“Superb !!!”

Ranked #66 of 593 Hotels in Hanoi
Singapore
“Superb !!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed in this very beautiful hotel from 24 - 26 Feb 2012. It was one of the nicest hotels I've every stayed. Staff are very helpful and the room is nice and clean. I stayed in a suite and was given the perk to enjoy the club/lounge facility where I can relax and get free drinks. I can also get to eat my free breakfast in the club/lounge, away from the very busy main dining area.
Very good value for money! Will go back there to stay if I were to visit Hanoi again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CasaRasa
Andreas-Rud, General Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear CasaRasa,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. Great that you enjoyed Club InterContinental, it is one of my favourite spaces in the hotel and agree good value for money.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Adam McDonald, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Odiham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012 via mobile

I was here on business and couldn't fault the hotel, a very short stay but the staff welcome was great, the restaurant food was diverse in selection and good in quality and the location is relatively close to the main action within Hanoi.

Stayed March 2012
Dear markandphilippa,

Thank you so much for the review of the hotel. Great that you enjoyed our Food and Beverage offerings, the team work hard in keeping it fresh and lively while offering good value for money. We recently started a pizza night on Sunday's in Milan which is proving to be very popular.

Thanks again and please let me know next time you are in Hanoi.

Adam McDonald, General Manager
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The hotel is certainly in a wonderful setting with a lot of the rooms built out over the lake.
My room was spacious with all amenities I could want - WONDERFUL bathroom with large tub and big walk in wet room/shower. (A bit of a shame the bath plug leaked!)

The staff were courteous and friendly - although not all understood English very well; but why should they?

The conference facilities were superb and the food wonderful with a wide choice to suit everyone.

I was disappointed in the Spa facilities - or lack of them - and also slightly put out that the hotel was very quick to change my US$ in to local currency but would not change it back!

Although I have given a "Very Good" it is a low "very good". That said, if I was to return to Hanoi I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Personally, I liked the rooms built out over the lake rather than those in the main hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear MemeMoodle,

Thank you for the post on our hotel from your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed the room and bathroom. I apologise for the leaking bath plug.

I appreciate your comment about the teams English, working here I am trying hard to learn Vietnamese as the team are trying to improve their English. My philosophy is that I am here in their country so I try to be as Vietnamese as I can.

I take on board your comments about the spa, we are working at bringing this to life in the near future.

The currency exchange one is a difficult one, like most countries in Asia we are bound to use local currency. the best place to get money exchange is in banks, this is what I advise most of our guests.

Appreciate your comments, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Wuhan, China
Reviewed 4 April 2012

After a long time in the train from Nanning, crossing cozy Vietnamese border, arguing with the taxi driver on the “train station”, arrived to the hotel at around 5 a.m. with a tiny hope to check-in before official time.
And they checked us in without any hesitations and any extra charge.

Few days in advance they asked about our room preferences, and completed them correctly. We had a very big room (801) in one of the pavilions, which are located on the lake. Well designed with a big balcony, amazing shower (2 types: 1 is tropical rain and 2nd – with the massage effect) which attracts you to have as quick refreshing shower as deep dive after a long day. Different types of pillows, nice furniture and very interesting bottles with water (even we took one with us as a souvenir).
Unfortunately we didn’t have time to use swimming pool and visit Sunset bar, but both facilities are looking very attractive.

Location has its advantages, it is a little far from the city center, but after a day in this hell with running bikes and crowds of shouting people – it is like silent forest or morning beach. It is easy to come back by taxi (around 7 USD from the Lake), and easy to take a taxi there, cause they always have a few waiting. Moreover there is a little 800 years old Pagoda next to the hotel, from where you can start your acquaintanceship with Vietnam.

The quality of service should be mentioned. As far as we are PCR Member, there was a special person invited to check us in without waiting in the line. Concierge was helpful, answered politely and in details to every question, helped us to change money and provided a map, explained destination to the taxi driver and translated few necessary sentences.

In general, it is good place where you can recover and prepare for any kind of adventures of which there is a great diversity in this exciting country!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sergey_and_Elena
Dear Sergey and Elena,

Thank you for the comments you have posted, we always appreciate the feedback of our guests. How else can we hope to improve.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the team took special care of you. Our PCR guests are very important to us and we try our best to recognise and acknowledge their support.

The Pagoda next to the hotel is actually very special, there are many stories about it and the local people do hold it with high regard. There is a very spiritual part to the Vietnamese people which is fantastic as a guest of their country to be part of.

Agree this hotel offers a wonderful escape from the busy Hanoi lifestyle, it can get tiring working through it every day.

We would love to have you back in the summer so you can enjoy the pool, the resort feel and relaxed atmosphere of the hotel.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance

Uzes, France
Reviewed 3 April 2012 via mobile

I would have expected excellent for an Intercontinental hotel but would rate this hotel as very good instead. The rooms are large and spacious, ours had a view over the lake and wasn't too far from reception and pool. They are also very we'll equipped and the beds and showers are wonderful. The surroundings are very well maintained with fresh flowers and decor appropriate to Vietnam. The sunset bar is nice and breezy with comfortable seating and ok service, good selection of drinks and snacks.
The concierge staff are really knowledgable and are always on hand to help and show the way. They recommended four taxi companies to use that use a meter and won't rip you off.
The hotel is about ten minutes taxi ride outside Hanoi, the closest part of town being the old quarter. Using the taxi meter, it costs about 60-70,000 Dong to get in and all the taxi drivers know the hotel.
The only downside of this hotel is the lack of staff and sun beds at the pool which is quite small. For a hotel of this size and calibre I would have expected at least poolside staff to serve drinks and a pool attendant to monitor the sun bed use. There are only about twenty sun beds and in the afternoon, when sightseeing becomes too hot, you will be lucky to get a lounger. Guests seem to leave their towels on the loungers and one doesn't know if they are returning or leaving. Drinks are available but only if you are lucky enough to catch the eye of one of the indoor bar staff.
A very nice hotel and would happily return.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank pwchan
Dear Patrick London UK,

Thanks for the feedback on your stay with us. It is always great to get feedback like yours.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and the feel of the Resort style layout that we have. The flowers, the space both in the rooms and out, Vietnamese decor (nothing worst for me than staying in a hotel and not having any local feel to it) and sunset bar is not be missed, especially now as the weather heats up.

I take on board your comments on the sun lounges, perhaps as we are just coming out of winter we may not have put all of them out, I will have this followed up.

Certainly take on board your comments about service around the pool, this is something that is not acceptable and I will feed this back to my team so we can ensure this does not happen again.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance