“I went there with 4 of my friends, ordered meal and drinks.”
Review of Le Bistro Des Amis - CLOSED

Le Bistro Des Amis
Description: French restaurant, with salades, sandwichs, meals Conviviality and advice on vietnam insured
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Really great time there. Food is really good. They have Pastis, good thing for a French like me.

The manager is really welcoming, nice talks with him.

1  Thank Armand F

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Such a wonderful staff and food. Meals and drinks are cheap. Quality of the food is excellent. If you have any questions about the city or any questions in general, the staff will go out of their ways to help you. I ended up eating there almost everyday i was in Ho Chi Minh! Would definitely recommand! Keep on the good work guys!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I have eaten here a few times now. Whilst I love Vietnamese food, it is really nice to have a change now and again. Le Bistro des Amis provides good quality food at affordable prices.
Laurent is always very welcoming - even when busy. You see a group of French regular customers - which has to be a good sign.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Sack the guy who does the cooking. Allegedly his first day and I hope it'll be his last. No self-respecting Frenchman would allow such atrocious food to be served. Vietnam has some truly great French-style baguettes so why this place serves limp and horrible ones, goodness knows. No way was it butter inside either - tasted sweet, slimy and synthetic. The chips were undercooked and floppy.

The Vietnamese waitress speaks so little English she has no idea what you're ordering even if you point to it on the menu so she went back and forth between the table and the guy behind the counter - who was too darned lazy to come over and help - before my order was made. Then she went and back and forth again to complete the order as she'd still not understood it so a member of staff sitting chatting to customers came to assist. Then she went back and forth several times more to deliver salt and ketchup.

The bill when it came contained items not even ordered. The guy at the counter - who still didn't bother to come to the table - tried to help the waitress but sent her back with another wrong version, overcharging me. I had to ask for the menu and show the waitress the prices before I finally paid the correct price.

Go to a Vietnamese Bahn Mi stall and pay 20VND for a fabulous baguette instead of 85 for a truly nasty one here.

I was tired and hungry so I ate it. It would've taken forever to try and explain to the staff how awful it was and try to get the issues rectified given they can't understand even the basic menu and cooking.

1  Thank KimGales
Laurent J, Propriétaire at Le Bistro Des Amis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear KimGales

Thank you for your feedback.
We take the opinion of our customers very seriously and I took notes of your comments.
Unfortunately, I was not there when you got served. I will make sure to meet with my team and share with them the feedback you had. I will also make a new training with them to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Again, I would like to offer my apologizes for the inconvenience you have experienced and I would be happy to serve you again in the near future.

Regarding the quality, I am aware that everyone can judge. Though, you can have a look at all my previous comments and they are pretty positive when it comes to the food but I respect your opinion.

Please visit us again and we will be happy to invite you personally for a drink and share our apologizes in person. Ask for Laurent please!

The team at Le Bistro des Amis

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

A very very good place to eat and have a drink in a friendly location.
The boss lolo is great and very welcoming, familiar with the Viet Nam it gives plenty of advice to people wishing to discover the Viet Nam off the tourist track.
It is a place really to discover I can't wait to go back.