New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #54 of 342 Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Saigon Unseen is a new business on the scene with a view of taking people to places they aren't likely to see on a standard tour. Our concept is to show travelers a different side to Saigon, it's not always pretty but it is pretty amazing.Our aim is to provide a unique view that combines traveling on the back of a motorbike through the mayhem and chaos that are Saigon streets.At Saigon Unseen we now offer Motor Bike Tours, Walking Tours and Photography Tours, full details can be found on our website.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Los Angeles, California
“Great tour, great people and great city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

Like many, I chose this tour based on the reviews that I read on Trip Advisor.
I contacted Saigon Unseen via email prior to my arrival, set a date and time for the tour and Adam Hurley showed up right on time on his motorbike to show me around his adopted hometown.
Firstly, we chatted over a coffee and he produced a map [which he kindly left with me] to outline the sites we would visit, proposed an itinerary, asked me if there were any specific areas that I wanted to visit, and off we went.
For the next five hours, Adam took me [as I was surprisingly the only one that day] on a whirlwind, yet fascinating and exhaustive, tour of the city, from small neighborhood markets and temples to glittering new districts for the Vietnamese elite, as well as major sites [historically and architecturally speaking] with a few well-timed stops for picture taking, sampling of local food and drinks, or simply just to chill out in this madhouse of traffic that people call Saigon.
Taking this tour with Adam was not only extremely informative but also relaxed and unpretentious. By the end of the day, I truly felt part of this great city - maybe not pretty always, yet truly amazing thanks to the kind people who live there and who give it its pulse amidst this organized chaos.

Many thanks Adam and all the best for the New Year of the Dragon.
I will highly recommend you to anyone I meet!
Cheers

Visited January 2012
SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, 1 December 2015
Thanks for writing a review! Saigon is a great city, full of great people!

Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Nice discovery of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Careful and nice drivers took us around and from the slums to the new districts of the very rich, everything was in. Good breaks with local coffee and noudle soup lunch. The driving through the street markets is crazy, but memorable, and driving was feeling very safe in reference to the environment...

1 Thank Katharina19
SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, 1 December 2015
Thanks for writing a review! Nice to hear you liked discovering Saigon on the bikes. Its the best way!

Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Saigon no longer unseen!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Wow, what can I say? this is one of the best things I have ever done in Ho Chi Minh City.
I was a little hesitant at first about braving the traffic in Ho Chi Minh on the back of a motorbike driven by a complete stranger. But as it turned out, I had no cause to be concerned.
We visited places that are simply inaccessible by car. Consequently we saw things that we would not have normally seen.
The drivers had good English & were able to explain not just where we were, but a little of the history of the area as well. If you want to find out what Ho Chi Minh is really like from people who live there, this is the tour for you
Thankyou so much Mr Sau & Mr Song for a wonderful day.

Visited December 2011
SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, 1 December 2015
Thanks for writing a review! Saigon No Longer Unseen............I like that!

Adam @ Saigon Unseen
“Worth every penny - the best way to to experience this vast and changing city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

My girlfriend and I are just back from our Saigon Unseen tour - what can we say, in a word it was fantastic.

Sau and Xau (apologies if these are spelt wrong) were great drivers even if everyone else in Saigon seems not to be, my nervous girlfriend was put quickly at ease by the driving; and Sau's English and knowledge of the city was excellent.

It's hard to pick out the best bits as there were so many; highlights for us included the massive wholesale fish market, and the contrast of the new city against the old - which showed the sheer size of the place and the rate at which it is changing. Lunch place was also a good pick.

Thoroughly recommended.

SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, 1 December 2015
Thanks for writing a review and great to hear you loved Saigon!

Surrey, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Wonderful Introduction to HCMC/Saigon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

This was definitely one of the highlights to this great city. As advertised they showed us places that we would never have discovered on our own. We saw the city and it's many manifestations - rich and poor, religious sites, markets, sweat shops, and many interesting back alleys. The tour demonstrated how the urban landscape is changing and swallowing up the surrounding countryside and how people's lives are being disrupted by this change. This the one of the sad realities that often people are left to cope with decisions made by others. Our drivers had excellent skills so we always felt safe in the crazy traffic of Saigon. The city of 9 million has about 5 million motorbikes. We were taken to a very good authentic Saigon restaurant and we were the only tourists there. The trip was informative and the guides were able to communicate adequately. We fully support the philosophy of this company in giving employment opportunities to displaced young workers and giving them a chance to improve their language skills. It is a work in progress but as indicated they did a good job keeping us informed and answering our questions. We highly recommend doing this tour on the first day of your visit to Siagon.

Visited December 2011
SaigonUnseen, Owner at Saigon Unseen, responded to this review, 1 December 2015
Thanks for writing a review and great to hear you loved Saigon!