“Fantastic atmosphere”
Review of Nha Hang Ngon

Nha Hang Ngon
Ranked #269 of 4,048 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is a restaurant will a lot of buzz and character but not the best menu I have found in Ho Chi Minh city. It is reasonably priced and very central.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,503)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

great place with many different traditional vietnamese food.
lot of tourist and local guests as well. don’t miss it

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We went there twice during our 3 nights in Ho Chi Minh city! Food was fantastic and service was smooth. The restaurant was huge inside with many lush greens and a big fountain. We tried both Vietnamese and Thai cuisine and both were delightful. I enjoyed my ice coffee with ice cream that was served in a coconut shell. The smoothies were all delicious. Thai morning Glory and grilled Shrimp were our favorite. Also mango sticky rice was as authentic as the ones we tried in Hua Hin and Bangkok. The price of the food was very reasonable and you often get so full and content after the meal. I strongly recommend this restaurant to all foodies who are looking for some zesty local food! 5 stars a must!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This is a really pretty and obviously very popular restaurant in the city centre. You choose from an absolutely massive menu, arranged by food origin (Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, Chinese etc.). Our orders arrived quickly and were tasty.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The place is locally recommended but I also found it in TA. Mixed comments and I like to add mine.

The place is 10mins walk from Opera house or Opera museum. The setting is alfresco and open concept. Dessert stand is open for one to decide what to eat for the evening.

The ushers will bring you to your table and assigned waitress will use tablet type to order your food. They serve fast but there is no team work among the waitresses as I asked for chilli but the male waitress waited for the lady waitress near my area go serve me in a crowded house. Maybe they can improve the teamwork.

Food selection is gorgeous, you can pick from local Viet to Korean or Jap or Thai.

Service becomes bad after 8pm as long queues are outside and one is under pressure to clean and serve. We waited so long for our deep fried fish.

Ambience is nice... drop by if you have the time and the price is 20% more than average. So if a bowl of beef noodle is 60k vnd, it is selling 80k vnd there.