“Disappointing food and service”
Review of Ganesh

Ganesh
Ranked #143 of 4,385 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I was not impressed with Ganesh Ho chi Minh city.I was rushing for a meeting but squeezed some time from by busy schedule and traveled extra few Kms just to try food in Ganesh HCM. However I was disappointed with overall service and Food quality. I am big fan of Indian food and been to Ganesh Mui-Ne Vietnam more than 30 times.Most of the time I get great food and every time best services.I heard good reviews about Ganesh HCM and wanted to try at-least once.As soon as i entered in restaurant, I was expecting a cold towel ( normally at Ganesh Mui-ne they used to offer). I did not get any. Assuming they might have forgot and Ignoring this I quickly requested my favorite Vegetable Thali and Manogo Lassi. Out of my surprise food was bland. Especially Daal,mixVeg. The Naan too was not hot,Raita was tasting extra sour. Gulabjamun ideally should be severed hot. It was serviced cold to me. Overall food quality was extremely disappointing.The restaurant in-charge was not even bothered to come and check if food is good or getting feedback. I was extremely hungry so I finished my food paid and came back.

I went to Ganesh with very high hope and truly believed that In Vietnam Ganesh has best Indian taste and service.Even in Ganesh Dalat I had great service but Ganesh HCM was really disastrous.

I still expect that Ganesh will maintain a good standard in all their outlets like they maintain in Ganesh Mui-Ne.I can understand sometime on any bad day food may not be as per guest's expectations but it is extremely important that they maintain a good service quality and look after their guest's.In this case, I was disappointed on both parameters. Wish them good luck.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Just visited once but will definitely go back. It was very busy which is usually a good sign.

Poppadoms and pickle tray were good, garlic naan was huge and really tasty. Our group ordered 4 vegetarian mains, veg coconut curry, okra curry, chickpea curry and a some sort of potato curry which we all shared. Also a plate of onion bhajis to share. They all tasted great. I washed it all down with 2 tiger beers on draft. It cost about £6 pp. I think a very reasonable price for the meal.

100% will visit again.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Very good ambience and great food at Ganesh restaurant . Situated in Distt 1 , it's menu is cool . Staff is courteous and preparation is immaculate. The experience is very nice

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Ganesh has consistently maintained best standards both in service as well as food quality. By far the best Indian restaurant in the city...

1  Thank AbhainSaigon
Reviewed 27 February 2018

We were looking for an Indian Restaurant and Ganesh happened to be just around the corner from our hotel. The air condition helped on a hot humid evening.
We ordered vegetable, lamb and chicken curries. The dishes were all tasty and in good portions that we could not all finish. The staff were helpful and we did not have to wait for our dishes to arrive. Surprisingly the bill at the end was very reasonable at 35 US dollars for 4 including a tip.
If you are looking for an Indian curry then Ganesh is worth giving a try and it will not cost an arm and a leg