Saigon Odyssey Hotel
New World Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
USD 172
USD 128
  • Pool
InterContinental Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
USD 168
USD 163
PARKROYAL Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
USD 106
USD 98
Sofitel Saigon Plaza(Ho Chi Minh City)
USD 205
USD 74
USD 108
USD 90
  • Pool
Rex Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
USD 178
USD 124
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
USD 146
USD 139
Priceline
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
USD 380
USD 256
Priceline
All reviewsnice roomrooms are cleanvietnamese standardsback packersmekong deltasmall balconyvery nice hotelcu chi tunnelswithin walking distancelocation is excellenthotel is locatedmini barstreetsaigonbackpackersdistrictbugs
Reviewed 4 July 2017

This is probably one of the very few hotels I would stay whenever I travel to HCMC - which is quite often.

Having stayed at both the new wing and old, The former offers a much more comfortable stay, though it does not have a lift like the latter.

Breakfast is pretty basic, as one would expect for a hotel at this price.

It is smack in the middle of a backpackers area, so the noise levels and crowd can get pretty claustrophobic at times. However, all that disappears the moment you step into your room - its quiet and relatively comfy.

Staff here is extremely polite, by Vietnamese standards.

Room Tip: if given a choice, take the newer wing, if you have the stamina to climb stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2017

It's a good place the rooms are clean and the staff are more than helpful the location is excellent. Within walking distance of almost everything from markets to shopping malls and restruants.
Jenney (manager) represents CG travel On my first trip to Viet Nam Jenny arranged a three week trip for my friend and I from Saigon to Sappa. With stops in Da Lat, Na Trang , Halong Bay Hanoi and back.
After that a trip to Thailand

A month later another tour of Viet Nam this one was a month long.
Again Hotels, Flights , taxies, meals

I believe Jenney is one of the best travel agents you will ever find absoulutly meticulous every detail is in place.
Jenney stays in contact with you during your trip an makes sure everything runs like clockwork

Jenney and the Saigon Oddessy is absoulutly the best place to start your tour of Viet Nam.
Wheather You are an experienced traveller or an unexperienced traveller put Your care in Jenney's hands and I assure you You will have the adventure of a lifetime⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Room Tip: Book ahead
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

This place was terrible... A really poor housekeeping service with old and dirty sheets. The mattress was probably even harder than the ground itself. Not to mention the soundproofing, which doesn't exist at all... I was staying on the second floor of the main hotel (the one giving on the busy street). At night you could hear the noise coming from all the bars around as if you were in the bar... Even earplugs wouldn't suffice... Impossible to sleep for four nights.. The breakfast was poor, two dry slices of white bread, a Lipton tea (I though Asia was recognized for their good tea...), some chemical jam and a banana... The staff was not really reliable, except for the nice lady at desk. I was staying with two colleagues and one day I left the hotel last and gave the key to the receptionist guy. When my colleagues came back later the key wasn't there. Worst, the door was open. They checked that nothing was missing and finally though I left the hotel with it and weren't really worried. When they told me to close the door behind and to leave the key at the reception desk (which I did) I realized that someone had entered the room. When I left the room was already clean do their were absolutely no reason for them to get into the room... With some luck nothing was missing and the key "magically" reappeared in the evening... It may be just some "detail" but you must be aware that Saigon is not a safe city, especially for tourist people. One of my colleague had her bag violently stolen with passport and other stuff in it, and another had his smartphone stolen in front of the Hotel... So yes a room wide open for hours when anyone can enter the hotel, you may have some bad surprises... I was lucky nothing of my belongings were stolen, as I had a laptop of high value, a go pro camera, cash money, passport, etc...
In a nutshell, avoid this dirty, noisy, and unreliable place... I know the rate is low, I had no choice as it was booked by my company, but for the same rate or just a bit higher you can find much more comfortable and safer...

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

We spent a few nights at the Saigon Odyssey at the end of our trip to Vietnam. They were super helpful and friendly, storing some of our gear for a few nights while we rented a motorbike and went down to the Mekong. Nice clean room and good location.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel was not good. It was a bit old and keep in mind that they have no elevators. The front office of the hotel was in a different street than the hotel was, apparently they have two hotels. Staff was not very kind or helpful ether. If you want to party and stay here for two nights it is ok, although it is in a very touristic area (which you can see on the menus (prices)). I would not recommend this place, I think you can have more value for the money.

Stayed: January 2017