“great staff”
Review of Seventy Hotel

Seventy Hotel
Ranked #187 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Clean rooms, the small ones are small ! But that is all you need, You get a good breakfast included. A bigger room with 2 beds is $35 the others are $22-$24. You'll love how the showers work ...the whole bathroom gets wet ! Air conditioning is amazing after sweating all day. Have travelled in Laos and Cambodia and returned here for 3 separate stays.

Room Tip: make sure you book ahead it's always full. www.seventyhotel.com
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 February 2012

The location is the big winner here. It's right in the middle of District 1 and most of the sights are within walking distance. The hotel also offers great value for money and although it was a little small, we had everything we needed. The guy on night shift was helpful and gave us useful information for our stay in Saigon. A great place to stay while in Ho Chi Minh City!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We arrived at this hotel after a disasterous bus ride from Hoian and as this was going to be our last hotel we would stay in Vietnam I booked a superior room as a treat for my partner and I. I was really looking forward to it afer reading all the amazing reviews on Tripadvisor.

When we arrived we were given the only room overlooking the reception area. The two windows in the room were double glazed but you could still hear all the noise from the street coming in trough the open door of the hotel. You could also hear everything that was going on at the front desk, breakfast area and travel desk. One late night we asked them to close the front door and the receptionist looked absolutely puzzled over the idea but closed it eventualy.

The sink in the bathroom was bloked and we had to ask the receptionist several times to send somebody up with a plunger. Every time we passed the reception the female receptionist was on Facebook and eating someting, also when speaking to the guests which I thought was very rude. The third time we asked, somebody came up but my partner had to show him how to use the plunger!

All in all the hotel in convinently located in the 'backpacker district' and the beds are quite comfortable but just don't stay in room 101.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This was my First stay here and defiantly not my last!

We arrived in Vietnam late after a delayed flight and some lost luggage, taxied straight to district 1 and got dropped off near the Crazy Buffalo bar, we walked down the road and the first hotel we went into was the Seventy hotel. Not being convinced that this was the best deal we could find, we went walking a bit further and ended up coming back to Seventy Hotel.

The biggest selling point was the staff!! There english was good, and Wow they were so friendly! The owner checked us in and offered us a welcome drink!

This is not the cheapest hotel around, you can defiantly find cheaper, but the service at this place well out weighs the price!

The breakfast is good, but i would recommend convincing the 2 girls at the tour desk to order breakfast for you from the little lady on her push bike! They usually arrive for work at 815am with breakfast arriving for them shortly after, it's worth telling them the night before that you will have what they are eating, the best way to try some authentic local food! Simply awesome! I think it cost us about $5USD for a feast for 2! There are plenty of restaurants around so no problem finding some great food!

The girls at the tour desk booked us a driver to take us to Cu Chi Tunnels for $60USD ($10USD each for the 6 of us) This is defiantly the way to do the tunnels as you can get the driver to stop as often as you like on the way there and back, no uncomfortable bus rides!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank shartley11
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Awesome hospitality :)

The hotel itself is relatively basic hotel but very clean, good appliances & secure. I took the top floor room which is a double with big balcony - the penthouse! Excellent for a couple, nice room, modern appliances and for Bui Vien, its great. A little noisy due to the late night music but thats Bui Vien...

Honestly, the girls at reception are what make this place - outstanding hospitality & always trying to help. I had my iPhone stolen and they took me to the police station ensuring I did not wait in line. I was invited to join them eating regularly & simply put, just very helpful. They had good contacts, I used taxi's through them etc...

This was the first place I came on arrival to Vietnam so it was great to ease into the chaos with excellent hospitality.

Will see the girls again soon as I am moving to Saigon. You know who I am x

Room Tip: Choose the penthouse ;)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo