“Sapa, Halong Bay & Hou Lu-Tam Coc”

Lily's Travel Agency
Ranked #66 of 908 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We offer quality and honest advices, reasonable prices and many options to visit Vietnam. Whether you are a backpacker looking for an affordable experience, or honeymooners looking to splurge on a vacation, Lily's Travel Agency has it all!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I would recommend Lily's Travel Agency if you want to go Sapa. Lily is a very patient, kind & friendly person althougt i have changed my DIY itinerary many times & the very last minute changed the Sapa train to express bus. We made last minute changes due to many bad review of night train. Luckily Lily can made it. Thanks Lily!

We booked 3 group package with Lily's TA - 2d2n Sapa, 2d1n Halong Bay & Hou Lu-Tam Coc Day trip.

Sapa 2d2n :
I like Sapa trip very much which 1n in Hotel & 1n in Homestay (should call "Guess House" better as pic i attached). We reached Hanoi in the afternoon & took 10 pm night bus (Luxury Soft Bed) to Sapa. We managed to sleep few hours in the bus.

Reached Sapa before 5am & our local Hmong tour guide Mu met us about 6.30am.
Only a bit disappointed when breakfast is not in the package. We need to walk quite far to the restaurant for our meals...Tiring of walking about 1.8km (20 min) from our Sapa Unique hotel to the restaurant for our dinner after we back from Fansipan Mount.

We enjoyed our trip in Homestay (Guess house)- Mao is our local tour guide. She is very cheerful person. Advise to bring your own bath towel..Im just a bit querry whether we have reused the previuos guess bath towel. We have their "Happy Water" during dinner treat. They cooked simple yet delicious dishes for us.
In the next morning about 7am, we found nothing to do while we waiting for the trekking to take palce in 10.30am..So we bring their dog walked around the farming land..we are so luck to took part in the farming activity..Our unplanned DIY fabulous activity-really have fun !

Be careful..they are many sellers will come around you in Sapa town ..You need to bargain or just say: No,Thank you. You are advice to buy their local hand craft in Sapa town market. You can get a good price..remember to bargin.

Halong Bay 2d1n:
We chosed Apricot Cruise- medium cost. We 3 person were assigned the biggest room (1 king bed, 2 single bed).Thank Lily! Good meals given on board. We visited amazing cave & Titop Island. after dinner we enjoyed squid fishing..1 guess managed to get a big squid- super happy!
Next morning- Tai Chi, Kayaking & visit Pearl Farm.

Hou Lu-Tam Coc: Day trip
We chosed the good package 40usd/person- told will be good quality of transport & meals. However, i found out that couple from Australia who just paid about 25usd
/person ( Medium package) is in the same tour with us. So there is nothing different between Good & Medium package. Feel a bit down...because we have paid more...
In future, i would take all package in Medium quality to avoid any disappointed moment...

However if compare to other travel agency i think Lily's TA has offer a cheaper price.
So im still recommend to my friends who will visit North of Vietnam. I think i will visit Sapa again in September next year to see the yellow rice field..Sure will choose Lily's TA.

Thank you Lily for the delicious Rice Biscuits as our token..My son like it very much!

All reviews
"airport transfer"
"via email"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

They were great to work with. Responded quickly to emails and were flexible with our changes and needs. Would definitely use them again and recommend them. Easy to find in a little side street of the Old Quarter.

1  Thank fubeca
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a bunch of things with Lily's: 1) Halong Bay trip with Imperial Cruises and one night in a bungalow, 2) a homestay with Mama Mao in Sapa with some trekking, 3) train to Sapa, 4) bus to Hanoi, 5) flight to Hue, and 6) flight to Danang.

They did everything well and professionally and we were even able to book everything from abroad over email. The Halong Bay and homestay were excellent.

Two cautionary points to make. First is that their expertise is really in the north. They didn't really have good contacts to book stuff in central Vietnam. Second, Mama Mao is great and seems really organized but you'll want to double and triple check with her if you're going straight from the homestay to a bus or train. We made our bus by the skin of our teeth, I'm not sure others in our group were so lucky.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Lily's travel was super helpful and attentive. I booked a 3-day Sapa trek with them and the famous mama Mao. Lily's quickly made changes for me after my first day was not what I expected (unengaged guide who disappeared from his home and women showed up to sell us things). Moved to Mao's homestay that is very comfortable and welcoming. However it's basically a hostel/guesthouse in a village, not really a homestay. Food was great, and plenty of "happy water" if you want it. I think Lily's is great if you can tell them exactly what you want in Sapa.
Lily's is also very helpful with buses and suggestions for onward travel. They'll check in on you and you'll be in good hands.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We have read rave reviews about lily agency and hence reached out to them. Trong was our liaison. He was indeed very knowledgeable and responsive. He has been so helpful to help me understand better the tour itinerary for Sapa and Halong Bay. He made the extreme effort to contact me daily to see how was I doing, in which I felt very appreciative. I dont think I have encountered anyone else like him. The trip was overall great though I gave him some minor feedback on the tour. On our last day, he came down to apologise even though there is no need for him to do so. He even bought some departing gifts for us on our way back to airport. There are so many tour agencies in hanoi and I do strongly recommend going to Lily agency if you need any tour, the price is very reasonable for the kind of services that you are getting. Most importantly, they are very professional and responsible for the work that they are doing.