baba's easily outranks other Indian restaurants in HCMC for taste, value and service. Upstairs has a balcony and an air-conditioned area if you need to beat the heat.

Do not be fooled by it's location in the backpacker hub, or the low prices on the menu - everything about this place is a step above the rest.

They will cater for dietary requirements if you explain what you need - like many places in SEA not all of the ingredients are listed on the menu.

Adelaide, Australia
“Baba's a hidden treasure”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We read the reviews and were not disappointed. The food was fantastic and the staff very attentive. Located on busy Bui Vein Street it looked out to a bustling backpackers paradise. Prices were good and food very authentic and tasty. Great experience.